General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

J&M Audio Customer Service Notice!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 02:10 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking J&M Audio Customer Service Notice!!!

I feel compelled to tell everyone about the service I received from John and Karen at J&M Audio.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased almost $1800.00 worth of J&M Headsets and Aria helmets along with a CB radio for my wife Heritage. Prior to purchase I check with John Lazzaroni and he recommended the H-O (high output) headset from J&M. I purchased all of this equipment from Cycle Outfitters in Southport IN. At the time of purchased I questioned the sales guy many times to insure he was installing the H-O models because I did not see the right model number on the headset package. He assured me he was and he told me there was only 1 model for the Aria helmets.

When I got home with everything I contacted J&M to see if I could tell if the correct headset I paid for were actually installed. Well guess what the guy at Cycle Outfitters DID NOT put the correct headsets in the helmets. He installed what he had in stock and thought I would not know the difference.

Instead of dealing any further with Cycle Outfitters due to lack of confidence, I emailed John at J&M late that evening and in the middle of the night John replied with " Lets get this mess cleaned up". He had me send my helmets back to J&M and they at no charge replaced the headsets with the ones I was supposed to have had in the first place. Even though Cycle Outfitters made the profit.

Karen in customer service at J&M received the helmets last Friday and they are sending them back to me today. Very fast turn around and excellent customer service. I Can Not say enough good things about the J&M company.
I was impressed the John himself directed everything to right people to guarantee my satisfaction.

I will now voice my displeasure to Cycle Outfitters which saddens me because they seemed very knowledgeable.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 03-09-2009 at 02:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 02:31 PM
badinfluence63
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You hit the nail on the head...that place and the people who work there are the shiet! Really. They have walked me thru a couple of situations and one was the local MOCO trying to blame the JM helmet/intercom system when it was the bike all the time. Bad harness on the bike itself(which was disclosed when the JM tech guy voluntered to call the MOCO his self. Good stuff, even better staff.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:36 PM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Glad you had a good ending to your horrible experience with the crooks at Cycle Outfitters. Kudos to J&M for stepping up to the bat and showing there is still some honesty and integrity left in the business world.

Old 03-09-2009, 02:43 PM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I recently upgraded one helmet head set and got a new lower cord for the other to work with my new Ultra. I ordered directly from them.

J&M is first class in products and service for sure. Glad to hear they cleaned up your mess with the other place.

Maybe they will rethink having Cycle Outfitters as one of their sales outlets?

Old 03-09-2009, 07:16 PM
ev780
Tourer
Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

A big +1!!! I had an issue with my helmet speakers and got several e-mails from John while he was in Daytona at the show helping me with the problem. Together we got it fixed without havng to send the helmet in. Great company.

Old 03-10-2009, 07:48 AM
100thRK
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

J&M is a class act with great products. I use their elite headsets and antennas!!!

Old 03-10-2009, 09:06 AM
SC-Longhair
Club Member
Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts

Doesn't it just chap your butt that the retailer tried to get one over on you? I mean seriously. To quote one of the news channels in NYC, "Shame shame shame....shame on you".

Old 03-10-2009, 10:26 AM
TJB50
Tourer

Not to steal your thread, but I sent an email to J&M with a question about installation on their new speakers on an Ultra and they never responded. They are going to have issues, a wear point on the wires that go through the plastic housing to the tweeter & midrange.

Old 03-10-2009, 12:29 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

No problem high jacking the thread. I would email John Lazzaroni and I guarantee he will get back to you. I am very happy with their service. Good Luck.

Old 03-10-2009, 02:04 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 461 Likes on 247 Posts

I've had J&M radios for the past 5 years, on 3 different bike, as well as on a dozen or so friends bikes, every single person who has contacted John was taken care of.... whether the equipment was bought directly from them, or elsewhere... J&M is outstanding

Quick Reply: J&M Audio Customer Service Notice!!!