General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 PM
akenaten
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Does EVRYBODY where a Harley "logo" jacket??

ORIGINAL: ironhorse

I guess I don't quite get it, everyone here has purchased an overpriced bike and then **** and moan about overpriced jackets.
Now THAT is a good point!!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:45 PM
cbigbie191
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??

I go out of my way to not wear the HD logo anywhere. I will not pay to advertise for them, but I love the bikes.

Old 12-06-2007, 09:48 PM
BOARGAURD
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I advertise for them. Yes their jackets are overpriced and just could see buying one but I found mine half price at Sturgis this year. Wasn't really needing one but it is a nice jacket and couldn't pass the deal up.

By the way if you tank say HD on it YOU ARE ADVERTISING..... whats wrong with that.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:01 PM
JC650
Road Captain

I do have an HD jacket that I rarely wear.I have a bunch of t's thatI always wear. I have 1 pair of HD boots that are pretty nice. I have 1 HD helmet and thats it. I dont mind advertising for the moco because I think they make a quality product. I did have a small HD sticker in the rear window of my last truck, but it was only about the size of an average thumb. I dont really care for the big stickers on cages to be honest I think they are a little overbearing.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:02 PM
bikergeoff
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I own the bike, NOT the t-shirt... No H-D ANYTHING, except my bikes. I met a guy in a bar the other day, head to toe in H-D shirt, hat, jeans, belt, boots... and he doesn't even ride...

Old 12-06-2007, 10:24 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

ORIGINAL: bikenuts

So do you wear Harley goods? Jackets, vests, shirts, etc.? I find their goods are well made and not overpriced compared to comparable quality. My stock portfolio wants to know.

PS: Since I bought the Ultra last month, I bought 2 HD jackets, 3 HD shirts, HD boots, HD gloves. I think I'm OD'ing on this stuff because it wasn't available for my Wing or Beemers.
The owner of my dealership affectionately calls his store Dillard-Davidson, Dillard's being a nationwide clothing-store chain. I wear an HD jacket (not one logo anywhere except the inside label), a few hats, and two pair of harness boots, all of which I bought on sale or Ebay, and have picked up probably 80 HD T-shirts on the road over the past many years riding through 33 states. I also have maybe 20 other T's given as gifts (HD of Singapore, Anchorage, Buenos Aires, Hawaii, and other places I haven't been). Do I have a problem wearing a shirt from a place I haven't been? Hell no.

Well-made? Yes. Overpriced? Yes, but I shop Ebay for bargains or wait 'til the stealership has them on sale for at least 40% off. I bought a new $425 leather HD jacket for $200, new harness boots for $35, etc. on Ebay. Look around and you'll find bargains. I never buy any apparel at retail.

I have no problem buying other brands of apparel that serve the purpose--e.g., out of four pairs of gloves none are HD brand. The logo means little to me, actually.

Old 12-06-2007, 10:32 PM
fishpro
Cruiser

It's true, the bike was only a down payment on all the other MoCo stuff. Hell no, I am not going to pay $20,000 for a jacket with an HD logo. The bike says HD loud and clear!!![:'(]

Old 12-06-2007, 10:42 PM
bikenuts
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: iclick

ORIGINAL: bikenuts

So do you wear Harley goods? Jackets, vests, shirts, etc.? I find their goods are well made and not overpriced compared to comparable quality. My stock portfolio wants to know.

PS: Since I bought the Ultra last month, I bought 2 HD jackets, 3 HD shirts, HD boots, HD gloves. I think I'm OD'ing on this stuff because it wasn't available for my Wing or Beemers.
The owner of my dealership affectionately calls his store Dillard-Davidson, Dillard's being a nationwide clothing-store chain. I wear an HD jacket (not one logo anywhere except the inside label), a few hats, and two pair of harness boots, all of which I bought on sale or Ebay, and have picked up probably 80 HD T-shirts on the road over the past many years riding through 33 states. I also have maybe 20 other T's given as gifts (HD of Singapore, Anchorage, Buenos Aires, Hawaii, and other places I haven't been). Do I have a problem wearing a shirt from a place I haven't been? Hell no.

Well-made? Yes. Overpriced? Yes, but I shop Ebay for bargains or wait 'til the stealership has them on sale for at least 40% off. I bought a new $425 leather HD jacket for $200, new harness boots for $35, etc. on Ebay. Look around and you'll find bargains. I never buy any apparel at retail.

I have no problem buying other brands of apparel that serve the purpose--e.g., out of four pairs of gloves none are HD brand. The logo means little to me, actually.
Great if you can find what you want on the "clearance" rack. I seldom do, so when I find something I like and it fits, I buy it. At 65, I don't like waiting around for anything.

[/quote]

Old 12-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Real_Big_Tex
Cruiser

Only Harley leather I have is a pair of ventilated gloves my brother in law gave me. The HD leather is all made in Pakistan and is light weight fashion stuff except for the FXRG stuff. The riding boots are good and are made by Wolverine. There aren't too many places around here that sell cruiser style riding boots and the ones that do, usually only carry the HD boots.

I like to collect T-shirts from the different dealers I visit and I have been given HD non leather clothing from friends and relatives.

HD does have some cool looking leather jackets but as I said before, fashion wear not protective riding gear.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:51 AM
FXWGG
Cruiser

I have a bunch of T-shirts frm different places I visit but nothing else. Wife owns a leather store so I get pretty good prices on anything else. Chaps were hand made for a friend that was killed awhile back and they were handed to me from his wife. Those I wear with pride! [/align][/align]"It used to be about motorcycles, Now its a f---ing fashion show"[/align]

Quick Reply: Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??