General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MB rumbling with discontent as bikers leave

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 01:01 PM
kingCruiser
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They def got more out of those laws than just bikers pissed.

The fine new "No congregating in parkinglots" law, aimed at bikeweeks, now has it Illegal to Tailgate party at the Stadium for their sports teams. People were pissed to show up 4 hrs before the game only to be told it was not allowed any more. HAHAHAHA
Town council is going to review it.
So the local news down there said.

I went, I saw, It sucked!! FUMB

Old 05-18-2009, 01:16 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I believe it was the "Black Bike Week" that the residents didn't want. I don't blame them one bit.

http://blackbikeweekonline.com/home.php

Last edited by BadBobOk; 05-18-2009 at 01:18 PM.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:21 PM
confederate
Most Wanted
Received 806 Likes on 392 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBobOk
I believe it was the "Black Bike Week" that the residents didn't want. I don't blame them one bit.

Well now, maybe they just got tired of seeing those types pictured below in thongs and g-strings.

Attached Images  
Old 05-18-2009, 01:32 PM
BadBobOk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by confederate
Well now, maybe they just got tired of seeing those types pictured below in thongs and g-strings.
I suspect they probably did. I know I would.

Old 05-18-2009, 02:48 PM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBobOk

I've seen that theory advanced before. I have a hard time accepting it because of the broad stroke approach the MB council took to the issue. If what you are trying to do is stop the extreme behavior of some of the black bikers, I'm pretty sure MB already has laws against ****ing on car hoods in traffic, public urination and the rest of the assorted horror stories we've read about associated with the black bike week.

By passing the city specific ordinances it did, MB effectively announced they weren't interested in any MC rallies. If anything, I think the laws were targeted at the Harley crowd more than the crotch-rocketeers since (by my unscientific observation) Harley's are more likely to have a modified exhaust than a sport bike, and Harley riders are more likely to go without a helmet than a sportbiker (who spend big bucks on jazzy helmet designs and want to show them off).

Old 05-18-2009, 03:22 PM
Airborne06
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ToastedGoat
Why did you even join this forum or for that fact even buy a Harley? or did you.. You have no pics, or anything on your members page..

If it was trailer park trash, They wouldn't of had the money to even buy a Harley.

Oh also. . I know some very very fine people that live in Trailers.
One of them could probably buy you out several times over. He is a very very old man and very wealthy. Lives up north of Liberty Mo.

Trailer Park trash as you call them.. I'll hang with them and probably have more fun. Sounds like you are to **** retentive to hang out with anyways.

I think it is great that the boycott worked. We spend a lot of money on our bikes. We donate a lot of money to charities of all kinds. We put a lot of money into the local businesses at the rallies we have. Some of these people rely upon our money to stay in business.

Some people call us loud and obnoxious ...Really we are just having fun and are just a little bit of a rowdy crowd. No real harm done .

It's **** retentive Jack Offs that want everyone to look a certain way, dress a certain way, be quiet, conform conform conform. I'd rather be dead than to be so scared of life and of others little bit of noise..

When I get moved into the new place.(lots of acres) I think I am gonna put a mobile home on it and live in that.. I will be throwing lots of biker parties there, everyone will be invited, but you can't be an **** retentive a$$...or we are gonna get ya.
I agree the subject poster is likely a troll, but "Jack Offs" that want everyone to look a certain way"... "conform-conform-conform"? Dude, have you looked around you at a Harley dealer on any weekend or at any rally? Everyone has their little Harley "uniform" or pirate outfit on...gotta have a Harley T-shirt, vest, doo-rag, etc. Seems like all those "non-conforming rugged individualists" are all the same! Kinda ironic, isn't it?

Old 05-18-2009, 03:37 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,242 Likes on 1,492 Posts

Guess I am wondering where the good town folks (merchants) were when the city council voted the ordinance in blackballing the event. Live in a city of 1M+ and the downtown business owners are very vocal at city meeting that might affect their income.

Old 05-19-2009, 08:53 AM
Geoff
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 623 Likes on 388 Posts

Perhaps shunning the motorcycle rallies that helped build the local economy wasn't such a great idea.

Old 05-19-2009, 09:05 AM
jstreet0204
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
I've seen that theory advanced before. I have a hard time accepting it because of the broad stroke approach the MB council took to the issue. If what you are trying to do is stop the extreme behavior of some of the black bikers, I'm pretty sure MB already has laws against ****ing on car hoods in traffic, public urination and the rest of the assorted horror stories we've read about associated with the black bike week.

By passing the city specific ordinances it did, MB effectively announced they weren't interested in any MC rallies. If anything, I think the laws were targeted at the Harley crowd more than the crotch-rocketeers since (by my unscientific observation) Harley's are more likely to have a modified exhaust than a sport bike, and Harley riders are more likely to go without a helmet than a sportbiker (who spend big bucks on jazzy helmet designs and want to show them off).

This has been covered before. MB tried to target BBW several years before the broad stroke approach. They changed traffic patterns to try route them around the city, which the did not do with the Harley weeks. Many businesses tried to simply close down during that week. Thats when the NAACP stepped in and filed law suites. MB caved and decided to target all three bike weeks. http://www.naacp.com/news/press/2008-05-22/index.htm

Old 05-19-2009, 09:20 AM
DaddyKnuck
Extreme HDF Member
Received 1,659 Likes on 944 Posts

Originally Posted by jstreet0204
This has been covered before. MB tried to target BBW several years before the broad stroke approach. They changed traffic patterns to try route them around the city, which the did not do with the Harley weeks. Many businesses tried to simply close down during that week. Thats when the NAACP stepped in and filed law suites. MB caved and decided to target all three bike weeks. http://www.naacp.com/news/press/2008-05-22/index.htm
Whatever MB tried in the past is not relevant to today's situation. It is strained logic to think that they would kill all the rallies because they don't like blacks. If the blacks are breaking laws, enforce them and they will comply with the laws, or stay away from the rally. I don't think the laws the blcak riders were violating had to do with exhaust noise. Sportbike riders seem to be less likely to have loud exhausts and more likely to have expensive helmets than Harley riders. If this entire exercise was designed to get rid of the black bikers it may backfire completely on the city.

Quick Reply: MB rumbling with discontent as bikers leave