General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

BAD Dealers and Experiences

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 02:02 AM
cd680
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

bad experience with hog workz they do not stand behind their lights .....buy elsewhere they are not a good company to deal with

Old 09-25-2019, 07:27 AM
NorthWestern
Club Member
Received 5,573 Likes on 3,053 Posts

Originally Posted by cd680
bad experience with hog workz they do not stand behind their lights .....buy elsewhere they are not a good company to deal with
Please explain. This just looks like another troll post.

Old 10-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Jake Bullock
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael E C
Really incompetent uncaring bunch. Posers. https://www.minutemanharley.com/
Bought $300 in parts, made an appointment for installation, waited 3 weeks, showed up before they were open, service guy says "Oh no, we won't have time for that today."
Took my parts, left, never going back.
agreed I’ve never had a good experience there, I live in Dartmouth and go to ocean state h-d in warwick or Exeter for parts or anything I need. I do all my own services, minutemans shop looks horrid

Old 10-09-2019, 08:09 PM
cd680
Advanced
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by NorthWestern
Please explain. This just looks like another troll post.
Not sure what you mean about a troll post....no explanation needed. The post says it all. Product doesn't fit/work and they won't stand behind it.

The following users liked this post:
lowend73 (05-05-2022)
Old 10-10-2019, 03:51 PM
LTJP805
2nd Gear
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

T-Town Harley Davidson in Cottondale Alabama. Absolutely worthless. Was out about 400 miles from home. 2011 Ultra Classic - front wheel bearing decided to die. Called T-Town since they were only about 20 minutes away. Said they had the bearings and "no problems - we'll work you in and get you taken care of - we usually give out of town people priority". Asked them to be upfront with me - if they would not be able to get to it Friday to please let me know and I would have someone come get me with a trailer and just haul it home. Nope - they assured me they could get on it "probably" Friday. I should have paid more attention to "probably". Had the bike hauled in (Thankful for roadside service and towing on my insurance). This was on a Thursday afternoon - bike checked in about an hour before closing time. Called them Friday afternoon about an hour before their closing time - said they did not get a chance to get a tech on it. The bike sat ALL DAY. Was not thrilled and talked to the service writer - again asked them if they were not able to get to it - I would come get it. Well long story short - bike sat ALL DAY SATURDAY with no service. Saturday afternoon had a very heated conversation with the service writer and told them to leave it the "F" alone and I would come get it in the morning and haul it home. NOW all of a sudden they want to give me priority service. Told them I would be there when they opened to get my ride. Absolute BS. Picked up the bike in the morning and they slid an invoice across the counter for $35ish. Asked them what that was for - They were nice enough to put the bearings in the trunk so I would have them when I was ready for service. As nicely as I could with only a half a dozen adjectives - told the service writer he could either give me a set of bearings for free for the inconvenience for having to find a motel room in Tuscaloosa Alabama on a College football weekend - Thank The Lord it was a low priority home game for Alabama - I would have never found a room. Suggested he could use the bearings for a suppository. Zeroed out the invoice and had my wife come up and we hauled the bike home. If it ever happens again - I will never darken T-Town EVER again - I don't care if I break down right in front of their shop - I'll sit on the side of the road for as long as it takes for someone to come get me.

The following 3 users liked this post by LTJP805:
Bama Lee (10-12-2019), fxdup (10-18-2019), msetzerii (10-10-2019)
Old 11-01-2019, 10:09 PM
EddieBrock
Cruiser
Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Harley Davidson of Louisville:

I bought my FXDLS new at Harley of Louisville. So months back I posted about my black heat shield on my Vance and Hines exhaust. This exhaust came new on my bike as I had Harley of Louisville put it on before taking delivery. I thought it to be oil spatter but Harley told me it looked like it was coming from underneath. They said they would see what they could do to get me a replacement as it had not been two years.

For months and months they gave me the runaround. I had my service done recently and while out riding I noticed oil on my pant leg. I rode it up to the dealer, showed them my pants leg and they checked the oil level.. Of course the oil was overfilled.

They drain some out and as I walk back to get on my bike I noticed my filter was dented as they took it off and cleaned it. I said something to the three guys standing there and they acted like a deer in headlights. I said my exhaust is already ruined from this oil spatter and they proceeded to tell me how hard it is for oil to come out of the intake. I said well it may be hard but it obviously just did as you cleaned oil out of my intake. They still said they would talk to Vance and Hines about getting me a shield but totally ignored the dented filter issue.

So a few weeks go by and nothing. I leave them a message and nothing. I end up contacting Vance and Hines myself and wouldn’t you know they were nice enough to replace the heat shield after I sent pictures, a receipt pic and told them the story.

While waiting for my heat shield I noticed during cleaning that my battery cover had rust on the bottom of it. I took it off and it has some rust on the inside and I took it up to Harley. Of course I missed my two year mark by about two weeks and they said there was nothing they could do. I said well it was obviously rusting before the two years was up on my warranty and I thought maybe there was something you could do.

So for now on I believe it’s on to another dealer whenever I need parts and service. I don’t know why simple things have to be so difficult. The funny thing is they just called me today from a message I left last week and said they were still working on getting me a replacement shield. Don’t worry I got it!

Last edited by EddieBrock; 11-01-2019 at 10:13 PM.
Old 11-02-2019, 04:13 AM
Truble
Tourer
Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

It’s really a shame when a dealership acts that way. Some of those dealerships promise you the world and talk about their great Hog membership and all the friends that you’re now acquiring. Knowing you have a legitimate complaint they wash their hands of you, I’m sure glad I’ve got a good dealership to work with here in Tuscaloosa.

Old 11-02-2019, 06:10 AM
tmac00333
Grand HDF Member
Received 1,749 Likes on 1,133 Posts

Originally Posted by EddieBrock
Harley Davidson of Louisville:
So for now on I believe it’s on to another dealer whenever I need parts and service. I don’t know why simple things have to be so difficult. The funny thing is they just called me today from a message I left last week and said they were still working on getting me a replacement shield. Don’t worry I got it!
In my experience, there are a lot of people working at Harley Davidson dealerships that don't much much about Harley Davidsons.

Old 11-15-2019, 12:48 PM
wizardfitznq
Cruiser
Received 48 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Thumbs down for Custom Dynamics customer support.

I have several of their products. The amber ringz front turn signal, the fillerz, the brake and tour pack magic strobe. So I purchased their saddle bag pro beans.i installed following the directions they looked good for 2 days. I came out to the bike Monday morning to find one light had sagged down. It's now at an angle.
I called CD and sent pictures. I was told that they would send out new 3m tape if I covered the $6 shipping. W T H , I spend $209 on the lights and the tape let's loose and I have to pay shipping. I said keep it, I'll run to auto zone
That's the last dime they get from me.

Old 11-15-2019, 01:18 PM
Labrador
Road Master
Received 503 Likes on 260 Posts

Although I have yet to call their customer support, I have many of their products on my bike and they are of high quality and I am very satisfied with them. I am sure that they don't make the 3M tape that fail you so I would not blame them for that fail. Two-sided tape failure can happen for a number of reasons, one of them being not preparing the bike surface properly. Any wax or silicone residue on the bike will make any tape fail. I suggest a deglosser or even alcohol to prepare the bags if you didn't the first time. This will give you better odds that the tape that you put on there stays on.

Could they have sent you replacement tape for free? I guess.

Quick Reply: BAD Dealers and Experiences