General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

211 Cam versus 255 Cam

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 PM
BillysGlide
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scanning?

Anyone know how to tell me to get a document scanned to add to forum? Got laptop hooked to printer with scanner, click on to scan, nothing happens..

Old 05-28-2009, 10:43 PM
SgtMic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 47 Posts

Have the drivers installed for the printer/ scanner.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:30 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the 211 cams installed w/o the head work last year and really noticed the difference. Howeve, I would NOT have thought I am getting those numbers. I am picking my bike up today after having the screaming eagle heads and pistons installed. I hope this was worth the extra 1500.00 I paid over just the cams.

Shakey

Old 05-29-2009, 08:23 PM
BillysGlide
5th Gear
Default Posting Dyno

Can anyone tell me how to change my file that I have my dyno at to convert for posting? Right now it is a TIF file. I have tried to convert and insert to forum, but keep getting 'wrong extension'??

Old 05-29-2009, 09:34 PM
BillysGlide
5th Gear
Default 211 Cam

Ok Guys,
Here is the Dyno! Only mods when I got the bike was Rhinehart exhausts, Big Sucker Air Kit, and screamin eagle race tuner. At that time, I was at 72 HP and 85 TQ. Just installed the 211 cam ONLY on Friday. Now I am at 95 HP and 99 TQ. Gained around 23 HP and 14 TQ!!

Attached Thumbnails 211 Cam versus 255 Cam-dynoo.jpg  

Last edited by BillysGlide; 05-29-2009 at 09:43 PM.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Sash302
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BillysGlide
Ok Guys,
Here is the Dyno! Only mods when I got the bike was Rhinehart exhausts, Big Sucker Air Kit, and screamin eagle race tuner. At that time, I was at 72 HP and 85 TQ. Just installed the 211 cam on Friday. Now I am at 95 HP and 99 TQ. Gained around 23 HP and 14 TQ!!
nice power band.!

Old 06-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BillysGlide
Ok Guys,
Here is the Dyno! Only mods when I got the bike was Rhinehart exhausts, Big Sucker Air Kit, and screamin eagle race tuner. At that time, I was at 72 HP and 85 TQ. Just installed the 211 cam ONLY on Friday. Now I am at 95 HP and 99 TQ. Gained around 23 HP and 14 TQ!!
Thats running extremely well for 211's in a stock compression motor. I live at high altitude and the only way to make the 211's work up at 6000-8000 feet above sealevel is headwork and compression. I hear lots of know it aall motor gurus downing the 211 cams.....Personally I love em' and dig the "Hit". I run mine in a 95" build in my Night Train with 10:5-1 compression and mildly ported heads with a 2-1 Rinehart.

Heres what mine did in two different scenarios. The red line is a 2-1 Rinehart and the blue line is a set of 2-2 Big shot staggerds...I much prefer the 2-1 power delivery as the TQ curve is way steeper out of the hole where it counts. Lost 2HP with the 2-1 but it pulls so much stronger with 2-1 by the time that HP means anything the 2-1 setup has pulled several bike lengths on the 2-2.

Keep in mind for you folks at sealevel or anything below say 3500 feet above sea-level your numbers will be close to 10% higher than this due to our altitude issues. So a sea-level 211 build with stock milled, mildly ported heads and the thinner .030 gasket, handmatched ring gaps, Will probably do 102Hp/120TQ. Having the stock heads milled and ported isnt much money for a whole lotta gain. 211's want compression and then they rip ***.
Name:  Scan_Pic0004.jpg
Views: 4262
Size:  100.9 KB

Name:  dynoo.jpg
Views: 4257
Size:  66.3 KB
So using Billys Dyno as a comparison if he simply adds a bit of compression via milling the stock heads (Will require adjustable pushrods) Will move that high RPM power delivery to the left which is good as the bike will be making power earlier and lower in the RPM range pulling stronger and not needing to be downshifted etc..etc.. Milling the heads is cheap. My guess is that Billy could drop maybe $600 and move all that power to the left along with making proably 10% more across the board at his altitude. That would be a $600 very well spent Billy especially with you on a heavier SG.

You would love the low end boost Billy!!!

Last edited by Chazmanian; 06-02-2009 at 10:54 AM.
Old 06-02-2009, 12:38 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Chazmanian
Thats running extremely well for 211's in a stock compression motor. I live at high altitude and the only way to make the 211's work up at 6000-8000 feet above sealevel is headwork and compression. I hear lots of know it aall motor gurus downing the 211 cams.....Personally I love em' and dig the "Hit". I run mine in a 95" build in my Night Train with 10:5-1 compression and mildly ported heads with a 2-1 Rinehart.

Heres what mine did in two different scenarios. The red line is a 2-1 Rinehart and the blue line is a set of 2-2 Big shot staggerds...I much prefer the 2-1 power delivery as the TQ curve is way steeper out of the hole where it counts. Lost 2HP with the 2-1 but it pulls so much stronger with 2-1 by the time that HP means anything the 2-1 setup has pulled several bike lengths on the 2-2.

Keep in mind for you folks at sealevel or anything below say 3500 feet above sea-level your numbers will be close to 10% higher than this due to our altitude issues. So a sea-level 211 build with stock milled, mildly ported heads and the thinner .030 gasket, handmatched ring gaps, Will probably do 102Hp/120TQ. Having the stock heads milled and ported isnt much money for a whole lotta gain. 211's want compression and then they rip ***.

So using Billys Dyno as a comparison if he simply adds a bit of compression via milling the stock heads (Will require adjustable pushrods) Will move that high RPM power delivery to the left which is good as the bike will be making power earlier and lower in the RPM range pulling stronger and not needing to be downshifted etc..etc.. Milling the heads is cheap. My guess is that Billy could drop maybe $600 and move all that power to the left along with making proably 10% more across the board at his altitude. That would be a $600 very well spent Billy especially with you on a heavier SG.

You would love the low end boost Billy!!!
Good numbers on BOTH set ups. 255 is gonna need R's to work, THUS the 211's gain outta the hole. IMFUO, ppl get all wrapped up in the HP #'s, but it's the torque that get's the work done.
Thanx for the post, guys. Good data to show ppl who want to spend way too much $$ to go not so fast.
I believe it is referred to as matching components.
There is an indy down the road in Cambridge, he can get more out of an 80" EVO, than most can out of 95" or bigger. And they will rock on forever.

Old 06-02-2009, 06:50 PM
Chazmanian
R.I.P. BROTHER
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I originally wanted an Evo Badboy.

Couldnt find one priced fairly so I located a Train.

Some days I love the Twinkie motor...Other days I miss the sound and simplicity of the venerable Evo. The world of pricey dyno tunes, fuel management systems, are here to stay though.

Old 06-02-2009, 09:01 PM
BillysGlide
5th Gear

Thanks guys for that extra info! I will definitely would love to go about $600 more and get that extra! I would still come out cheaper with more horsepower and torque over the whole Stage 1 setup!! I can definitely feel the difference know since my mods!!

Quick Reply: 211 Cam versus 255 Cam