General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 11:14 AM
VanHammersley
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gainesville Harley Davidson - Gainesville, FL.

Just bought my 2013 FXDB there a couple weeks ago. No pressure sales staff, sale was quick, painless. Met someone in every dept during in-store poker run - very friendly/helpful. I have since been up to the dealership a couple times to get my plates and have some parts installed (foot peg support kit and pegs - I tied to do myself - PIA). Parts Dept. was great, pulled the parts I needed (after calling)/had them waiting for me when I didn't even request it. Awesome. Service staff were excellent/went out of their way to fit me in when the appt. date got mixed up, washed my bike after, made sure to explain the bill/work done, and went above and beyond to help me with some questions about other aspects of the bike, etc.

I'm very impressed so far with GVHD. 5+ stars all around.

Old 05-01-2017, 12:13 PM
BuckKnuckle
Road Master
Received 1,003 Likes on 397 Posts

LaCrosse Harley Davidson in Onalaska WI. Absolutely first rate. Excellent staff,
helpful, friendly. Really, really enjoy doing business with them.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:04 PM
SunDevil45
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Longhorn HD - Grand Prairie, Texas

Was looking for a new Slim S, FLSTN or a RK Special & hit every Harley dealer in DFW, from Fort Worth to Allen. Longhorn wasn't the cheapest, actually a little over $400 more than the lowest price I found & they weren't giving any free extras away, but the sales & service guys were awesome. Every other place I went, as soon as I test rode a bike they wanted to play the numbers game right then for that bike. Maybe because I'm a little on the younger side of what they normally see & was paying cash.

At any rate, stopped in to Longhorn several times & each time the sales guy just wanted me to ride whatever I was stuck on that day. Spent 90 on a Deluxe with him, got back & first thing he said was "let's ride the King now". After finally mostly deciding on the Deluxe, I spoke to mods I think I'd like & he & the service guy Hector spent te showing me pics of buddies bike mods that were similar to what I envisioned, talked about what I'd need to do the work, indies that could help out & invited me on a Sunday ride down to Austin. Since then, even stopping by to check out other bikes, they have made time to shoot the bull. Even the F&I guy & I didn't finance anything. My experience so far has been they are a group that lives bikes & riding first & a Harley dealer second.

Old 05-03-2017, 08:20 AM
RouletteMan
4th Gear
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Southern Thunder in Southaven, Mississippi 5 Stars
Everyone there is great. I consider myself lucky to have a shop like this so close to home.

The following users liked this post:
Minister1955 (05-09-2017)
Old 05-05-2017, 07:01 PM
SunDevil45
Intermediate
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I found a new metric for dealership excellence & dedication to customer service.

Whenever I take a scoot to a dealer for quick/customer waiting service, if I get to my destination & I have a wet *** from the wash, looking like I pissed myself in a floorboard scrapping hairpin mountain turn, I know I am just a dollar sign to that dealer. If they actually pay attention to detail & see that "customer waiting" sticker & my *** arrives dry to my destination, I know they see me as a valued current & future customer. All I can say right now is... My *** needs a damn towel, maybe two. Who knew these damn seat could hold so much eff'ing water.

Old 05-07-2017, 07:56 AM
zigzag930
Advanced
Received 25 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Exceptional Experience - Bert's Black Widow, Pt. Charlotte, FL

Two weeks ago I traded my '16 FLTRU for a '15 FLTRUSE. Couldn't resist that gorgeous CVO and got a very nice deal.

The '15 FLTRUSE was out of factory warranty and I chose to hold off on purchasing an aftermarket plan, until I could do some research.

We picked up Lucille (see Cool Hand Luke for explanation) Thursday night, put a few upgrades on her Friday, and Saturday we took off for a weekend trip.

As soon as my wife and I put our 3/4 helmets on - we noticed the intercom would not work and the audio was acting bizarre. So I messed with the radio for about 30 mins, checking all the settings and finally gave up. We rode without the headsets for the weekend.

Tuesday I contacted Kim, in Black Widow's service department. She said if I could get the bike up there before 5:30, they'd look at it same day. So, I brought Lucille in to have her checked out.

When I arrived, Kim had a tech jump right on the problem. He was puzzled with the radio/intercom issue and asked if I could leave the bike with him so he could hook the bike up to Harley and have the factory help diagnose the problem. So I left her and waited for a call the next day.

The next day, Kim called me as promised. Bad news. Or course, when does service ever call with good news? I was advise the Boom radio was defective and would need to be replaced. My suspicious nature, began thinking I'm about to get screwed.

Kim thought the bike was under ESP so the radio repairs would be covered. I explained that I did not have a service contract on Lucille and based on the cost of a new radio, would need to hold off. I politely asked if there was anything she could do to help me out as I just bought the bike there and apparently, unbeknown to me - the radio must have been broken when we bought the bike.

I was shocked with what happened next. Instead of getting pressured by Kim about a service plan, or told sorry you bought the bike as is (which I did), she said "let me see what I can do. I'll call you back in a few minutes". Well she did call back as promised about 30 minutes later to tell me Black Widow was going to replace the radio for me at no cost. I was speechless. Never have I been treated like that by any motor vehicle or boat dealer in my life.

She explained it could be 4-5 days for the radio to arrive from Harley and I'd most likely not get my bike back until the following week. No problem, they are doing me right, so I can wait. Anyway, two days later Lucille is ready to pick up. Wow!

I arrived on Friday and as promised, the new radio had been installed, no charge to me.

Now wait, the story isn't quite over yet.

I was sitting on the bike, still at the dealer, messing with the radio, when my wife walks up. She says what happened to Lucille? I had no idea what she was talking about. Well somehow, the front fairing got a few deep scratches on the left side. I hadn't noticed them, but was pretty diss-appointed when I got off a saw the scratches.

My wife went in to get Kim to come have a look. There was no argument about "the scratches were there already" or "we didn't do it". Service attempted to buff the scratches out, but couldn't. Without any debate, Kim told me Black Widow was ordering us a new fairing from Harley, which may take a few weeks to receive.

I've done my share of bitching and complaining about bad service from many companies in the past. So, I felt compelled to write this Topic and share this positive dealer experience.

To my knowledge there is no Lemon law on used motor vehicles in the state of Florida, no implied warranty and no return policy. Black Widow stepped up to do the right thing for a customer - not because they had to, but because they truly value good customer relationships.

Thank you Kim, Jeff and of course Bert for outstanding customer service.

The following 3 users liked this post by zigzag930:
HMark63 (06-14-2017), Ohiobellboy (05-07-2017), RandyL (05-07-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 10:16 AM
Ohiobellboy
Road Warrior
Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by zigzag930
Two weeks ago I traded my '16 FLTRU for a '15 FLTRUSE. Couldn't resist that gorgeous CVO and got a very nice deal.

The '15 FLTRUSE was out of factory warranty and I chose to hold off on purchasing an aftermarket plan, until I could do some research.

We picked up Lucille (see Cool Hand Luke for explanation) Thursday night, put a few upgrades on her Friday, and Saturday we took off for a weekend trip.

As soon as my wife and I put our 3/4 helmets on - we noticed the intercom would not work and the audio was acting bizarre. So I messed with the radio for about 30 mins, checking all the settings and finally gave up. We rode without the headsets for the weekend.

Tuesday I contacted Kim, in Black Widow's service department. She said if I could get the bike up there before 5:30, they'd look at it same day. So, I brought Lucille in to have her checked out.

When I arrived, Kim had a tech jump right on the problem. He was puzzled with the radio/intercom issue and asked if I could leave the bike with him so he could hook the bike up to Harley and have the factory help diagnose the problem. So I left her and waited for a call the next day.

The next day, Kim called me as promised. Bad news. Or course, when does service ever call with good news? I was advise the Boom radio was defective and would need to be replaced. My suspicious nature, began thinking I'm about to get screwed.

Kim thought the bike was under ESP so the radio repairs would be covered. I explained that I did not have a service contract on Lucille and based on the cost of a new radio, would need to hold off. I politely asked if there was anything she could do to help me out as I just bought the bike there and apparently, unbeknown to me - the radio must have been broken when we bought the bike.

I was shocked with what happened next. Instead of getting pressured by Kim about a service plan, or told sorry you bought the bike as is (which I did), she said "let me see what I can do. I'll call you back in a few minutes". Well she did call back as promised about 30 minutes later to tell me Black Widow was going to replace the radio for me at no cost. I was speechless. Never have I been treated like that by any motor vehicle or boat dealer in my life.

She explained it could be 4-5 days for the radio to arrive from Harley and I'd most likely not get my bike back until the following week. No problem, they are doing me right, so I can wait. Anyway, two days later Lucille is ready to pick up. Wow!

I arrived on Friday and as promised, the new radio had been installed, no charge to me.

Now wait, the story isn't quite over yet.

I was sitting on the bike, still at the dealer, messing with the radio, when my wife walks up. She says what happened to Lucille? I had no idea what she was talking about. Well somehow, the front fairing got a few deep scratches on the left side. I hadn't noticed them, but was pretty diss-appointed when I got off a saw the scratches.

My wife went in to get Kim to come have a look. There was no argument about "the scratches were there already" or "we didn't do it". Service attempted to buff the scratches out, but couldn't. Without any debate, Kim told me Black Widow was ordering us a new fairing from Harley, which may take a few weeks to receive.

I've done my share of bitching and complaining about bad service from many companies in the past. So, I felt compelled to write this Topic and share this positive dealer experience.

To my knowledge there is no Lemon law on used motor vehicles in the state of Florida, no implied warranty and no return policy. Black Widow stepped up to do the right thing for a customer - not because they had to, but because they truly value good customer relationships.

Thank you Kim, Jeff and of course Bert for outstanding customer service.
That's what we like to hear. Great job Black Widow.

Old 05-17-2017, 01:49 AM
Adele
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up I bought 90W Harley Road Glide Daymaker Dual LED headlights on 14% off.

I recently bought 90W Harlet Road Glide Daymaker Dual LED headlights from LED factory mart. It was on 14% off. It was on for 256$ but got em for 218$.

Package was delivered 2 days late but didnt got disappointed at all.
Must try for all those looking to buy quality with a nice price tag ..

https://www.ledfactorymart.com/colle...s-assembly-set

Old 06-01-2017, 05:15 AM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 9,622 Likes on 5,178 Posts

Pigeon Forge Harley.
May 30 0830 in the morning while on vacation. My Oil pressure dropped to Zero on our 2017 RGU. I knew it could not be the oil pump. Headed over to The dealer about 8 miles away.
Soon as I said I was 800 miles from home , they said pull it a round to the shop door.
Got it in right away. Tested it completely replaced the oil pressure sensor. Took care of the warranty paper work. No problem.

Old 06-01-2017, 10:30 AM
bogie
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Place has gone downhill. Worst customer service I've ever seen!

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences