General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealers having hard time

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2009, 08:36 AM
Dave54
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dealers having hard time

I was reading the paper this morning about auto dealers saying they have to make diversity and customer service the key to selling more. Wonder if Hd dealers will try better customer service and I wouldn't be surpized if they start selling other make bikes like they did in the late 80'and early 90's .Better customer service would be my first choice!

Old 03-08-2009, 10:01 AM
ctsbob
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe stop importing every piece of crummy chrome and t-shirt from China. I am so sick of HD talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Sing songs of heritage,pride,and American bikes but sell everything from China that fits our bikes. Let me know that the $50 dollars I spend on a t-shirt came from an American who still has still has his/her job. Corp greed on HD's part. Ride American=buy American. That is stimulis. Sorry to rant...

Old 03-08-2009, 10:53 AM
silverrosie
Cruiser
Default Sign of the times

Our dealer owned two stores in different cities and had to close one down. No matter what they have to do to stay open, I'll be supportive with the effort...and spend every last penny I have buying t-shirts and accessories, even if I'm not buying a bike. (Ok...I'll 'fess up....I've been doing that anyway

Silverrosie

Old 03-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Donnylee
Stellar HDF Member
Received 716 Likes on 275 Posts

Dealers out here are selling bikes. I am glad they are. I do not want to see them fail!

Old 03-08-2009, 11:33 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 620 Likes on 386 Posts

Bike sales seem slow at many of the Chicago area dealers.

Old 03-08-2009, 11:54 AM
bulkman2008
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I brought a friend of mine , a first time Harley buyer , into the local Harley shop last week to buy a bike . Well they were just like they always or , slow to acknowledge that they may actually have a sale . When we finally got their attention it was like , man you caint beat this price and so forth , well we had called around the day before and knew we had found cheaper , but further away to go and get it . Finally I convinced her to start looking in the local newspaper that there were good deals on second hand bikes . Found one the first day , looked at it , it had many extras and was several thousand dollars cheaper than the dealer had , we brought it home and she`s happy with her purchase .

Old 03-08-2009, 04:15 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

Destination Daytona was selling $250k/day. They interviewed Bruce Rossmeyer and he said that sales were strong. Many lady buyers.

The dealer in Davenport Ia. and the one in Kewanee, Il. are both having strong prespring sales.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Xuallus
Road Master

Every time I walk into my dealership it's busy, they seem to be doing okay - building brand new at a new location this spring.

Old 03-08-2009, 04:58 PM
Art08fatboy
Advanced
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ctsbob
Maybe stop importing every piece of crummy chrome and t-shirt from China. I am so sick of HD talking the talk, but not walking the walk. Sing songs of heritage,pride,and American bikes but sell everything from China that fits our bikes. Let me know that the $50 dollars I spend on a t-shirt came from an American who still has still has his/her job. Corp greed on HD's part. Ride American=buy American. That is stimulis. Sorry to rant...
Amen, brother.

Old 03-08-2009, 05:04 PM
busch
Road Warrior

Dealer by me sold 9 last week 3 as of Thursday this week always people at HD dealer when ever I stop

Quick Reply: Dealers having hard time