General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

300 posts! What I've learned

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2006, 04:42 PM
vernh59
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 300 posts! What I've learned

Time flies when your having fun. I just realised that I went over 300 posts so I thought I would share somethings I have learned since I have been here.
The people on the Forum are awesome. Some are opinionated, some are quiet, some are not. All are willing to help wherever they can.
You don't know what oil I should use but you are SURE what oil you should use.
You don't know when I should change my oil but you are SURE when you should change your oil.
Skip spends too much time with oil. (thanks Skip)
Some folks have a little knowledge and are willing to share. Some have alot of knowledge and are reserved. Some have alot of knowledge and spend a great deal of time sharing it. They are frequently in the tech section providing thorough, comprehensive answers to questions they have probably heard a hundred times and for that I am especially greatful.
Some of us know how to do a little. Some can do alot. We all have some place where we can learn to do anything.
I have probably learned more about my RK since I have been here than in ten years of ownership allthough I am looking forward to the next ten years. I have also learned alot about myself and that we are not that different no matter where we come from.
The list could get long so I will stop here. All in all it's been a great ride. Thanks to everyone on the Forum for being here. See you down the road.[&:]

Old 02-04-2006, 07:36 PM
HDF Tech
Banned
Received 148 Likes on 41 Posts
Default RE: 300 posts! What I've learned

I'm glad to hear you have picked up a few pointers on how to work on your bike here. We have a great bunch here for the most part and any problem you could have will usually be dealt with by someone here at one point or another.

Good luck in the future.

Old 02-04-2006, 07:39 PM
HeatherC
Extreme HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Congrats!

Old 02-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: vernh59

Time flies when your having fun. I just realised that I went over 300 posts so I thought I would share somethings I have learned since I have been here. <skip>
Some folks have a little knowledge and are willing to share. Some have alot of knowledge and are reserved. Some have alot of knowledge and spend a great deal of time sharing it. They are frequently in the tech section providing thorough, comprehensive answers to questions they have probably heard a hundred times and for that I am especially greatful.
See you down the road.[&:]
My exact same sentiments, Vern. I couldn't have said it better. I help when I can be useful, but fall into your category of reserved. I have a lot of longtime knowledge, but, I don't like to debate the strong opinions of some. At the same time, I thoroughly enjoy reading it all. "See you on the road"[sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Old 02-04-2006, 08:07 PM
ladyglide
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hear,hear!! it sure is fun to learn, and socialize, here with fellow riders.

Old 02-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Kess
Outstanding HDF Member

Well written Vern - Our Mod's and are Admin(S) are the best and this place simply rocks! Oh - By the way the only reason Skip has all that time for oil is that he doesn't have much chrome to polish!

Old 02-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Terry TK
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 154 Likes on 52 Posts

Thank you for the nice words.

Old 02-05-2006, 12:03 AM
Flying Pilgrim
Road Master

Amen. Cheers [sm=icon_cheers.gif] to all of you that have helped educate those of us with less experience (TC, awesome help!), and also thanks to those of you that are just fun to chat with.[sm=icon_blah.gif] Good people here!

Old 02-05-2006, 01:34 AM
Harley Al
Road Captain

Vern...with a name like that, I knew you had to be from Alabamer all in fun as you well know!

And your right! This is the best forum on are love of life, Meaning HD...forget the Women

Ride Safe!

Old 02-05-2006, 07:48 AM
Pavetack
Cruiser

I always look forward to reading the new posts. I've learned so much from this forum...Thanks!

Quick Reply: 300 posts! What I've learned