General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sport bike j/o today at Tilley's in Salisbury

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2009, 07:50 PM
zimman20
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sport bike j/o today at Tilley's in Salisbury

Anybody there to witness this jackass get his comeuppance? Funny stuff...

Buddy and I stopped at Tilley's in Salisbury today to look around, they were having a 20% off merchandise sale and with the 70* weather a good crowd was in the parking lot, in the store, and hanging around outside...

We were about to cross the lane that runs the length in front of the store....at the far end there's a kid on a sportbike who's revving the engine, feathers the clutch and is doing about a 50' burnout down the length of the lane and then passes us. I'm just thinking to myself and about to say 'won't be long before that idiot ends up on his head' and lo and behold...he makes the right at the end of the parking lot, not sure what he was planning on doing (front wheel stoppy, something else?) and the front wheel falls over on him and then the bike falls over on its side. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Jackass!

It was a nice bike, too....looked pretty custom, I couldn't make out the manufacturer either before he went by or after - maybe a custom paint job.

Of course then he couldn't pick the bike up by himself, tried and failed a couple of times until a buddy of his stopped and helped him....he took off for parts unknown to lick his wounds, I'm sure. The bike fell away from all of us so we couldn't see what kind of damage he did to the bike (likely an expensive amount, what with the fairings and whatnot on those bikes)....quite a big (Harley) crowd sitting watching this idiot do his thing. A good time and laugh was had by all...wonder how long until he tries to look cool in front of a crowd again?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Grind
Road Master

Of course then he couldn't pick the bike up by himself
Really? Crotch rockets are s'posed to be lightweight, right? Musta been a skinny little runt. I picked up my FXD, by myself, when it fell over. Surely, it's heavier than a crotch rocket?

Old 02-08-2009, 08:03 PM
Big Pig
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't find any humor at all when anyone wrecks on a motorcycle, even the idiots.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:05 PM
zimman20
Tourer

Originally Posted by Big Pig
I don't find any humor at all when anyone wrecks on a motorcycle, even the idiots.
Disclaimer: he didn't 'wreck' and he was obv okay. It was a very low-speed comeuppance.

Old 02-08-2009, 09:07 PM
mes
Tourer

what the hell is a comeuppance and is it curable?

Old 02-09-2009, 08:55 AM
Unome
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear anyone wrecked their bike even if not hurt and they were being an ***, though.

Kind of reminds me of what happened a few years back on a poker run we were on. We had stopped at yet another bar to get cards. A guy & his girl came out and were getting on a sport bike. He must have gotten pissed because people looked at his cute girlfriend because he left in a hurry and was winding it out. We heard him go from 1st to 2nd but when he went to 3rd, he hit neutral and you could hear the damn thing whining for all get-out before he pulled clutch back in and caught 3rd.

Laughed my butt off. He wasn't but about 100 yards from the building when it happened.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 AM
Gerard
Road Master

Sounds like a Southwest Airline "want to get away"? commericial.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:12 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 462 Likes on 247 Posts

I never like to hear about ANY sort of un-scheduled "get-off" but I understand how you feel about the "instant Karma" of that moment.... not unlike the idiot on his brand new Harley, who leaves the dealer, and plows into a parked car.

Some folks shouldn't ride

Old 02-09-2009, 09:24 AM
ord sgt
Grand HDF Member

Received 146 Likes on 99 Posts

On a sad note, Saw a red sport bike under the front end of a F-150. Rider killed. Don't know who was at fault. This was on the Philly news yesterday.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 16,594 Likes on 4,773 Posts

Originally Posted by Big Pig
always laugh at the idiots, that's why they are here on planet earth

Quick Reply: Sport bike j/o today at Tilley's in Salisbury