General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Punched the driver right in the face.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2009, 08:19 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Punched the driver right in the face.

I understand his frustration, but I guess this sends a message not to assault the cagers. This was about 10 miles from me.

An Ottawa man is accused of punching a driver with whom he had a traffic crash last month.

Chris A. Jones, 1502 W. Jackson St., is charged with battery; a court hearing is set for Tuesday, July 21 in Associate Judge William Balestri's courtroom. The case was assigned to Circuit Judge H. Chris Ryan Jr., but Ryan recused himself and the case was reassigned to Balestri. The state's attorney's office sent notice to Jones around July 1, telling him the charge was filed and giving him the court date.

At 1:59 p.m. June 14, Jones was driving a motorcycle north on State Street, along with 43-year-old Becky L. Jones, of the same address as Chris. The Joneses were on separate motorcycles. At the intersection with Glover Street, they collided with a car driven by Lee K. Ilgen, 613 Magnolia Lane. The Joneses were taken to Ottawa Regional Hospital.

Using his fist, the 49-year-old Chris Jones then hit the 67-year-old Ilgen in his face, according to the state's attorney's office. Ilgen was later charged with disobeying a stop sign.

http://www.mywebtimes.com/archives/o....php?id=383945

Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM
oldmanwayne
Road Captain
Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I can understand his frustration. Jones did what all of us say we would like to do and now faces battery charges. What would I have done? Probably would depend on the attitude of the guy that ran the stop sign- wish there was more info. on this story!

Old 07-14-2009, 08:39 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

The guy he hit was 67, could have killed him. Sure this will come into play.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:42 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same here it depends on the the cagers additude about the whole thing, $hit Happens and if it was an accident and he did everything he could to appologize I would not have hit him, but if he smarted off and try to make it look my fault or something then I would have punched him as well.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:43 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master

Originally Posted by masterblaster
The guy he hit was 67, could have killed him. Sure this will come into play.
he dont know how hard he hit him? I agree attitude goes a long way. I have been tempted to throw stuff or my helmet at cars.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:45 AM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well now 67 is kinda old for me to fight with, I would feel pretty bad about myself if I would have slugged him, unless the old man got out and wanted to fight then????? maybe if it looked like he could put up a good fight

Old 07-14-2009, 08:56 AM
remike
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'll be 67 next monday and if ,when I am in my cage and do something stupid that results in harming a fellow biker. I hope someone punches me in the face.

Old 07-14-2009, 08:58 AM
Johnnyiroc
Road Master

Originally Posted by Deadbroke_bootleg
Well now 67 is kinda old for me to fight with, I would feel pretty bad about myself if I would have slugged him, unless the old man got out and wanted to fight then????? maybe if it looked like he could put up a good fight
Clint Eastwood is older than that, and I am quite sure he could still put up a good fight.

Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
bksmoky
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is another from Lacrosse WI.
Published - Tuesday, July 14, 2009

POST COMMENT | READ COMMENTS (15 comment(s))

Motorcyclist accused of punching driver
By ANNE JUNGEN | ajungen@lacrossetribune.com

Criminal charges are pending against a motorcyclist who police say punched a driver he claimed cut him off Sunday.

Michael Anthony, 59, of Houston, Minn., told La Crosse police he was near Woodman’s in Onalaska about 3 p.m. when a vehicle darted into his lane.
Anthony followed the vehicle west onto Interstate 90 and flashed his middle finger at the driver, reports stated. He continued to follow as the vehicle exited to the Kwik Trip at 1333 Rose St.

The two argued outside the gas station, Anthony said, before the other driver swung at him, reports stated.

Anthony then struck the man twice in the face, according to reports.

The other driver told police Anthony confronted him outside Kwik Trip, shoved him into a brick wall and punched him in the nose. He had a small cut on his nose but refused medical attention.

He denied attempting to hit Anthony. A witness confirmed the man’s version of the fight, according to reports.

Anthony was arrested on charges of battery and disorderly conduct and released on a signature bond. He is due in La Crosse County Circuit Court at a later date.
http://www.lacrossetribune.com/artic.../z01rage14.txt

Old 07-14-2009, 09:07 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Agree on the attitude thing and for some of you younger ones 67 don't mean old and decrepit .. Took 4 of us boys to pull my Grandfather off the the tractor after had a heart attack at 80 and the Doctor's orders were no more Tractor for him..

Quick Reply: Punched the driver right in the face.