General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Elvis Presley

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2009, 07:56 AM
piasspj
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 316 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by petert1401
I heard this story only last night at a BBQ given by a friend of mine. The guy in question is apparently a friend of a friend of his. I have no real evidence that the story is true, but here's how it was told to me :-

The guy (let's call him Dave), owned a Harley that he'd had for a good while. One day the electrics failed on him and, being no mechanic, phoned his local (UK) Harley dealer for help. The dealer took the details of the bike (chassis number etc), looked it up and determined that the bike was American spec and he would have to order the parts in from the USA.

A week later Dave got a call from the USA (can't remember whether he said Harley dealer or head office) who asked him to reiterate the bike registration details. He was then asked if he'd ever looked under the seat and, after admitting he'd never lifted the seat, was given instructions on how to do so.

Under the seat was, reputedly, a gold plaque with the inscription "To Elvis, Happy 21st Birthday, Johnny Cash"

He was reportedly offered $3 million for it on the spot. I was not told whether he accepted or not. It very likely complete BS but I'll enquire further...

I wouldn't believe it. Now, if the dealer had told him that it was going to cost a bundle to fix it and offered him a few thousand on trade in, I'd belive it.

Old 08-24-2009, 08:35 AM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 334 Likes on 203 Posts

Yes, it's true - I own Elvis' 2007 Super Glide...

Old 08-24-2009, 07:19 PM
hutch4
Cruiser
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Elvis had at least three Harleys. There are three on display at Graceland. We were there last December and saw them.