General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why Is HD So Cheap

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 07:54 AM
tobyhd1
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why Is HD So Cheap

That`s cool.Redmondp,get on the HD website look up dashes/consoles.Not to kick dirt on you,but the satin finish dash isn`t doing anything for the looks of your bike.Toby

Old 11-25-2007, 08:24 AM
06train
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: Redmondp

ORIGINAL: 06train

Your *****..geeewiz!!!
Very intelligent. Another great answer.
Sorry dude,,just kiddin..I had a simmilar problem when I picked my scoot up at the dealer..The scew that holds the seat on was offset from centre..Upon checking other bikes @ the dealer we found there were a lot with the same issue..Gotta wonder????

Old 11-25-2007, 08:31 AM
easyglider
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

CHEAP! Where you shoppin'?

Old 11-25-2007, 08:51 AM
Redmondp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: tobyhd1

That`s cool.Redmondp,get on the HD website look up dashes/consoles.Not to kick dirt on you,but the satin finish dash isn`t doing anything for the looks of your bike.Toby
I agree Toby. I do like the looks of 100thRK console. The black border offset the rest of it. I just got to do some shopping. Thanks

Great stuff from everyone else. Thanks for giving me some ideas. Anyhow. Cold, wet and just not a good day to ride in Germany. Weather is getting better this coming week. Ride The Wind.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 AM
Bear64
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$20,000 MC and this is the best they can do. What have other's done to make this area a little better looking.

[img][img]
Man I feel your pain, I spent some hard earned money on a couple of harleys and the damn things got screws, nuts and bolts all over it, WTF should have bought a Beemer, oh wait, they also have screws and nuts and bolts all over..Bummer Whats a guy to do??[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Fenderplayer
6th Gear

The company is like any other company in corp america. It has to maximize profits and please investors. That's the bottom line. There is a fine balance between pleasing and keeping customers and making profits. Too much of one will take away from the other. Look at their line of after market add ons. We spend a ton of money adding all sorts of enhancements. They arein it to make money and keep investors happy - bottom line.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:39 AM
Redmondp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: Bear64

$20,000 MC and this is the best they can do. What have other's done to make this area a little better looking.

[img][img]
Man I feel your pain, I spent some hard earned money on a couple of harleys and the damn things got screws, nuts and bolts all over it, WTF should have bought a Beemer, oh wait, they also have screws and nuts and bolts all over..Bummer Whats a guy to do??[sm=boohoo.gif][sm=icon_rofl.gif]
Well, I do have a Bimmer but, it's a cage. Very nice one too. My other problem is if I wanted to play with the kid's on the block I would of gone to the sandbox. Why is it so hard to post a simple question here. I don't like the ****ing philips head screw looking at me and just asked for some solutions to my problem. How the **** hard is that. I am too old for all this other ****.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:42 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: tobyhd1

Interesting enough it is not a satin finish but opinions are like ........, everyone has one.

Old 11-25-2007, 09:43 AM
nine11c2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts

Words I never thought I'd hear "Why is Harley so cheap...."

Old 11-25-2007, 09:52 AM
Redmondp
Tourer

ORIGINAL: nine11c2

Words I never thought I'd hear "Why is Harley so cheap...."
Ok, so maybe I listed the topic wrong. Maybe, I should of said. Why did the ****ing MoCo think I wanted a philips head screw and a big ****ing washer looking at me everytime I ride my bike.

Quick Reply: Why Is HD So Cheap