General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Peace Officer Special Edition

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2006, 09:02 PM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member
Received 410 Likes on 167 Posts
Default RE: HD Peace Officer Special Edition

ORIGINAL: Smitty

I've have a '06 PO Edition Ultra Classic Electra Glide on order since 4/3/06 and it's $20,665 OTD.

ORIGINAL: Michael in Oregon

ORIGINAL: TOMMAY

I've heard that you get $2000 off MSRP on the Police Specials.If that's true it would sure be worth fighting for.

Good Luck

Tom
I was looking at a Ultra Classic with a MSRP tag hanging off it for $22K+ and IF I were to get the "Police Edition" price, it would have been $17,800 OTD!
I'm not a LEO or a CO but I would like to have a Police Edition Ultra Classic. True, you must be a LEO to get one of these bikes, which is a great and well deserved insentive for you all. I can get one if I can locate a LEO that will in effect buy it for me (me giveing him the money for purchase) but here is the catch. That LEO would not be able to purchase another one, so I would want to find a LEO that never intends to ride. This is how I understand this deal. I hope that doesn't upset anybody that I would like to do this, because like I said I'm not a LEO. The dealers are the ones that take the hit on the police bikes, not the MOCO, but they are still makeing a nice profit even at a reduced price. If I could save myself $2000 for the same bike, why not? Opinions welcome.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:00 PM
billnourse
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

Buying a POSE is not a one time deal. You can buy as many of them as you can afford. You just can't sell what you buy for the first year. I am in the process of buying another one right now because my wife has decided that she wants a EG Classic instead of the Heritage that she is now riding.

Regards,

Bill

Old 05-07-2006, 06:08 PM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looky here. Maybe you could strike up a deal on this one. reserve not met.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1

Good Luck

Tom

Old 05-07-2006, 11:12 PM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member

ORIGINAL: billnourse

Buying a POSE is not a one time deal. You can buy as many of them as you can afford. You just can't sell what you buy for the first year. I am in the process of buying another one right now because my wife has decided that she wants a EG Classic instead of the Heritage that she is now riding.

Regards,

Bill
Would you lose the option of buying another POSE if you did sell it within the one year peroid? A friend that is a HD sales mgr. told me about finding a LEO that would never ride, perhaps I just didn't understand what he was telling me.

Old 05-07-2006, 11:15 PM
cosmo glider
Stellar HDF Member

That is a nice looking Road King but I'm wanting the fairings. Good luck selling it.

Old 05-08-2006, 09:57 PM
TXSwede
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

One of my best friends is a probation officer, considered a corrections officer. I asked her about arrest power. She said 'sure, i just go out in the hall and ask the first officer I see to arrest whomever I need arrested'. Sounds like she has the power to me.

Old 05-21-2006, 05:54 AM
SgtDiesel
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I work at the Sheriff's Office in Charlotte, NC and our employees are seperated into detention and law enforcement. While I as a law enforcement officer have statutory arrest powers, our detention employees do not. My friend who is a detention sergeant, ordered a Peace Officer Ultra Classic and had no problem getting approved for it. From what I can tell, it will be at the descretion of the dealer to allow someone in detention or corrections to purchase the Peace Officer's edition. If you don't have any luck with a dealer you're talking to, shop other dealers and I'm sure you'll find one who'll order one for you.

Chris

Old 05-24-2006, 11:38 AM
Floridahawg
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damn find bikes are the Peace Officer Specials. I looked into one here in Florida recently and I cannot order an 06 and need to wait for the 07's if I go that route.
Here in Florida we are considered LE and must be state certified etc. My local dealer has no issues after talking with them. Just show my ID and give them my badge number. Wish they offered a Road Glide POSE.

My .02

FLHawg