General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Bike Show at the Javits Center in NYC................

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2007, 10:05 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The Bike Show at the Javits Center in NYC................

I went last night with my wife and another couple. I was drooling. The Rocker actually exists!!... Pretty cool looking bike...better in person than in pictures and very comfortable to sit on.

The Victory Vision is like a vision you would have while on acid.... even worse in person than in pictures (yes that IS possible). I wouldn't ride it if you GAVE it to me.... I would sell it to some dic-head and buy something else. [:'(]

Big dog had some real beauties. I never thought their paint jobs were up to par with the bike itself...but their tins were really great. They are far superior to Ironhorse in quality and now the paint department is catching up fast.

American Ironhorse had a couple of beautiful looking bikes, the Tejas and the Slammer are my two favorites but we all know the rotten reliability and customer service stories.

I am certainly no fan but both Victory and Star had some unbelievable looking bikes on the floor with seriously radical paint jobs. Victory had one that had a single swing arm on the rear so one side of the wheel was completely exposed....it was amazing.

There were two or three custom shops there that had some seriously beautiful rides on display.

This has been DenimStreet reporting from the floor of the Jacob Javits Convention Center in NYC.

Old 12-29-2007, 10:07 AM
RetroHarley
Tourer
Default RE: The Bike Show at the Javits Center in NYC................

Did you not see the other thread already started?

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2641339/tm.htm

Old 12-29-2007, 10:15 AM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: RetroHarley

Did you not see the other thread already started?

https://www.hdforums.com/m_2641339/tm.htm
No I didn't....but mine is a more "in-depth" report!

Old 12-29-2007, 01:35 PM
smokeygold
Road Master

Excellent report denim. I am still debating on whether to make the trip from MA on Sunday.

Old 12-29-2007, 04:47 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: smokeygold

Excellent report denim. I am still debating on whether to make the trip from MA on Sunday.
To be honest with you smokey...it's fun, but I wouldn'tdrive from MA to see it. Now if the weather permits and you were riding....that would be a different story!

Old 12-29-2007, 05:41 PM
EVO80
Road Captain

I just got back from the show and wouldhave to agree that the Rocker looks better in person than in pictures. I don't agreeabout the Victory Vision - it looks ugly in pictures and just as ugly in person. Truely one butt fugly bike. If I had visions that looked like that when I took acid back in the sixties I'd still be having bad flash backs!!!

Old 12-29-2007, 06:08 PM
DenimStreet
Ultimate HDF Member

ORIGINAL: EVO80

I just got back from the show and wouldhave to agree that the Rocker looks better in person than in pictures. I don't agreeabout the Victory Vision - it looks ugly in pictures and just as ugly in person. Truely one butt fugly bike. If I had visions that looked like that when I took acid back in the sixties I'd still be having bad flash backs!!!
I understand what you mean...it's hard to get uglier than it look in the pictures....but two things jumped out at me when I saw it in person. One was the MASSIVE size especially the one with the passenger seat and "trunk". The other thing was the HUGE "V" shaped tail lights. (duh..get it? "V" shaped light for "Victory") So freaking cheesy and obvious! Those two things made me say that it is even uglier in person!![:'(]