General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rode A Buell....Almost Died lol

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 09:09 PM
laytonj1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Rode A Buell....Almost Died lol

Some sports bike riders don't even use their rear brake. Imagine how they feel getting on a Hog and squeezing the one front brake on most of our models. I bet it feels similar to what you described.. hehehe
True... I love my Super Glide but compared to my Hayabusa, the brakes are lacking. So I just don't ride as fast.

Jim

[IMG]local://upfiles/60257/9E47A7BFCDBE4838B8BACF8DCAD96E09.jpg[/IMG]

Old 05-22-2008, 09:12 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I bought a brand new 1996 Buell S2T(orange/black with a white stripe down the middle. Kept it for 11 years and loved it alot. Wish I still had her. Had to go along with 1963 pan rigid to purchase my Ultra w/ Sidecar. 4 bikes is too much to keep up with and ride.

For methe buell handle barsfelt more like being on aHD with drag bars

Old 05-22-2008, 09:46 PM
guitarman777
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71

Only "sport bike" I ever rode was a Suzuki Katana 750. Damn thing will scare the sh*t right out of ya if ya aren't used to it. I hated the fact that all the weight was on my wrists. Swore right then I'd never own one.
That's the exact issue I'm having with the Honda CBR 600 I'm borrowing while my wife's car's in the shop. My hands get numb so easily if I don't consciously keep myself from leaning on them.

Old 05-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Wcross
Tourer

I had an S3T that had a riding position not far off of that of a sportster. Great bike but I always ended up speeding no matter where I was going or how far. Wiped out on a curve (hit some hydralic oil/fluid-something left by the local trash hauler.), fixed her back up (Along with a collasped lung, blown shoulder, snapped ribs, etc.) rode it some more then sold it as I had too many irons in the fire and not enough time in the saddle. I wouldn't mind stuffing a new Lightning in the corner of the garage.

Old 05-22-2008, 10:01 PM
dastark
Road Master

Well..I'm finally used to my Kaw. 14. But it took a bit. Now it's good,crazy fun! The wierd thing is doing a couple hours on the Ninja, then jumping on the Fatboy. There's nothing like a cruiser for relaxing. And nothing like a rocket for everything else.

Old 05-23-2008, 01:59 AM
Lincoln33
Outstanding HDF Member

I cant help but wonder if your buddy wasted the brakes doing stoppies and other stunts ormaybe the bike needed new brake pads. I've never been on a Buell but most of the sport bikes I've been on had good brake systems.

Old 05-23-2008, 06:59 AM
Idiot
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: jskelington

Leave that sh*t to the kids man......
[sm=exactly.gif]

Old 05-23-2008, 07:07 AM
FastGuyTim
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: DannyZ71

Only "sport bike" I ever rode was a Suzuki Katana 750. Damn thing will scare the sh*t right out of ya if ya aren't used to it. I hated the fact that all the weight was on my wrists. Swore right then I'd never own one.
I raced crotch rockets...They can be tricky for some H-D riders. I love both styles of bike:-) I have seen many H-D riders get on rockets and twist the rist toooo fast and get into trouble.

Be Safe!!!

Old 05-23-2008, 07:15 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

I never use the rear brake on my ZX12R or ZX14, don't need either the fronts are that good.......Are Buells considered sportbikes now ??

Old 05-23-2008, 09:36 AM
Utah05NT
Novice

A co-worker has a Buell, just took it for a ride Monday. I agree about the feeling like you are up over the handlebars, but those bikes have tons of stopping power. Also, the bike is extremely well balanced. As I came to a stop, I felt like I could balance without even putting a foot down. Not sure which model his is, but it's the one that has the fluids in the frame and swingarm, and the exhaust runs under the frame, so the center of gravity is extremely low. A fun bike, but not something I would want to ride every day.

Quick Reply: Rode A Buell....Almost Died lol