General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2014, 12:21 PM
jimmy1439
Tourer
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Shout out to Landers Toad Suck H/D in Conway, AR. Great service.

We were on our way back from a trip out west yesterday and started to hear noise in the primary area at idle and down shifting...kinda like there were marbles in there. In and out in about an hour and a half at most. Primary cover removed, compensator removed and inspected, clutch inspected, tensioner adjusted, re-assembled, test ridden and spot cleaned where there was fluid from dis-assembly. We bought a couple things and they offered to send them home if we didn't have room.

Great folks in my book.

Old 08-03-2014, 02:07 PM
R_Einan
Road Master
Received 108 Likes on 89 Posts

Jaime at High Desert Harley in Meridian ID was great, helped me set up a great deal on a '12 FLHX and treated me very well on my custom '05 FXSTi. I will call him first when I am in the market for my next Harley. He was excellent to work with! Even offered to get me a hotel for the night if I wanted to make the 600 miles round trip in 2 days instead of one. Thumbs up in my book!

RE

Old 08-05-2014, 01:17 AM
maryamshah1
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default female fitness models

Excellent summary, bookmarked the site for hopes to see more!

Old 08-05-2014, 08:47 AM
MikeyTX
Outstanding HDF Member

Received 197 Likes on 167 Posts

Waco H-D. Way less for the factory ECM re-flash than the dealers in the D-FW metro area. In and out in less than half an hour.

Old 08-07-2014, 02:53 PM
Skidmark63
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I give high props to Dave at Rocky Mount NC HD. He went way over and above what a salesman normally would do. He made the sale easy and the price he sold us the bike was the least expensive around my area to boot.

Old 08-08-2014, 07:02 AM
bluecollarjoe
Advanced

Treated great by L-A Harley (Lewiston-Auburn, Maine) on our East Coast tour a few weeks ago. Noticed a gob of grease on the front axle and thought I blew a seal on the front bearing. Knowing I was "in transit", they took my bike first thing in the morning, pulled the wheel, inspected the bearings and put it all back together for less than a half hour's labor rate. They were honest enough to tell me nothing was wrong, it was just my local dealer over-greased the axle when he changed my front tire before the trip. They could have charged me more and replaced the bearings anyway, but thankfully, that's not the way they work. I appreciate such honesty and fair dealings from any business. Too bad I don't live close enough to use them more often (1500 miles is a little far to go for a service).

Old 08-08-2014, 01:25 PM
Pastor Ron
Advanced
Default Lander's HD Little Rock Arkansas

I can't say enough about these guys. Great price on a new scoot and great pricing on a trade in. Now the service...... I have had several issues on my new 2014 Ultra Limited. Some were the recalls and others were componet failures. Every time I had a problem, Lander's stepped up and took care of me without delays or double talk. I live an hour away from the shop so so drop it off it takes a 2 hour round trip on the bike, and 2 round trips of 2 hours each for my wife to pick me up and drop me back off. That's 6 hours total. If I was coming to town I had no problem dropping it off. If I wasn't, Landers sent a trailer out and picked up my scoot then dilevered it when done. Also on one occasion I had a problem come up 4 days before the RFTW and they came and got the bike, fixed it and delivered it back washed and ready to go in 3 days. I don't know how you can get any better than this.

Old 08-11-2014, 07:28 AM
robqk4kzi
Stage II
Default Tramontin HD Hope, NJ

By far the best overall dealership I have been to. Sales, Parts, Service. All top notch. I ride an hour each way for everthing I need for my bike. I just bought an Ultra Limited, this is the second bike I've bought from them. I ride an hour each way even for an oil change. I have another dealership literally less than a mile from my hopuse. I wouldn't even think of going there.

Old 08-13-2014, 06:52 PM
Erbie
Tourer

Originally Posted by Pastor Ron
I can't say enough about these guys. Great price on a new scoot and great pricing on a trade in. Now the service...... I have had several issues on my new 2014 Ultra Limited. Some were the recalls and others were componet failures. Every time I had a problem, Lander's stepped up and took care of me without delays or double talk. I live an hour away from the shop so so drop it off it takes a 2 hour round trip on the bike, and 2 round trips of 2 hours each for my wife to pick me up and drop me back off. That's 6 hours total. If I was coming to town I had no problem dropping it off. If I wasn't, Landers sent a trailer out and picked up my scoot then dilevered it when done. Also on one occasion I had a problem come up 4 days before the RFTW and they came and got the bike, fixed it and delivered it back washed and ready to go in 3 days. I don't know how you can get any better than this.
Landers had, note the word had, a shop in Hot Springs, I wouldn't have let them check the air in the tires.

Old 08-23-2014, 07:25 PM
leonm47
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default One of the best experiences I've had in a long time.

For you DFW,Texas dudes & dudettes I purchased a 14 SG Special from Adam Smith's Texas Harley in Bedford. From the time I entered the business till I left on my new Harley (which I didn't intend to buy and still haven't told wifey), I was treated like the king of somewhere. No pressure, no fast talk just good folks. They take you to every dept. in the business and the whole staff was just outstanding plus they will deal on the price. Just good folks to do business with. If you're in this area and considering purchase, service or HD clothing look up Adam Smith's Harley.

Oh, haven't update my avatar that's my 09 SG.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences