General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Corbin Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:51 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Corbin Customer Service

If you buy a Corbin product don't expect good customer service, it sucks!

I purchased a Corbin Widowmaker to use with 2008 my Rocker C last October and was unable to use it until this spring. After using it one day I found that the seat had caused damage to my fender. I sent an e-mail off to Corbin regarding it and was told that the seat had been retooled because of this problem. When I first asked them to fix it all they did was apologize for the damage and said they would send me a new seat once the they received my old one.

It is now over one month later and I do not have the new seat and the only time I hear from them is when I send an e-mail asking for action on my seat and fender. After calling and sending e-mails several times with no response for about a month I was told that three people including Mike Corbin had looked at the pictures of the damage and this was their response:

"I checked into this for you and showed your pics to our production manager as well as Mike himself. We can repair the fender for you in-house. If you would like to keep the fender until a suitable time is available, we will repair it for you. We cannot issue any forms of payment or remittance for work done outside of our premises. We can make arrangements to have your fender picked up on our dime if need be."

Now I live in Minnesota and they are in California so I would be without the use of my motorcycle for over three to four weeks because of their poorly designed seat. My wife is also not able to ride with me because of their poor service, inefficient means of repair, and lack of a customer centered approach.

If you are interested in the correspondence between me and the company, please feel free to contact me, because their responses and analogies used were really poor. I would caution anyone buying a product from Corbin and would not recommend their product to anyone because their customer service sucks!.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:55 PM
CrashX
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At least they are trying to make good on it and not just saying too bad.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:09 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CrashX
At least they are trying to make good on it and not just saying too bad.
It took me a month to even get them to say they would repair it, It was their poorly designed seat that damaged my bike and because of that I will not have the use of my motorcycle with a 2up seat for another month. My question to any one would be how would you like to be without the use of your motorcycle for over a month out of a five to six month riding period?

Old 04-27-2009, 07:11 PM
crackitopen
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just put in a large order for a Classic Solo Seat, Pillion and Backrests.

Dealt with Sergio and thought he was great.

I hope I have better luck than you.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:30 PM
will2002
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,104 Likes on 1,024 Posts

I believe I read somewhere that the Corbin business was for SALE. Mike has most likely lost intrest in the day to day operations! The hired help ain't gonna do things like the boss did!

Old 04-27-2009, 07:36 PM
edeluxe07
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Well...seems nothing has changed.... 2 years ago, when I bought my seat from them, had the same issues with Customer service....seat didn't fit right, so I had to "fix it" myself... While I like the seat now, I don' t think I could recommend Corbin due to that "lack of interest" on their part when I had a problem.

Old 04-27-2009, 08:46 PM
Splatter
Road Master

I guess I'm not reading it right. They said you could hang onto the fender until it's handy for you to send it for repair on their dime. You say you live in Minnesota, so there's probably a conveinient time coming up in about six months. Can't you just put the fixed seat over the scratched fender and ride all summer long?

Old 04-27-2009, 09:06 PM
DragonSlayer08
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Splatter
I guess I'm not reading it right. They said you could hang onto the fender until it's handy for you to send it for repair on their dime. You say you live in Minnesota, so there's probably a conveinient time coming up in about six months. Can't you just put the fixed seat over the scratched fender and ride all summer long?
The damage it caused goes down to the metal and I am concerned about rust.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:15 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by DragonSlayer08
The damage it caused goes down to the metal and I am concerned about rust.

So, cover the scratch with clear finger nail polish and ride. At the first sign of snow, send it in.

Either that, or get it fixed on your dime and be done with it. Chances are, if you had a hard time getting a simple response, you're gonna be without that fender for a while. If you've already made up your mind that they suck, why trust them with the repair. In today's climate, they could just file bankruptcy and keep your fender, to be forever lost in the confusion that bankruptcy can bring.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:16 PM
Fishguy001
Road Captain

I think the offer of repairing the fender is fair. Send em the seat...get a new one... ride the heck out of it til november..send em the fender in november and you'll be made whole by spring...it aint gonna rust that bad in 7 months...if it does they can fix the rust too.

maybe the customer's version of "right" ain't really "right"

lol could be worse...you could have swine flu

Quick Reply: Corbin Customer Service