General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with Military Exchance new Car sales?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 10:05 PM
RideDglide
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by knoxy66
I ordered a new Sporty before I left Afghanistan and I had no problems with ENCS. I did have tons of problems with the local dealership not wanting to take care of me since I didn't buy from them. They had it at the dealership for 9 days before they even uncrated it from the factory. I ended up getting it 4 days after the delivery date and only after I called one of the Harley reps for ENCS in New York and complained about the dealership. Had my bike ready that afternoon. I had a good experience with ENCS but I think I could have gotten my bike for about the same if I had just bought it here. Get ahold of the rep you dealt with when you bought it and he/she can tell you exactly when it left the factory and where it is in the delivery system. I was furious when I found out it sat in a crate a mile from my house for over a week right after I got home from Afghanistan.
Good points here if I read between the lines correctly; names, phone logs, email trails go a long way.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:14 PM
knoxy66
Cruiser

Yeah definately, I still remember the dudes name. Owen, he was from Scotland. I don't blame the local dealer for not wanting to deal with it since they didn't sell it. What they did do though is send hundreds of dollars in chrome dollars and service to the dealership 25 miles up the interstate.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 AM
wagsrk08
Road Captain
Received 35 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear about your delay. I ordered my 2008 FLHR in October of 2007 from Army LSA in Kuwait through Military Car Sales. Requested a April 01, 2008 pick up date at my hometown dealer. I arrived stateside on April 01, called dealer and bike had already been there 2 weeks waiting for me! A very smooth transaction. Even the dealer was glad to deliver bike to me (and get as much $$ for accessories) and very pro-military.

I have nothing but praise for Military Car Sales. I would call Linda Schreiber at the main office in Woodbury, New York and find out whats up. This lady was fantastic answering my questions to changing address, dealership delivery dates, etc.. Give her a call @ 1-800-732-2839. MCS cares about your purchase and will see you get your bike.

Good luck and welcome home.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:47 AM
fedwa001
Cruiser

Ok so an up date. I'm still waiting. I know I am a grown man and should be patient but Im just plain mad and I don't know who to be angry with. I also ordered mine several months before I got home. Went over my buyers contract last night and nowhere in it is there a 30 day guaranteed delivery date stipulation guess ill just wait

Old 01-06-2009, 01:44 PM
fedwa001
Cruiser

Just got off the phone with ENCS guess I was wrong in being angry with them. The bike show is shipped on the 23rd of December but it actually never left the factory floor. No one can tell me why it never left guess it got lost in the Holiday scramble. They are gonna try to get it out to me within 10 days and ENCS is putting together a compensation package for me. Dont know what it will be but hopefully something good. So I guess I have to wait a little longer. Thanks for the advice and info guys Ill try to remain positive. In the mean time good riding to you all who have the weather for it.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:08 PM
RideDglide
Tourer

Originally Posted by fedwa001
Just got off the phone with ENCS guess I was wrong in being angry with them. The bike show is shipped on the 23rd of December but it actually never left the factory floor. No one can tell me why it never left guess it got lost in the Holiday scramble. They are gonna try to get it out to me within 10 days and ENCS is putting together a compensation package for me. Dont know what it will be but hopefully something good. So I guess I have to wait a little longer. Thanks for the advice and info guys Ill try to remain positive. In the mean time good riding to you all who have the weather for it.
You say the contract has a 30 day delivery guarantee, but what does it say what if that 30 days is busted? Not trying to rile you up any more than you are, just curious. Would be interested to hear what the comp pkg is about.

Forget the reply; get your bike and go grab some throttle.

Old 01-06-2009, 05:22 PM
RideDglide
Tourer

Thinking back on my experience, I had a couple of "hiccups", but they worked out.
Ordered my bike on the front end of deployment, spec'd my 2 color choices; black & black. Rep riding the ship gives me her email & number says call in a couple of months when regional allocations are received.
I email her, no response. Couple of days later I crawl up the foodchain and reach the regional manager who tells me the rep was let go and he would personally handle my order.
Few days later after a "hard fought night" in Sydney there's the email, "we have your bike and it's black". So I get the VIN, call my wife and give her all the info so she can cut a check and send to wherever. She calls wherever and they say that VIN is not allocated to San Diego region... WTF. So I call the manager ready to beat him like a rented mule and he simply says "that's your bike, have your wife standby the phone for instructions on where to mail the check".
He delivered... Bike was on the floor ready to go on pick-up day.
Ended up sending the guy a bunch of ship stuff, hat, t-shirt, etc.

Old 01-06-2009, 07:45 PM
fedwa001
Cruiser

Well hopefully mine works out as well as yours

Old 01-06-2009, 08:34 PM
MCSarge
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 446 Likes on 309 Posts
Smile

Hope it gets to you soon. Thanks for your service. Let us know what the compenstation package is.

Old 01-06-2009, 08:38 PM
Seener84
Tourer

I had issues with purchasing a FLHTCU last year after returning from Iraq. The bike was not on time, and I spent way too much time on the phone with the dealership, ENCS, etc trying to get my bike delivered, summer was ending and I was anxious. After all the dealer told me that they could have made me the same deal... Dont know if thats true or not, but after the headaches I wont do it again. This is the reason I bought my new bike from the dealer and not through ENCS again. It was a bummer for me, sorry to hear its a pain for you too.

Quick Reply: Problems with Military Exchance new Car sales?