General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NEW Turbo kit to be released........

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 11:17 AM
DoomBuggy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK so turbos are kinda cool, and the first bike to ever spank my Sporty ( which was a seriously bad azz little scooter ) was a 750cc turbo Kaw so I looked this over and here are my thoughts. Why not do this right and take a lesson from the V-rod. Create a gas tank rear of the motor, take the exisitng gas tank apart and hide as much as you can under there, rework the intercooler so it sits in front of the motor, and do something with the exhaust so it looks like a bike, not a plumbing store. Now you have something I would consider if I wanted to go fast.

Luckily for me my going fast days are behind me, now I just like to cruise!

Old 01-27-2009, 12:57 PM
JRK5892
Banned
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

i think it is awesome!

Old 01-27-2009, 03:39 PM
hardluk1
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fastharley Maybe you know this. What happen to aero-charger.. I new the guys that made the aero-charger first pre production kits that were later sold to the public. They were in naples florida and i watched the first 460hp bike a daytona back around 95 maybe, then again the next year. Watched them build all the jap bike kits and then the first buell and a test setup on a custom 80" motor on a black custom at Floyd Cunninghams motorcyclecyle shop. I then moved to NC and lost track of them. The guy that owned the name to aero did seem like a pickerhead. Floyd dam sure could make a bike haul boggidy. Even the hd kits looked good not like this kind a stuff . He had a honda cbx called triple x that ran 240 something with a stock motor and the turbo kit and gearing change with floyd on it.That made all the metric covers then. He had a areo space machineist across the street that did the mill work and was a nut case to. He had a buick motored(gnx) turbo trucks gmc made with 2 over sized turbos on it and was a monster back then in its own right.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:30 PM
Daniel@Tigretune
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by FBTRIKE
Then I guess it's not for ridin in the rain.........

Why don't you take a look at the other turbo kits available and harley even makes a screamin eagle filter that faces forward..The filter sits 10-11 inches off the tire. I have a friend with a trask turbo Vrod with a filter facing forward and we have rode in the rain a good dozen times. So don't tell me something you know nothing about.

Old 01-27-2009, 07:47 PM
cactus789
Road Captain

Holy Crapman that is ugly... yikes, not for me.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:02 PM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Would be a kewl thing to ride in on at bike night

Old 01-27-2009, 09:03 PM
FastHarley
Former Sponsor
Received 441 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by hardluk1
Fastharley Maybe you know this. What happen to aero-charger.. I new the guys that made the aero-charger first pre production kits that were later sold to the public. They were in naples florida and i watched the first 460hp bike a daytona back around 95 maybe, then again the next year. Watched them build all the jap bike kits and then the first buell and a test setup on a custom 80" motor on a black custom at Floyd Cunninghams motorcyclecyle shop. I then moved to NC and lost track of them. The guy that owned the name to aero did seem like a pickerhead. Floyd dam sure could make a bike haul boggidy. Even the hd kits looked good not like this kind a stuff . He had a honda cbx called triple x that ran 240 something with a stock motor and the turbo kit and gearing change with floyd on it.That made all the metric covers then. He had a areo space machineist across the street that did the mill work and was a nut case to. He had a buick motored(gnx) turbo trucks gmc made with 2 over sized turbos on it and was a monster back then in its own right.
Last man standing is Turbo Connection
2019 Eclipse Ave., Rapid City, SD 57703
or
3579 Reservoir Rd. Rapid City, SD 57703
turbo595@aol.com 605-393-0816 I THINK

He use to live in CO a few years back and the company never came back to it better years. He use to use the word/e-Mail boostisgood (boost is good) Sorry I could not be of better help. These units used here (not by me but friends) seem to address some of the problems of a motorcycle. They have still a long way to go as heating up an air cooled motor is not really a good thing. As far as liquid cooled, that is a different story entirely!

Old 01-28-2009, 07:48 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts

It is a piece of art to me,and the statement it makes says a lot about the builder.I for one would love to pull up beside that creation, and stir up a little trouble.I prefer huge cubic inch aftermarket motors in my Harleys and a lot of people don't understand that.So, I never try to explain,those asking do not have a clue,so why waste my breath.Just meet us hot rodders out on the asphalt and you just might better understand the thrill of owning truely quick Harleys.

Old 01-28-2009, 05:50 PM
Daniel@Tigretune
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by dog155
It is a piece of art to me,and the statement it makes says a lot about the builder.I for one would love to pull up beside that creation, and stir up a little trouble.I prefer huge cubic inch aftermarket motors in my Harleys and a lot of people don't understand that.So, I never try to explain,those asking do not have a clue,so why waste my breath.Just meet us hot rodders out on the asphalt and you just might better understand the thrill of owning truely quick Harleys.

my kind of people right here .... looks like you got a couple bad *** bikes yourself

Old 01-29-2009, 11:31 AM
FBTRIKE
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Daniel@Tigretune
Why don't you take a look at the other turbo kits available and harley even makes a screamin eagle filter that faces forward..The filter sits 10-11 inches off the tire. I have a friend with a trask turbo Vrod with a filter facing forward and we have rode in the rain a good dozen times. So don't tell me something you know nothing about.
I know it's ugly.........

Last edited by FBTRIKE; 01-29-2009 at 11:34 AM.

Quick Reply: NEW Turbo kit to be released........