General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crotchrocket Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 08:20 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Crotchrocket Nightmare

The wife and I are out for a sunny cruise up hwy 47 in Muskoka Canada... what a nice cruising road! Really winding and beautiful... they call it a highway but it's more like a paved country road in europe or something... cruising at about 45 MPH... slung back and feeling good. All of a sudden some guy comes around the corner I'm about to engage and he's moving.. crotchrocket... he gives me a fist up and I can see he's pumpin' adreneline, then another crotchrocket and another... they're flyin'... I'm approaching the corner and the forth crotchrocket can't make the corner, he swings wide and it looks like he's gonna' fly into us, so I lock up the ride... he sees us and tries to swing wider (in my lane), then he hits the dirt and looses control.... total wipeout. About 15 more crotch rockets come flyin' around the corner and all I can think is one of these guys are gonna' hit us... their buddy is mapped out on the ground and they are flyin' so fast they drive right by him... so I stop and check the guy out... think his collar bone was busted... he's hurt. The crotch rokets keep comin'... friggin' flyin', I had to wave them down to get them to help their buddy.
I was even worried someone else would loose the corner and hit their buddy or our bikes.
Not cool!
I thank God no-one died.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:24 PM
White-Trash
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Idiots.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:31 PM
VA Biker
Tourer

Between guys like that and the morons that ride drunk ,no wonder motorcycle fatalities are up. They make the numbers high and it seems like bikes are death traps ,(they are if your one of them) .

Old 08-25-2008, 08:36 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

They are dumbasses. Sounds like a pack of dogs.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:37 PM
fishheadsaid
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I wonder how long he would have lain there if you hadn't stopped?

Old 08-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Chubby
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pack of dogs was a pretty good discription... rabid.
Just goes to show... even when you're slung back... keep at least one eye on the road... that could have been a 20 bike pile up in a matter of seconds.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:32 PM
bandit31
Cruiser

Glad you and your wife didn't get hurt in the ordeal. Sounds like it could have been much much worse.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:42 PM
tmf2
Cruiser

Wife and I on our scoots enjoying the scenery on a road trip riding the Beartooth in MT this summer when a pack of metric racers blew by us on the switch backs.......all I can think of was "been riding over 35 years wonder if they'll make it as long".

Old 08-25-2008, 10:26 PM
kered
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

harley guys have the idiots that think harley riders are inferior in every way, wont ride with metrics, and look down on people that ride metrics because its not "a real bike"...you guys have to put up with that and the negative connotations from that...this is what i have to put up with...people that dont understand the streets are not a racetrack...theres nothing i hate more than sportbike riders doing wheelies on the interstate or riding wayy over their head on the streets...most people that see me on a sportbike immediately give me a bad name because of them...automatically stereotyping all sportbikers into crazy testosterone driven idiots

Old 08-25-2008, 10:37 PM
dex0807
Cruiser

I don't think sportbike riders are idiots, just the ones that endanger others by not obeying the rules of the road. My mother rode a stretched and slammed jixxer for almost ten years.. on the drag strip. Horsepower for the strip, Harley for the road. Don't need all that power on the street.

Quick Reply: Crotchrocket Nightmare