General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2nd Annual Pacific Rally - Location/ Date Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:08 PM
Bluerose
Default 2nd Annual Pacific Rally - Location/ Date Poll

I'm placing this in the General Harley Chat since not everyone visits the regional sections.

Last year the Pacific Rally was held in Mammoth, CA and w had a great time! Here's some pics.

There was a lot of folks in the south that said they would come only if it was "Closer". The Pacific section is of the forum is a huge area of over 1200 miles North to South and up to 700 + miles East to West. I tried to centralize a bit.

This year there has been some comments about having a Pacific SW Rally instead of trying to have a full Pacific Rally. Having a Rally 600 - 700 miles from the farthest destination does require some folks to take extra time (using personal vacation time in many cases). It is also harder on those riding non-touring bikes. The point though is that you just don't chose the area closest too you...get adventurous. Even if most of the participants are in CA, CA is a very big state lets consider others....

For the Pacific area the triagulation for all states (using Boise, Idaho/ Seattle, WA/ Las Vegas, NV/ San Diego,CA) I came up with the Mount Shasta/ Lassen Volcanic NP area. However, I will go with the highest turn out which may mean we fall south and/or west.

So here is the poll to figure out where we should have the Rallythis year. I've allowed for multiple picks. Please consider if you are willing to ride that distance before voting. If a decision is made to do this over a Holiday weekend we will need to get this thing moving!

[hr]

The thought is you come in on Friday afternoon/evening. We have a full ride day Saturday with dinner. Sunday we have breakfast then I will have amorning ride and/or afternoon ride while others may head home. Monday, I am off for the rest of my vacation**.

[hr]

Note: The only ride I know we may butt up against is the Shasta Salute to America in on Labor day weekend.

** I usually setup a riding vacation around the rally. This year I am working on a 2000 mile ride. Through 5 states
Just need to know where the rally is going to be.

Old 01-21-2008, 02:27 PM
BinIdaho
Stellar HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Default RE: 2nd Annual Pacific Rally - Location/ Date Poll

My vote's for Mt. Shasta and Labor Day Weekend.

Old 01-21-2008, 06:16 PM
mrsr71
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Reference map…

Old 01-21-2008, 06:41 PM
billk
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dear Bev, you and Hubby are truly "troopers", in trying to arragnge this. And unlike some others, you do get it done.Last year's trip was fantastic, to say the least. Ask any who attended. It is a lot of work, but I would ride with you and Brad anywhere. My only suggestion is not to do the ride over Memorial day. Lots of traffic, limited hotel/motel accomodations, etc. Best to you.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:33 PM
reefrider
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Lookin forward to makin this ralley. Votes in for Mt Shasta and early/mid September but could be flexable with date.
Scott

Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM
Comfortably Numb
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Wherever everyone decides....and I prefer Mid to late May or Early June.

CN

Old 01-21-2008, 10:25 PM
NakedSnowman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say mid way...I'm in Stockton, so Central Cali isn't all that far. But we might get more folks if it's more centralized....Yosemite?

Old 01-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Bluerose

Wow haven't been on for a bit...Looks like Mt. Shasta is pulling away early!

Thanks to mrsr71 for the great map

Thanks to BillK for the wonderful review of the last Rally.

I agree that making the meet for a Holiday weekend is a bad idea, but I thought I'd throw it out there. Mid-May to Mid-June seems to be a tweener time before the roads get busy and the heat gets going. After labor day in Sept. is a tad more unpredictable it can be perfect, too hot, and last year it snowed on the passes towards Reno.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:39 PM
Bluerose

ORIGINAL: NakedSnowman

I say mid way...I'm in Stockton, so Central Cali isn't all that far. But we might get more folks if it's more centralized....Yosemite?
We did Mammoth/Yosemite Last year and got a good turnout. Could try moving to Sonora so folks don't have to do the passes to get there. The problem with Yosemite is that we should have booked last year if you want to stay there this year[:@]

I tell you though the 49 between Sonora and Placerville is a awesome ride.

Old 01-21-2008, 10:40 PM
greg09997
Road Warrior
Received 94 Likes on 48 Posts

I could make any of these work, but San Diego would be pushing things some.
I think Sequoia would be a great location.

Very nice of you to organize this.

Quick Reply: 2nd Annual Pacific Rally - Location/ Date Poll