General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crotchrocket Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 10:41 PM
kered
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

o no i wasnt implying anyone in this thread was stereotyping i was just stating my frustration at the majority of non riders that do...and at the idiots that ride like that

Old 08-25-2008, 10:59 PM
bowtieman427
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kered
o no i wasnt implying anyone in this thread was stereotyping i was just stating my frustration at the majority of non riders that do...and at the idiots that ride like that
I hear you. I hate the bad attitudes some people have on people who ride bikes. The stereo type thing is getting old of non riders. I had a similar stituation happen in MN of Hwy 60 I was riding and got blown away by abput 10 sportbikes it happens and they are crazy. There are a lot of them even ones that I have as friends that save that kind of riding for the track. There was a guy they caught on Hwy 61 doing close to 200MPH and it is things like that that make the news and the stereo typing begins. The part I do not like in this situation is non of his riding buddies stopped. What a bunch of idiots.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:05 PM
JB
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by kered
harley guys have the idiots that think harley riders are inferior in every way, wont ride with metrics, and look down on people that ride metrics because its not "a real bike"...you guys have to put up with that and the negative connotations from that...this is what i have to put up with...people that dont understand the streets are not a racetrack...theres nothing i hate more than sportbike riders doing wheelies on the interstate or riding wayy over their head on the streets...most people that see me on a sportbike immediately give me a bad name because of them...automatically stereotyping all sportbikers into crazy testosterone driven idiots
We had one here yesterday, a 21 year old kid with more ball's then brains. Ive heard he was a good kid but he was out playing Randy Road Racer, took a corner to hot and couldn't keep it in his lane crossed in to the oncoming lane and took out two Amish family's in a horse drawn wagon injuring 11 people. 8 of the 11 were listed with non life threatening injuries but the others were busted up pretty bad from what Ive heard.

Old 08-25-2008, 11:38 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,534 Likes on 12,946 Posts

SO,you've got these AMISH people trying to live plain simple lives and not bothering a soul and now their lives are shattered by a guy trying to emulate the journalists in motorcycle magazines.I can't even think of anything else to say right now.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:25 AM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My point wasn't to stir up negative feelings towards sport-riders, my Fatboy puts out at least 100HP and it's torqued out (570g cams etc.) and ocassionally, I like to let it rip too... my point was their choice of place to do it and their obvious lack of care. These guys were wizzing by less than a second apart from each other. If they all had of been riding Harleys, I would have been even more pissed! (likely never happen though)
The main thing is... you never know what's coming around the next corner... like almost everyone on this forum, the only thing I could hear was the beautiful rummble of my own pipes. No warnings... actually, I didn't even have time to be scared. 2 seconds later and that guy would have bent my bike in half... or worse... scratched the paint!
P.S. That really bites about the Amish.

Last edited by Chubby; 08-26-2008 at 12:27 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

dude, trash talk bikers, but don't talk nice about amish. they're all sheltered serial rapists and inbred tax cheats. and they all have generators in their barns. simple folk my ***. they're trash. give them the finger and ask them where their helmet is.

Old 08-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Chubby
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Certainteed
dude, trash talk bikers, but don't talk nice about amish. they're all sheltered serial rapists and inbred tax cheats. and they all have generators in their barns. simple folk my ***. they're trash. give them the finger and ask them where their helmet is.
No way man... I seen that movie with Harrison Ford and the Amish wench was hot! And they didn't have a generator.

Last edited by Chubby; 08-26-2008 at 01:18 AM.
Old 08-26-2008, 01:03 AM
murd
Road Warrior

I just posted a thread about safe riding and here I am in this one, obviously about respect on the road. Fly if you must, but around that awesome twist may be a slower or "get this" a group within the speed limit, Get with the program and back the duck off. Maybe we need more local race tracks so guys can bring their skill to the track instead of down the street where our kids may be learning to drive.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:20 AM
Chubby
Road Captain

+1 murd... my seven year old daughter was killed at the end of my driveway by an old lady driving a cage... doesn't matter what you're driving... drive safe.

Old 08-26-2008, 01:43 AM
murd
Road Warrior

Chubby, so sorry to hear that man! Your right, it really doesn't matter, some folk need to take transit. My father-in-law is getting on and as far as I can see, needs to pack in the driving. Reaction time and motor skills are dwindling away and he really needs to consider giving it up. I'm Canadian, so I don't know what your laws are like, but ours need to be re-evaluated and re-testing needs to be considered. Get the whack jobs off our roads!

Quick Reply: Crotchrocket Nightmare