General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WAVING RUINS LIVES!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 11:24 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default WAVING RUINS LIVES!!!

Just teasing. That is of course unless you wave and fall off your bike. Then it would ruin YOUR life!

Old 01-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Lumpy63
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: WAVING RUINS LIVES!!!

I have to agree.

I waved once at a passing motorcyclist. I thought it was a Harley, but it turned out to be a Metric cruiser. That wasn't an issue, but apparently some Harely guys were behind me, and at the next light, were all like, "Hey dude...you waved at a Metric bike."

I was like, "Yeah....so?"

And they were all like, "So....what's up with that?"

So I proceeded to explain that it doesn't really matter WHAT you ride, as long as you ride.

Then they were like, "Doooood.....yer riiiiight!!"

Well, that didn't ruin my life.

But...... I spent so much time explaining this to these guys, that I was late getting home, and my wife was super-pissed cause she just spent all afternoon cooking my favorite dinner. So the food was cold, and she was pissed and no matter what I said, it just made it worse. I explained to her the whole story of "It's not what you ride, it's that you ride. No change.

But that's not what ruined my life, either.

So after dinner, I went out for a few beers at the local tavern and this sweet little red-headed honey comes up to me and starts chatting with me at the bar. We have a few drinks and one thing leads to another, and the next thing you know........yep......you guessed it.........I'm too drunk to drive home.

But that didn't ruin my life, either.

So I called the wife and told her I needed a ride home. She was still pissed about the whole dinner thing, and all the way home, I proceeded to tell her about the sweet little red-head at the bar that was all over me, and she proceeded to tell me that she didn't see a sweet little red-head at the bar next to me, rather a 190 lbs, patch over one eye, and a neatly trimmed, bearded gal sitting next to me, who was "into me", if you mean that asking me to pass her the bowl of peanuts was actually "hitting on me" and "all over me".

That's when, in my ultimate drunkeness, I once again explained to the wife that it's not WHAT you ride, as long AS you ride....

I don't remember much after that.

That's pretty much where it takes a turn for the bad, andbecause of THAT, I will never wave to another biker on the road again.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:54 AM
oldfartjc
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh no, another thread with the word WAVE in it.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:55 AM
Yellotang
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lumpy63

I have to agree.

I waved once at a passing motorcyclist. I thought it was a Harley, but it turned out to be a Metric cruiser. That wasn't an issue, but apparently some Harely guys were behind me, and at the next light, were all like, "Hey dude...you waved at a Metric bike."

So I proceeded to explain that it doesn't really matter WHAT you ride, as long as you ride.

But...... I spent so much time explaining this to these guys, that I was late getting home, and my wife was super-pissed cause she just spent all afternoon cooking my favorite dinner. So the food was cold, and she was pissed and no matter what I said, it just made it worse. I explained to her the whole story of "It's not what you ride, it's that you ride. No change.

So after dinner, I went out for a few beers at the local tavern and this sweet little red-headed honey comes up to me and starts chatting with me at the bar. We have a few drinks and one thing leads to another, and the next thing you know........yep......you guessed it.........I'm too drunk to drive home.

So I called the wife and told her I needed a ride home. She was still pissed about the whole dinner thing, and all the way home, I proceeded to tell her about the sweet little red-head at the bar that was all over me, and she proceeded to tell me that she didn't see a sweet little red-head at the bar next to me, rather a 190 lbs, patch over one eye, and a neatly trimmed, bearded gal sitting next to me, who was "into me", if you mean that asking me to pass her the bowl of peanuts was actually "hitting on me" and "all over me".

That's when, in my ultimate drunkeness, I once again explained to the wife that it's not WHAT you ride, as long AS you ride....

That's pretty much where it takes a turn for the bad, andbecause of THAT, I will never wave to another biker on the road again.
That is way too funny.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:59 AM
TxRooster
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not going to do it, I'm not going to comment on the hand thing, nope ain't going to do- noway nohow- crap I did hit reply

Old 01-05-2008, 01:14 PM
Maxcustody
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[sm=why.gif]

Old 01-05-2008, 01:18 PM
monsterdeluxe
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Lumpy63

I have to agree.

Thats some funny ****, lumpy. Best reason to open the thread. LMAO

Old 01-05-2008, 01:38 PM
raymond357
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-05-2008, 04:11 PM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 620 Likes on 386 Posts

Not another waving thread!