General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elvis Presley

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 03:56 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

The local dealership has one of Elvis' old bikes there.

http://www.southeastharley.com/custo...g=motorclothes

Old 05-04-2009, 04:05 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

Jay Leno was talking one night about being contacted by a guy from somewhere down South - (Georgia, Kentucky, or Tennessee) who claimed he had Elvis' Harley in a barn. He sent Jay photos and I think Leno ended up going down there to look at it. I recall he said there was something under the seat, or written on the bottom of the seat which would prove it was Elvis' bike...I can't remember if he bought it and brought it back to his garage in LA or not.

Last edited by duoglider; 05-04-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:36 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

According to Snopes, Leno says that Elvis bike thing with him never happened:

http://www.snopes.com/autos/dream/elvis.asp

Old 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM
Butt Ugly
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duoglider
Jay Leno was talking one night about being contacted by a guy from somewhere down South - (Georgia, Kentucky, or Tennessee) who claimed he had Elvis' Harley in a barn. He sent Jay photos and I think Leno ended up going down there to look at it. I recall he said there was something under the seat, or written on the bottom of the seat which would prove it was Elvis' bike...I can't remember if he bought it and brought it back to his garage in LA or not.
Rossmeyer built Jay Leno an exact duplicate of Elvis bike. Jay Leno has pictures and video of it on his website. Search out "Jay Leno's Garage" and check it and a lot of other nifty motorcycles and cars out. Jay Leno is the real deal.

http://www.jaylenosgarage.com/video/...tml?vid=187070

It isn't a easy website to surf, since there are commercials in front of the videos and all, but there are some very interesting bikes. I like the one of Jay punching the throttle on a Boss Hoss too.

Last edited by Butt Ugly; 05-04-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 08-23-2009, 01:58 PM
petert1401
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mudbugclub
Did anyone hear a story about a guy finding out he owned a Harley that had belonged to Elvis Presley? The story was that he found a note under the seat with a message from Johnny Cash?

A mate told me he heard about this on the radio, but I can't find any record of the story.
I heard this story only last night at a BBQ given by a friend of mine. The guy in question is apparently a friend of a friend of his. I have no real evidence that the story is true, but here's how it was told to me :-

The guy (let's call him Dave), owned a Harley that he'd had for a good while. One day the electrics failed on him and, being no mechanic, phoned his local (UK) Harley dealer for help. The dealer took the details of the bike (chassis number etc), looked it up and determined that the bike was American spec and he would have to order the parts in from the USA.

A week later Dave got a call from the USA (can't remember whether he said Harley dealer or head office) who asked him to reiterate the bike registration details. He was then asked if he'd ever looked under the seat and, after admitting he'd never lifted the seat, was given instructions on how to do so.

Under the seat was, reputedly, a gold plaque with the inscription "To Elvis, Happy 21st Birthday, Johnny Cash"

He was reportedly offered $3 million for it on the spot. I was not told whether he accepted or not. It very likely complete BS but I'll enquire further...

Old 08-23-2009, 03:28 PM
RAWHIDE07
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 37,793 Likes on 13,007 Posts

E still rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-23-2009, 03:30 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by RAWHIDE07
E still rides!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I saw him out for a ride today. Bigfoot was riding in the sidecar and Michael Jackson was riding on the back.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:45 PM
Red9
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by petert1401
I heard this story only last night at a BBQ given by a friend of mine. The guy in question is apparently a friend of a friend of his. I have no real evidence that the story is true, but here's how it was told to me :-

The guy (let's call him Dave), owned a Harley that he'd had for a good while. One day the electrics failed on him and, being no mechanic, phoned his local (UK) Harley dealer for help. The dealer took the details of the bike (chassis number etc), looked it up and determined that the bike was American spec and he would have to order the parts in from the USA.

A week later Dave got a call from the USA (can't remember whether he said Harley dealer or head office) who asked him to reiterate the bike registration details. He was then asked if he'd ever looked under the seat and, after admitting he'd never lifted the seat, was given instructions on how to do so.

Under the seat was, reputedly, a gold plaque with the inscription "To Elvis, Happy 21st Birthday, Johnny Cash"

He was reportedly offered $3 million for it on the spot. I was not told whether he accepted or not. It very likely complete BS but I'll enquire further...
lol
I have heard this story 100 times over the last 20 years.
Unbelievable what some people want to believe and will believe.
It's always a 'friend of a friend'...

Old 08-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well if that's true I bet it's gotta whole lotta shakin going on.

Old 08-24-2009, 12:00 AM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 345 Likes on 175 Posts

How about the guy who kept Elvis's first guitar that came from Tupelo Hardware in a closet for 20 years. That's a strange story too long to type but i saw that on TV several years ago. Don't know what ever happened to it but i bet he got some good $$$ for that one.

Quick Reply: Elvis Presley