General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weatherford texas

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 07:52 PM
straydog13
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 146 Likes on 96 Posts
Default weatherford texas

anyone from weatherford texas or knows of a good way around this place.i just rode up to west ft worth and its a nice ride but i sure wish i had a way around weatherford.i am looking for a north/south route.--thanks in advance.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:44 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry I can't help you with your question, but you're smart to be asking it.

My wife and I passed through Weatherford earlier this summer going south on our way to Waco. We swung west off I35 at Gainesville to avoid I35W through Ft. Worth. Ran into a dandy traffic jam at 100 degrees in Weatherford caused by a completely wacko traffic pattern around the courthouse square. I thought the motor was going to overheat. Next time we will just go through Ft. Worth.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:27 PM
PSO169
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Straydog13
Where are you trying to get. We would ride from the mid cities on some early sunday breakfast rides and head back on Highway 51 and end up in the Springtown/Azle area. 51 is a nice ride from Weatherford.

I am from the North Ft.Worth area around Alliance airport area.

Jeff

Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 PM
JKK
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not a way around Weatherford but you gotta go west to Palo Pinto and take Hwy 4 south, nice view and a few nice twisties.

Weatherford (and its traffic) $uckS too many yuppies

Old 08-15-2008, 12:36 AM
Tralfaz
Road Master

Heh, I thought it was just a bad day for me. A friend and I rode to Hico the long way from Plano (through Denton, Decatur, then down through Weatherford). Between that courthouse loop and the entrance to 20 we were jammed up for quite a while. Makes me tempted to just take 35W through Ft. Worth then 67 over to that area the next time I do it. I usually try to avoid major highways, but backed up traffic is worse.

Old 08-15-2008, 01:50 AM
Devil Dog
Tourer
Default Weatherford

I was in Weatherford in June on my way to Sherman for a reunion. Dropped the SG after riding from El Paso that day. Slipped on the cobblestones around the courthouse. Picked it up by myself (thanks Ride Like a Pro) and leaned over to put the jiffy stand up and dropped it again. Couldn't get my leg to cooperate that time. Had help from a hefty looking guy wearing a HD vest. Think he was in a pickup but who cares! Got it picked up, leaned over to put the jiffy stand up and guess what???? Slipped on the cobblestones again. This time it would not start. Waited for five minutes and it started. Got the heck out of there with my embarassed self! Watch out for that courthouse. If you stop in Weatherford there is a BBQ place called Baker's Ribs. It was pretty tasty chow! Right across from WalMart, I think.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:12 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya I live in Rhome (287 and 114) I would NEVER go through Weatherford.
I just bought some land in Hico, So I take 287 to 35 out 820 to 30.
I could go right through Weatherford but....

Yep they need to make 51 go OVER that town.
Just a matter of time I guess.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:18 AM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, their gas was 10 cents a gallon higher than anywhere else along the route. Somebody ought to forward this thread to the Weatherford Chamber of Commerce.

Old 08-15-2008, 05:18 PM
learfxr
Tourer

We live on the west side of Weatherford. Everyone wants to move out here now. Stay away from 51, also known as South Main. They are building more stores and banks over there and the streets are tiny. We do our best to avoid certain parts of town and learn some of the side streets to jump over to in an attempt to get away from it all.

Old 08-15-2008, 07:45 PM
danielo
Elite HDF Member

He wants a n/s route but which way is he going north or south.I know the area well.Lived in Hico for 7 years,and North Richland Hills 40 years before that.

Quick Reply: weatherford texas