General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is funny - Newnan, GA Finally has a Bike Night

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 08:39 PM
kudzu35
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: This is funny - Newnan, GA Finally has a Bike Night

How inconsiderate!!!

Bahh! Sweet thing Dixie. Just hope they don't ask me to lead anything... All I know is 85 North and 85 South.

Old 04-04-2008, 08:44 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL! You definitely need to get out more then Joe. Come on up on Wednesday as we're definitely going to try to be there. Even if I don't make it I'm sure enough locals will show that a decent ride can be had.

BTW, the ride group we ride with is headed to Pine Mountain the weekend of the 12th and 13th. Going to start out at Great South in Newnan, head to Warm Springs and have lunch at the Bulloch house. Then ride across Pine Moutain and back through Hamilton, LaGrange and Grantville if you can/want to make it out for that.

Old 04-04-2008, 10:01 AM
2007fxdc
Elite HDF Member

Okay, this thread is starting to make me miss GA and I don't even remember living there. I've always had family there in Carrollton though and used to visit every summer so I'm well familiar with Red Clay and Kudzu. Even went to high school there for a couple of months. Born in Vidalia though. You think Newnan is a small town, you should visit where I live in NC. Bike night here? Fuggedaboutit!

Old 04-04-2008, 10:04 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Newnan didn't have one either until just recently, so we're very pleased for one to have finally gotten going so I do understand your frustration.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:37 AM
kudzu35
Road Master

You have no idea...but the Army keeps us locked up pretty tight during the week then its single dad time. I've been up to Warm Springs before and its nice to ride through. I'll be there on Wednesday if I'm feeling better from the burn... or just say screw it and go anyway/

ORIGINAL: GAGirl

LOL! You definitely need to get out more then Joe. Come on up on Wednesday as we're definitely going to try to be there. Even if I don't make it I'm sure enough locals will show that a decent ride can be had.

BTW, the ride group we ride with is headed to Pine Mountain the weekend of the 12th and 13th. Going to start out at Great South in Newnan, head to Warm Springs and have lunch at the Bulloch house. Then ride across Pine Moutain and back through Hamilton, LaGrange and Grantville if you can/want to make it out for that.

Old 04-07-2008, 12:05 PM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

Joe, I don't think I am going to make it this week. My husband is going to be out of town Tues-Thurs. and it's time for a little mother/daughter time at my house. But we'll definitely be there next Wed. (the 16th) if you want to make it then. As an aside, the great group of guys and gals we regularly ride with are coming down to the South Side for a change on Sunday, 4/13 and we're heading to Warm Springs to eat and then on across Pine Mountain. You, Greg, and anyone else that cares to come along are more than welcome. We're meeting up at Great South HD about 10:00 a.m.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:52 PM
DesertSpeed
Account Suspended
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: GAGirl
Yes Cody, how inconsiderate of me not to have sent personal PMs to all of you locals! What was thinking!?[8D]

Seriously check it out sometime. Of course, there's Quaker Steak in Douglasville for you to check out too.
Being relatively new to the area, we're still learning the lay out. We're always looking for other couples to ride with.My wife usually feels out of place with the other V-rodders because most of them ride solo.

Old 04-08-2008, 10:03 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

So Cody if I follow you right, you are riding two up on the V-rod? Couldn't care less here. Most of us ride solo too as I ride my own ride as does Michele, the friend of mine I mentioned. However, several of the guys in our ride group regularly have their wives or girlfriends along as passengers.

Hopefully we'll see some of you next week on the 16th around 6-6:30P.

Old 04-12-2008, 10:02 AM
HGM
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Karen, I just noticed that they have a bike show in LaGrange Sunday afternoon. That may be something to check out on your ride..
Bike show.

Doesnt look like I'll make it as I'll be gearing up for my 30*F ride to Talledega Monday morning and getting a few things done here before I leave. Hope it turns out to be a good ride for you guys..

Old 04-12-2008, 10:47 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

No Greg, we bagged it. Only supposed to be 54 tomorrow and that's just too cold for me to be in the wind. Have a good trip to Talledega. I did point out to Joe that LaGrange has a bike night on Thursdays at Dragon Cycles.

Quick Reply: This is funny - Newnan, GA Finally has a Bike Night