General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

!!!!!!!!!!!!!price on a indian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:35 PM
billb7984
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default !!!!!!!!!!!!!price on a indian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello there friends,I went to that big motorcycle show in novi michigan,this show goes all over the US,there was a display of indian motorcycles,so I was talking to one of their sales people ,they had three bikes there ,I dont know what model of the one I asked about ,but it was I thought their basic one ,he told me that one goes for thirtyone thousand dollars,so I asked about the fancy one with saddlebags that one goes for thirtyeight thousand dollars.Now how in the world do they think they will sell their bikes when they are about ten thousand to fifteen thousand dollars more than the average harley .I would bet that if they were close to the same price as the harley ,they might have ALOT of interest.Oh If I heard him right he said that the boat manufacture Chriscraft is the one putting up money for the indian!!!!!!!!!!!! Bill

Old 01-05-2009, 06:41 PM
shoveldog
Tourer

I think the current owners will discover as the last ones did (especially now), that not enough folks are willing to pay that much for the Indian name. My opinion, you want an Indian, buy a real one, as in 1953 or older.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:44 PM
185champ
Advanced

how come i live in springfield and i havn't seen any new ones for sale yet?

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/TheM...6/Default.aspx

Old 01-05-2009, 06:48 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 185champ
how come i live in springfield and i havn't seen any new ones for sale yet?

http://www.indianmotorcycle.com/TheM...6/Default.aspx
Because they are only producing 1,500 a year... I have no idea how these new owners think this will last. Downward economy and they are selling bikes that are expensive and more expensive.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Greyboat
Tourer

They have to be smoking crack. I just can not see why those bikes are priced that high. Won't see many of these on the road. They just priced themselves out of the market.

Old 01-05-2009, 06:55 PM
RDKingRider
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, Not going to last long with those prices, unless they know something we don't.

Old 01-05-2009, 07:02 PM
killer scott
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RDKingRider
Yeah, Not going to last long with those prices, unless they know something we don't.
Obama is giving one to everyone? Two to couples?!

Old 01-05-2009, 07:12 PM
codyshop
Tourer

This is now the fourth company to use the Indian name. This current attempt is owned by Stellican, Ltd. of England. Stellican also ownes ChrisCraft. They seem to be an investment group which specializes in buying the rights to dead brand names. Ray

Old 01-05-2009, 07:17 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up fuuny i was at the first dealership saturday

i took the wife out saturday and we stop at the indain dealer first show room in gastonia nc it is about 15 miles from factory all dealership are owned by people not the factory this was there first to open i fell in love with the chief and had a leather that you would kill for old style fring on seat and running boards a great looking bike now for the down side there bikes are really for one person riding like back in the day they do have some buddy seat good for girll friend not wife they have 5 dealers open now and only going to build 750 bikes next year 1500 bikes well you need a big profit on every bike to keep the doors open and really no dealer add ons to go buy like a harley where most buy the bike then spend another $2,000-5,000 add on over time or right out the door so $30,000 to 35,000 is not bad just add up what you spend on a new hd after buying it use to be 100.00 bills now its 150 bills nice bike all there still love my hd

Old 01-05-2009, 07:33 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Just because guys like us won't pay or couldn't afford to pay that price doesn't mean there's not a customer out there that will.

Surely a company like ChrisCraft, having invested millions into Indian, would've done market research to see what price mark they should set.

They're probably looking to be perceived as a step above Harley. A rare breed that will stand out from the crowd. Riding an Indian says you're special or at least that you have more money than those poor Harley owners.

Quick Reply: !!!!!!!!!!!!!price on a indian!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!