General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Motorcycle Patches

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2011, 02:50 PM
ken thompson
The Schlong Man
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BearNVa
Why would I have to back up anything??? Some people make it seem like we are living in the wild west...
Because while bikers lilke to pretend they are mean and tough they are an emotional bunch and easily get their feelings hurt. When this happens they often lash out with physical violence due to their inability to compete intellectually.

Last edited by ken thompson; 07-12-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Ed Vanharley
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rent the movie "Office Space" Jennifer Aniston works at a theme restaurant called Chotchke's, which is in the same office park as the huge, soulless software corporation where the protagonists of the movie are employed. The restaurant is a nightmare of perkiness.Employees are dressed in uniforms loaded down with cute buttons that flash and twinkle and say things like "We're Not in Kansas Anymore" and give the illusion of individuality in an entirely programmed way.
The buttons are called "flair." Each employee is required to wear "15 pieces of flair." Aniston wears 15 pieces of flair, and is berated (in the modern, passive-aggressive style of berating) by her manager for wearing only 15 pieces of flair. Wear as much "Flair as ya Want!

Old 07-12-2011, 06:19 PM
Glider rider
Tourer

Why would I have to back up anything??? Some people make it seem like we are living in the wild west...
Da Gumpmiester and Brenn have advice you could use to avoid a problem.

Old 07-12-2011, 06:36 PM
Glider rider
Tourer

Originally Posted by ken thompson
Because while bikers lilke to pretend they are mean and tough they are an emotional bunch and easily get their feelings hurt. When this happens they often lash out with physical violence due to their inability to compete intellectually.
Stay on your Island pissed you missed your chance at the lead in Hogs Gone Wild.

Old 07-12-2011, 08:15 PM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 308 Likes on 179 Posts

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 07-12-2011 at 08:54 PM.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:32 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by piasspj
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZio278IKGI

Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Then Came Bronson
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,909 Likes on 730 Posts

Wow it seems like if I buy a vest and buy patches... I should be able to wear them any way I want... this stuff is too funny. I'm sorry but when someone else pays for my vest and patches then they can tell me how to wear my clothes...
That's all fine and dandy Bear...if you're talking about an American flag patch, or a "support our troops" patch, or your HD emblem patch.

The rules change dramatically when you're talking about a 3 piece patch on the back of your cut. You're entering a different world here...one that doesn't particularly give a **** about what you think your rights are.

You need to understand that if you disrespect someones colors, or just decide on a whim to wear a territorial (state) bottom rocker, you will be dealt with. This isn't funny, nor is it a joking matter.

If you decide to go ahead and "wear anything you want," because it's your right as an American, you should prepare yourself for the possibility of an up close and personal meeting with a random biker. If by chance some 1%er challenges you, and tells you to hand over your cut, I highly suggest that you apologize for your ignorance, and comply with his request for your own health and welfare.

Old 07-13-2011, 12:03 AM
Mntsnow
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Also just to clarify on flag patches.....It does not matter which side of the vest it is placed as long as the proper flag orientation is dealt with... A simple way to remember which direction a flag patch goes is the field of blue & stars is closest to the heart with the stripes heading towards the outside of the body....
Example.
Right side placement
http://www.legendaryusa.com/Right_Fa.../rightflag.htm

Left side placement
http://www.legendaryusa.com/American...p/leftflag.htm
(most commonly seen but is not the only proper way when using the correct patch as shown above)

Old 07-13-2011, 05:56 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Then do as you please. Apparently you live in the world of make-believe, where it's all kittens and fairies. Even you can't seriously be that naive. Maybe you could get one like this, and then tell peple who object that you paid for it and it's your right:

Last edited by brenn; 07-13-2011 at 05:58 AM.
Old 07-13-2011, 06:01 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ken thompson
I'm laughing because I imagine you trying to explain this to people who are stomping you...maybe with a lisp. "hey, stop that, you guys are just lashing out emotionally because you can't compete intellectually."

Quick Reply: Motorcycle Patches