General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Service bikes left outside????

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:12 AM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

That is just not right.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:20 AM
1flhtk4me
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 65 Posts

The dealers around here park them indoors at night.
Leaving my bike outside during a storm and having it get messed up would **** me off.

Old 06-07-2009, 07:54 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

I'd find another dealer

Old 06-07-2009, 08:17 AM
EdwardK
Road Warrior
Received 304 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I have been caught riding but not parked in the rain since then and not had condensate form.
I've had condensate form many times, after rain, after washing. I think a lot of that has to do with the humidity and the heat here on the Texas Gulf Coast. Any moisture at all under the glass and the speedo turns into a terrarium, but it's always dried out and worked fine. I was more concerned about how being in the rain would cause the display to fail. They are supposed to be able to with stand any down pour.

Either way, it was pretty sh!tty to leave the bike out overnight. If nothing else, just for the security.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:27 AM
stevengb
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dstegjas
My bike is garaged at home and I certainly don't leave it out in storms unless I happen to get caught in one. If I found out that my dealer was leaving my bike outside over night I would be pretty upset about it. Fortuniately my dealer keeps them inside and washes all bikes before the customer picks them up at no charge.

Sounds like you might need to find another dealer.

Jim
at a minimum of 65 bucks an hour...I'd say they CHARGE plenty to wash the bikes up.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:39 AM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

And this offending dealer is who? ....Inquiring minds want to know.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:04 AM
dstegjas
Tourer
Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by stevengb
at a minimum of 65 bucks an hour...I'd say they CHARGE plenty to wash the bikes up.
The shops rate will be charge whether they wash your bike or not. It is a courtesy that they provide to their customers. Many dealers do not provide this service and charge the same hourly rate as those that do. If I had to make a decision on which dealer I was going to take my bike too .... which I do. It will be taken to a dealer that I trust and one that takes care of my bike as I do. Yes, that could be as simple as washing it before I pick it up.

Jim

Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 AM
sgarrity
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the info guys. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't off base. I'm not going to name the dealer until they've had the chance to make it right and I've talked to the service manager. I will say that up to this point their customer service has been top notch and they did seem interested in trying to make me happy.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:56 AM
street_glider
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

You've got more class than me. I'd burn first, post remedy if they provide one, second. They are only going to fix it cause they got caught, if they even fix..everything the rain has damaged. It could be way down the road when things go haywire. Just my opinion, I respect yours though. Hope it works out well.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
DannyZ71
Extreme HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Okay, maybe this is the scenerio. They tell you the bike is ready, and you say you'll pick it up. They are closing and since you're not there yet, but will supposedly pick it up, they leave it out for you. Then the monsoon hits, and you change your mind. They weren't there, and you didn't call them.

Then on Saturday you go and pick it up and notice all this.

If this is the way it happened, I can't really place any blame anywhere. Had you showed up and the bike was locked up inside, you'd be just as pissed as you are now.

At least they're willing to make it right. I'm only guessing that this occurred this way, maybe it didn't.

Quick Reply: Service bikes left outside????