General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Grand Canyon HD in Bellemont AZ

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Grand Canyon HD in Bellemont AZ

I just want to pass along a some praise for Grand Canyon HD in Bellemont AZ. Back in October I took a 5500 mile "army retirement" ride from Northern VA to AZ and back on my post army job hunt. Needless to say, when I got back to VA, my bike was a mess. Well, I landed a job in Winslow AZ, and recently drove from Virginia to Flagstaff where we'll live, with my Fat Bob in the back of my Dodge. I braved the Arkansas/Texas/Oklahoma ice storm from last week, which just added all the more grime to my bike. I drove over to Grand Canyon HD the other day, where the service techs (one of them, unknown to me at the time, turned out to be an old family friend from Phoenix I hadn't seen in over 20 years) helped me unload the bike off my truck and they kept in their warehouse overnight for me until I could get it home. I went in the next morning to retrieve the bike, and say thanks. Well, as I went to get my bike, one of the service guys says to me, hope you don't mind, we washed your bike for you. I couldn't believe this courtesy, it was above and beyond, and reinforced my decision to get out of the east coast and back out west where I belong. I hopped on the bike and opened her up for a few miles on I-40, first time since parking her at the end of my October ride, and I can't wait to do more of the same in my old home.

Old 02-07-2009, 09:53 AM
Gutman
Road Master

That is how Dealers should be. That little token of kindness just earned them years of respect. There are still alot out Dealers out there. Congratulations. Thank's for your Service. I served in the Navy.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Glad that worked out for you. I had a dealer off to "clean" my bike and look over and see some idiot wiping down bikes with a rag that looked like he'd been changing oil with it. I felt bad for the guy that owned that bike and saw what his paint looked like when he picked it up.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:10 AM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,220 Likes on 4,770 Posts

Thank you for your service. The few times I've been in there I have always left with a good impression. Same can be said of the staff at their Meyer store.

Old 02-07-2009, 10:25 AM
57RebelRocker
Ultimate HDF Member

we have a good service department at our local dealer...good story ...good luck at your new job

Old 02-07-2009, 12:27 PM
Uncle Scrooge
Road Warrior

We were on the road in AZ last September when the primary inspection gasket sprung a leak. Found Grand Canyon HD open on a Sunday morning (!) and picked up a new one. Nice people.

Old 02-07-2009, 12:33 PM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was a great place to stop when I was still doing "west coast turn's" the roadhouse next door was a excellent place to stop for a great meal! Just out of curiousity , what work did u find in Winslow??? never seemed to be much there when I stopped (and spent a couple nights during a snowstorm(did find a great nightclub across from where the old truckstop was)

Old 02-07-2009, 12:35 PM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Thanks for your service and welcome back to the right side of town.

Thank for passing the the info, Its always great to know where the better dealers are on the road.

Old 02-08-2009, 12:03 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Winslow work

I got a job flying EMS helicopters for Guardian Air out of Flagstaff, but will be based in Winslow. Not a bad gig - 7 days on, then 7 days off.

Originally Posted by rydermike
Was a great place to stop when I was still doing "west coast turn's" the roadhouse next door was a excellent place to stop for a great meal! Just out of curiousity , what work did u find in Winslow??? never seemed to be much there when I stopped (and spent a couple nights during a snowstorm(did find a great nightclub across from where the old truckstop was)

Old 02-08-2009, 12:45 AM
rydermike
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like an awesome gig!! Congrats!

Quick Reply: Grand Canyon HD in Bellemont AZ