General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lets call more rice burners names!

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 10:49 PM
CopperGlide
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Lets call more rice burners names!

Here is an interesting article about Suzuki pulling out of the US.

-----------------
Suzuki to suspend motorcycle sales in U.S.

According to British MCN and other European sources Suzuki Motors has decided to suspend motorcycle sales in the U.S. Citing the succcess of their automotive product line, increased gasoline prices and increasing anti motorcycle legislation coupled with the high engineering cost of keeping the GSXR line up at the forefront "we've decided to re-focus our efforts in the North American marketplace" says Yoshi Toronaga, Director of North American Sales. Though Suzuki has generaly done well, "we can not afford to expand our Automotive line and Motorcycle line," says Todao Baba, plus it was reported that the Americans referred to GSXR's and sport bikes in general as "crotch-rockets" a popular line of sex toys in Japan..Says Baba-San " we spend millions of Yen per year to give you the best engineering and performance we can at a competitive price and you call our bikes *****"s...???? I don't think so..! " "After current inventories are sold, all Suzuki Motorcycle dealerships will be converted to Automobile showrooms featuring our fine line of economical and reliable motorcars" says Toronaga-San....

Old 08-14-2008, 10:56 PM
Y2K
Stellar HDF Member
Received 3,197 Likes on 1,344 Posts

That's got to be BS,what was the source?

Old 08-14-2008, 10:57 PM
Erdnase
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They got Bigfoot in a freezer in GA too!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:07 PM
doc_cj
Road Warrior

I don't know about this one ... give us a legit website/news source and maybe I'll bite. If you're talking about the Motorcycle News (http://www.motorcyclenews.com then let me know where you found that article ... I just did a search on their site and couldn't find anything about Suzuki shutting down.

Suzuki has one of the top selling off road lineups available, and their cruiser models set new sales records for the last 2 years ... so it seems unlikely they'd close down the whole motorcycle lineup in the US.

I'll be interested to see where this goes ...

Old 08-14-2008, 11:12 PM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm??????? Is that Troll I smell?

Old 08-14-2008, 11:15 PM
CopperGlide
Intermediate

Don't know where the it actually came from, Just thought the "Crotch-Rocket, ***** thing" was a good analogy!

Sorry if I actually scared anybody...

Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Ya sounds fishy to me... hell if they're worried about fuel prices drop making cars and increase the bike production!

Old 08-14-2008, 11:17 PM
atomic
Road Warrior

Yeah this is total BS. How could they convert the Motorcycle show rooms to car dealerships. I don't know of too many motorcycle dealerships that only cell Suzukis and most motorcycle dealerships are way to small to sell cars. And why would they care what you call their motorcycles as long as you were buying them.

Also, if Suzuki sells sport bikes in Europe and elsewhere they still have to come with the R&D costs. The only time they will leave the market is when the dollar is worth so little that we can't afford their bikes anymore.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 PM
Bluesssman
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by CopperGlide
Here is an interesting article about Suzuki pulling out of the US.

-----------------
Suzuki to suspend motorcycle sales in U.S.

According to British MCN and other European sources Suzuki Motors has decided to suspend motorcycle sales in the U.S. Citing the succcess of their automotive product line, increased gasoline prices and increasing anti motorcycle legislation coupled with the high engineering cost of keeping the GSXR line up at the forefront "we've decided to re-focus our efforts in the North American marketplace" says Yoshi Toronaga, Director of North American Sales. Though Suzuki has generaly done well, "we can not afford to expand our Automotive line and Motorcycle line," says Todao Baba, plus it was reported that the Americans referred to GSXR's and sport bikes in general as "crotch-rockets" a popular line of sex toys in Japan..Says Baba-San " we spend millions of Yen per year to give you the best engineering and performance we can at a competitive price and you call our bikes *****"s...???? I don't think so..! " "After current inventories are sold, all Suzuki Motorcycle dealerships will be converted to Automobile showrooms featuring our fine line of economical and reliable motorcars" says Toronaga-San....
Good try, pure BS. As Suzuki has stated, America is it's largest market. You do not close your largest market.

Old 08-15-2008, 06:20 AM
Ole Coyote
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Won't bother me a bit, but it would really **** off my son and son-in-law. But I think it's a BS story.

Quick Reply: Lets call more rice burners names!