Harley Davidson Forums

Harley Davidson Forums (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/)
-   General Harley Davidson Chat (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat-29/)
-   -   bad experience on the road (https://www.hdforums.com/forum/general-harley-davidson-chat/275464-bad-experience-on-the-road.html)

brenn 09-09-2008 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by blueridgerider (Post 3847685)
Not to excuse the other biker, but why in the world are you camping in the left lane?

That's my thought - maybe he was trying to tell you that you belong in the right lane when you aren't passing - it's the law here (my favorite one) and in lots of states, but we have loads of people from up north who ignore it.

KBFXDLI 09-09-2008 03:30 PM

Don't feel bad I had some jamoke on a crotch rocket do that to me on a two lane road when I was going about 70 in a 50mph zone. He had to be going 110 with his shorts & tshirt & hitops on. also with the hottie blonde on the back both wearing no helmets...:eek: No horn nothing. Just ZOOOM...and I have to go home and clean out my skivies. :mad:

That was over a year ago.....I'm sure they are both dead by now...:cool:

1goindiesel 09-09-2008 04:43 PM

Me and a buddy were riding our bikes north on I35 between S.A and Austin this summer. We are in the far left of 3 lanes passing and running about 75-80. Two crotch rockets pass us in staggered formation in the middle lane like we were not moving. The best part is they were both doing wheelies when they went by:eek:. I just prayed they got far enough ahead they when they turned meat I was way far back/away. Crazy baztuds out there!!!

flakdog 09-09-2008 04:48 PM

Originally Posted by 1goindiesel (Post 3848148)
Me and a buddy were riding our bikes north on I35 between S.A and Austin this summer. We are in the far left of 3 lanes passing and running about 75-80. Two crotch rockets pass us in staggered formation in the middle lane like we were not moving. The best part is they were both doing wheelies when they went by:eek:. I just prayed they got far enough ahead they when they turned meat I was way far back/away. Crazy baztuds out there!!!

I avoid I35 between Dallas and San Marcos like the plague. It scares the $hit out of me!

FD

DannyZ71 09-09-2008 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by Big Sled (Post 3847807)
Now... you Okies and Texicans doncha start your fussin and feudin again! Why doncha just have a football game or sometning to settle it?;)

We keep hoping that Mexico will show some interest so we can give it back to them! :D

jwilson77 09-09-2008 05:22 PM

Certainly the behavior of passing you in your own lane is un called for; however, as others have said the right lane is for driving, the left is for passing. It is just another little thing to keep everyone safe. In some states (PA for example, I believe) can issue tickets for camping in the left lane.

Of course, we all should be glad nothing bad came of your incident and no one is hurt. And I am sure we all (myself included) could stand to keep more alert.

Joe Diver 09-09-2008 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by DannyZ71 (Post 3848243)
We keep hoping that Mexico will show some interest so we can give it back to them! :D

Oh, come on now....you're lucky we're still letting you call that part of north Texas "Oklahoma".....:D

Fear Night 09-09-2008 08:36 PM

My buddy and I were riding down a twisty, local backroad. It is two lane, with double yellow, and a 35 or so speed limit. Out of nowhere a sportbike comes screaming by us full throttle going AT LEAST 110-120mph. He came up on us so fast I never noticed him in my mirror (I was in the back). We sped up to see how in the world he hit the corners going that fast but he was nowhere to be found.

krwould 09-09-2008 08:45 PM

Originally Posted by l.ray (Post 3847749)
What??

Yep! I see stupid people everywhere!!!

grimreaper169 09-09-2008 08:47 PM

In the Sunshine state the law says Slower traffica keep right