General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GOOD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2019, 11:11 AM
gunslingersnation
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Anyone know a fair dealer in the North Texas area? Getting tired of Adam Smith dealers and his insistence on fee add one. I had one of his people tell me that they couldn't take off the set up fee because it would be descrimonation. Wtf?

Am I wrong that MoCo still pays 3 hours for PDI?

Old 05-02-2019, 02:01 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 556 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by gunslingersnation
Anyone know a fair dealer in the North Texas area? Getting tired of Adam Smith dealers and his insistence on fee add one. I had one of his people tell me that they couldn't take off the set up fee because it would be descrimonation. Wtf?

Do your research on which model you and have an "out the door" (OTD) price you want. If you don't get it, walk.

The following users liked this post:
gscully (05-02-2019)
Old 05-03-2019, 05:48 PM
Malleck
Advanced
Received 42 Likes on 25 Posts

I guess I will add my local dealer to this list. Beach House Harley Davidson in Shallotte, NC.
Every time I have been in there we are always greeted with a smile, everyone is super helpful but never pushy.
When I bought my bike there it was close to closing time. Like 30 minutes before. (We we're just dropping in to look for a minute, not actually planning on buying a bike. Oops. LOL!)
So even though it was almost closing time on a Saturday we were never rushed and they stayed until we we're done.
An awesome dealer for sure!
Anytime I have been back they ask how we are doing and if we are happy with the bike. If they are busy with another customer they will at least wave to me to acknowledge me being there.
Awesome service that goes beyond the norm to me!

Old 05-03-2019, 08:30 PM
AdrianVall
Elite HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BikerNerd66
I work with Jay out of Space Coast Harley Davidson, Palm Bay, Florida.
Even though it's a 45-minute drive for me (I live in Ft. Pierce) I would rather go to
the Space Coast dealer than the Stuart Dealer.

SPACE COAST HARLEY DAVIDSON
I've bought 3 different bikes from Treasure Coast Harley in the last year. All 3 times, I gave Space Coast the opportunity to give me the right deal and all 3 times, they were much higher priced than Treasure Coast. However, my dad recently bought his RG Special from Space Coast as they were giving him a FAR better deal than any dealer in FL. Treasure and Space Coast are owned by the same people so I don't get it? Either way, I've been extremely pleased with Treasure Coast.

Old 05-07-2019, 06:04 AM
cficole
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 503 Likes on 396 Posts

Originally Posted by gunslingersnation

They can list the fee, but take off an equal amount elsewhere, if that's how they want to do it. Ends up the same for a buyer.

H-D pays for setup; if a dealer tries to charge for it, it's BS.

Old 05-07-2019, 01:11 PM
Michael Haz
Cruiser
Received 97 Likes on 34 Posts

Suburban Harley Davidson in Thiensville, Wisconsin (a suburban community north of Milwaukee).

They are a family-owned, single location dealership. Their building isn't a palace, but it's okay for what it is and what they do. Low overhead, customer friendly. They gave me a very good deal on my 2017 FLHTK, invite me to an event every month, and at Christmas gave me a swag bag filled with good stuff.

They just completed the 10,000-mile service on my FLHTK, and the bill for labor and materials (using Syn3) was $97.98. And I got a free wash.

Solid five stars. *****

As a former BMW owner who had to shell out $300+ for similar service on his BMWs - this is awesome.

Last edited by Michael Haz; 05-07-2019 at 01:13 PM.
Old 05-15-2019, 04:33 PM
dannyboy910
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cficole
They can list the fee, but take off an equal amount elsewhere, if that's how they want to do it. Ends up the same for a buyer.

H-D pays for setup; if a dealer tries to charge for it, it's BS.
Really depends on the bike touring is 2 hours everything else is a little over 1 hour

Old 05-18-2019, 08:48 AM
Fatbobby09
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

5th Gear Cycle in Tulsa Oklahoma treated me right. Not a big dealership, not even a Harley Dealership, but I was in and out within 2 hours with a trade in and test ride. Good people to deal with.

Old 05-21-2019, 02:54 PM
fxdup
Road Warrior
Received 950 Likes on 605 Posts

Good peeps. Well stocked boneyard. Lot's and lot's of old school parts.

https://deadpartsmc.com

Old 05-23-2019, 11:10 AM
Oko
Supporter
Received 3,833 Likes on 1,444 Posts
Default Syracuse dealer okay by me!

Just got back this morning from my local Dealer, (Performance HD). I got bit by the dreaded water pump failure on my '16 FLHTK. My ESP from First Extended came through for me. An $800+ bill cost me my $50 deductible. It was purchased from Boardtracker, through Jim Palmer.

There were a few hiccups involving not having a water pump on hand, some miscommunication, but overall my dealer came through and spent most of 45-minutes on the phone working with First Extended. And this was the dealer's first time working with with this ESP. And some of it was meshing the claim & the ESP's payment with the dealer's accounting dept.
They worked hard to get my bike ready, especially after telling them I had a trip to DC planned for the weekend.

Quick Reply: GOOD Dealers and Experiences