General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Recommended Dealers in Chicago Area

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 12:49 AM
R1Geezrglide
Road Warrior
Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Recommended Dealers in Chicago Area

Chicago HD is the best. Several of my friends have bought there (Marty) and no one else could/would touch their price. For a GW, try Chicago Cycle Center.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:21 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

CITY LIMITS.... CHICAGO HD will get you a great price but do not let their service guys TOUCH your bike! they charged me for a ton of crap then never instlled it, gave me empty boxes.... guess they did not think i would check! well i did... City limits is the sPot to go! great service dept and parts... i own a custom bike company and I go there on occasion of parts and to BS wiht the guys in the service dept... good guys very honest

Old 05-22-2008, 12:35 PM
tchaffin
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm a fan of Heritage HD in Lisle. Always helpful.

-Tom

Old 05-22-2008, 01:44 PM
Donny
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been to them all. I bought my 05 sporty at Zylstra, before they moved. Will never buy from them again, but their service guys are great.Bought my Street Bob from Woodstock HD, and they were the coolest, and gave me the best deal. I wasn't impressed with their service, though.Heritage is down the street from my friend's house, and every time I go in there, they treat me like I'm gonna heist the place, and run off with their ol' lady. I guessit's more of a yuppy place. I won't even walk into the showroom anymore, because of it. Their service guys seem real cool, and helpful. Always willing to answer questions.
Chi-Town HDisGREAT for service, but Iwas invisible in the showroom.

Old 05-22-2008, 02:30 PM
chiabate
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Heritage has probably gone through more changes than any other store in Chicagoland. I can't speak for Lee, just seems everybody jumped ship after Big Dave retired. His son is now at Wildfire, DJ Dave is at the new Conrad's, I haven't been there in a long time to know if Terry jumped ship or not. Again, my motivation is being taken care of in service, Illinois doesn't disappoint.

Old 05-23-2008, 09:22 PM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well first I want to say a big thanks for all the feedback I have gotten. I did go and meet Marty at Chicago HD and while he did offer me a good deal it just was not sweet enough with the new models just a month or so away.

Today I picked up the last check from the house I had built and sold last year and for the heck of it I stopped into Illinois HD. Bob was there and remembered who I was and promised to give me a great deal. They had the basic bike I wanted, except it had ABS which was an option I really was not looking for. Anyhow he ended up working a deal that I just could not say no to.I discussed it with my financial advisor ( spelled WIFE ) and we decided to go for it.

Now not only did he give me a great price, but since they are gone all weekend to the Springfield Mile, he had his guys unwrap the bike and set it up so I could bring it home tonight.

Out in the garage sits a brand new 2008 HD ElectraGlide Ultra w/ABS in Dark Blue Pearl which had a total of 2 miles on it when I drove it out of the lot. Speaking of that, what a scream. So here I am with this brand new scooter, having not really been on a bike in 15 years, and of course there are a dozen or so guys standing around watching me as I pull away. Talk about a pucker moment, all I prayed for was that I would not stall it out in front of these guys. As it was as soon as that motor fired it was like being home again.

I will post up some pics tomorrow, right now I have to make my missus happy any way she wants, lol.

-Harry

Old 05-23-2008, 09:52 PM
msh134
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i now live in az but purchased all my bikes from mchenry hd in mchenry il. 815-344-9300 best deals in town