General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:27 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Old 02-12-2009, 05:14 PM
jaysonL
Elite HDF Member
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Fastfwd
I don’t mean to personally offend anyone, but I have to say that I don’t really get the attitude about not wearing Harley shirts or whatever. You ride the bike or you wouldn’t be here. I don’t get it why the people who do wear the gear are believed to have some kind of defect because they do and it’s somehow more ‘macho’ to resist wearing the gear or make it out like you only wear it because somebody else bought it for you.

I can see that you might look like a dork if you’re too decked out in Harley garb. I know I’ve had to think twice before walking out the door with too much Harley stuff on.

I wore Harley t-shirts for over 20 years before I was finally able to get a bike. I never felt any shame for wearing one and never knew that people even had attitudes about it before getting a bike and coming onto these forums.

Maybe I should read through this entire thread and see if this hasn’t been covered already…… I read enough to see a LOT of attitude about not wearing the gear.
+1 Fastfwd. I am at a loss with the attitude against the gear. People will all but call you a commie for riding any other bike, spend tens of thousands buying their Harley, give their nod of approval to a Harley tattoo, but wont buy, or ware a Harley Jacket. I bought one 2 years ago. It's seen thousands of miles, been soaked through with rain, and has been caked with tons of bugs, and it still is the best riding jacket I can find, and.... it's made in the U.S.A. ! I get as many compliments on the jacket as I do the bike. It's made very well, and looks, and feels great. So, I guess, my answer to th original question is Yes, I ware one, and even if no one else on earth wore one, I still would.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:18 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by jaysonL
+1 Fastfwd. I am at a loss with the attitude against the gear. People will all but call you a commie for riding any other bike, spend tens of thousands buying their Harley, give their nod of approval to a Harley tattoo, but wont buy, or ware a Harley Jacket. I bought one 2 years ago. It's seen thousands of miles, been soaked through with rain, and has been caked with tons of bugs, and it still is the best riding jacket I can find, and.... it's made in the U.S.A. ! I get as many compliments on the jacket as I do the bike. It's made very well, and looks, and feels great. So, I guess, my answer to th original question is Yes, I ware one, and even if no one else on earth wore one, I still would.
psssssst....the word you are looking for is "hypocrite"

Old 02-12-2009, 07:34 PM
bloomington g
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I personally don't care what people wear, but you got to admit, it is funny to see a group of people together wearing most of if not all the following (some of them all at one time)...HD - boots, jeans, shirts, belts, jackets, doo rags, helmets, jewelry, and probably socks and underwear. HD marketing has done a great job of turning "non conformists" and their pets into living billboards.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:13 PM
HDRider78154
Tourer

My jacket is from Foxcreek, I have HD boots, gloves, and some Tshirts.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:23 PM
Concrete Cowboy 2009
Cruiser

Wow, all this talk about HD clothes. I like HD clothes. Just thought you might want to know that.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM
ko4qc
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hell,my Harley dosnt even have "Harley Davidson" on it...it does have a 1959-1960 tank emblem that says HD.....I wouldnt wear that overpriced,Chinese poser garb if they gave it to me...:>)

Old 02-12-2009, 09:41 PM
Smokin' Jacket
Novice
Cool

Originally Posted by intempestivus
I collect the dealer t-shirts when I'm out on the road. It's my way of keeping track of where I've been I guess. Fox Creek makes the best leather wear and has the best price and service. My jacket, chaps, and vest are all Fox Creek. To each his own though, I don't really care. I do make a point of avoiding riders who are decked out head to toe in brand new leathers when I'm riding with a group of people I don't know. I just figure they aren't as experienced so I try to give them (and myself) a little more room.

That's a ridiculous statement and very arrogant. Some of us are just well dressed. That's like saying a really clean bike is owned by a new rider or poser. I like clothes and I like Harley Davidson-or Divadson, for that matter. I don't need to dress like an anonymous piece of **** in order to prove I know how to ride.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:53 PM
Smokin' Jacket
Novice
Cool

Originally Posted by wwb
I don't either. I'm pretty satisfied with who I am. I guess some folks are in a perpetual identity crisis.

wwb

Another sanctimonious statement. Wrong, too. It has absolutely nothing to do with an identity crisis- any more than having a bike suggests a mid-life crisis.

You are creating a different stereotype by not wearing the gear because it is a deliberate avoidance. You are "too good" to wear the gear. Maybe you're afraid that other "bikers" will think that you look like a wanna-be. Now who has the identity crisis? It takes more than a t-shirt to create a stereotype. It's an "attitude".

Old 02-12-2009, 10:28 PM
Greyboat
Tourer

Huh, no

Quick Reply: Does EVERYBODY wear a Harley "logo" jacket??