General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Deal @ Wallymart

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2008, 07:31 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Deal @ Wallymart

Started to rain & stopped in the Wallyworld gardening section because it was open and had a ramp for my bike. Left my scoot there among the petunia’s, nice & dry. Went to the sporting section trying to kill some time and spotted a set of Soft-Tie Nylon Tie-Down Straps (the double loop things you can use to tie your bike to a lift or trailer). $1.99/pair. Bought a bundle of em as you can never have too many. Than went past the knife department & bought a Buck BK110 for $26.00. Went outside and the rain had past and the world was warm & fuzzy. Life is good again.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:47 PM
EZ48
Extreme HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 2 Posts

How'd you get your bike into the gardening section without the welcome lady giving you grief?

Old 10-27-2008, 08:18 PM
andyg8786
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm curious about that myself, what's the rule on that? Sometimes I see bikes up on the sidewalk right next to the business, is that legal?

Old 10-27-2008, 08:25 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did they have the 15w50 mobil oil on sale in 5 qrt jug?

Old 10-27-2008, 08:35 PM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,569 Likes on 4,768 Posts

oh no.your bike got rained on,you'll never be able to sell it

Old 10-28-2008, 07:44 AM
huffhuff
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

local Walmart encourages bikes to be parked close to the building out of harm's way. It's private property.

Old 10-28-2008, 07:49 AM
1Coastie
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I almost always park up near the building at major stores and restaurants as long as they have a large area where my bike wont be an inconvienence. If they dont have a place like that I look for one of the large cross hatched areas in the front of the parking lot. Either way keeps the bike in plain view, less chance of someone messing with it.

Old 10-28-2008, 10:22 AM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts
Default Wtf?

I thought this was about helping others and letting the members know where there is a deal? Who got off on this parking thing? WTF, is this Mr. Rogers neighborhood or a forum on Harleys?

In Florida most of the state is biker friendly. Yes the retired greet-er lady was in her chair while I pulled up to the parking lot with parking in front, next to the included gas station. I was invited to put my bike under the overhang which was in the gardening section and had a ramp leading into it. This is where they store the palletized plants waiting for transport into the store. No I did not run over any small: children, puppies, or kittens while going across the sidewalk. andyg8786, I did not park on the sidewalk so I do not know if it is legal. 06dynablack, I do not know if oil is on sale and I would not use 15w50, only straight 50W in the winter or 60W in the summer.

SeniorChief56. You have not been around long enough to know this info. But I build my own bikes from ground up. As far as what goes on my bike stock, this only thing I have that is Harley is an inner primary and a battery. I make/develop my own front ends (inverted) including everything to attach it to ie: triple trees, hollow alloy axles & steering stem et. al., Rotors (320mm MMC), radial calipers, Carbon Fiber wheels, HID lighting, Chrome Molly frame, all stainless steel and aluminum brackets, wiring, leather seat, and paint. I do buy a motor from TP, clutch from Bandit, & a trans from Baker. I also developed the Harley Penske shocks using this platform of which is now popular and recognized one of two of the best suspension shocks in the world. The motor, from new was completely disassembled, modified by Loucomotion and reassembled as well as the trans. The exhaust was stock Supertrapp. I have also fabricated C/F hard bags and hard points to convert over the FXR for long trips. As you can see, with part time creation of a one off bike with a total wet weight of under 500 lbs, it would be unwise for me to sell this bike or any of the other four I own.

Thank you for your concern about moisture and rust being a problem with Harley owners. I believe if you keep up and maintain your own bike, wash it down, than spray with Mineral Spirits and water mixture, than wax when you can there will never be a problem with rust. Since my motorcycle is a tool of necessity, (as I prefer to use it in place of a car) I do not wish to wash it any more than I have to. I also have the good sense to get out of the rain when I can.

Last edited by FastHarley; 10-28-2008 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:30 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

They still have the buy 2 chinese get one free sale going on?

Old 10-28-2008, 10:34 AM
Slaps
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wonder if those ties would work to get the wife to leave me alone for a bit.... I'll have to see if they have them in my neck of the woods.

Quick Reply: Deal @ Wallymart