General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Ride

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 09:26 AM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 10 Posts
Default First Ride

Gave one of my neices her first motorcycle ride the other day. She rode like a veteran passenger. When she got off of the bike, she marched into the house and announced that "her husband WILL own a Harley-Davidson!" Uncle just had to stand there and beam proudly.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:28 AM
Funnygirl
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HA!

SHE needs to own one!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Funnygirl
HA!

SHE needs to own one!
Exactly!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:30 AM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member

LOL...a bike or a husband?

Old 07-08-2009, 09:32 AM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member

I did tell her that she was a natural and did indeed need to own her own bike one day. She just smiled, pretty broadly.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:35 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator
Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Royce
LOL...a bike or a husband?
The bike of course, silly.

Old 07-08-2009, 09:43 AM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member

Agree!

Old 07-08-2009, 09:51 AM
tda69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yeah, some people are just born to ride. I've ridden a few passengers on my bike in the past and I find that some struggle with the concept of staying neutral and the whole balance thing. Then there are others who just hop on for the very first time and they're like some kind of professional. One day after work, a co-worker asked to go for a ride on the back of my '03 Ultra. She's very nice, petite and kind of cute....I just couldn't resist. We went for a short ride 15..20 minutes tops, but it was great! I told her she could ride with me anytime. The best part was when she got on and got off the bike. Perfectly balanced and didn't pull me and the bike down. She claims it's because she used to be a dancer (ballet). Whichever the case, she sure knew how to ride and this sparked her interest to buy a Sportster and take the MSF course.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:04 AM
Royce
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by tda69
Yeah, some people are just born to ride. I've ridden a few passengers on my bike in the past and I find that some struggle with the concept of staying neutral and the whole balance thing. Then there are others who just hop on for the very first time and they're like some kind of professional. One day after work, a co-worker asked to go for a ride on the back of my '03 Ultra. She's very nice, petite and kind of cute....I just couldn't resist. We went for a short ride 15..20 minutes tops, but it was great! I told her she could ride with me anytime. The best part was when she got on and got off the bike. Perfectly balanced and didn't pull me and the bike down. She claims it's because she used to be a dancer (ballet). Whichever the case, she sure knew how to ride and this sparked her interest to buy a Sportster and take the MSF course.
Yep, exact same feeling. I was a little apprehensive about taking her out since she'd never ridden before, but she was a pro. I think similar to your co-worker's dancing abilities, my neice is quite an athlete and has great balance which helped considerably. I originally planned to take her out for about 20 minutes, but we were gone for 45 and I think she'd have been happy to stay on for another 45, if not longer.

Old 07-08-2009, 10:15 AM
Scooter68
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes having a good passenger is the best. That is cool though your neice was that good at a young age.

Quick Reply: First Ride