General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Billy lane update

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2009, 09:27 AM
FL DEUCE
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 07-21-2009, 09:38 AM
JayStronghawk
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

He should do time .. but bet he gets off with probation...

Last edited by JayStronghawk; 07-21-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 07-21-2009, 09:53 AM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

How the hell is that possible. I went to school with a guy that got 7 years for DUI and crashing that ultimately killed a girl that was driving with him.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:09 AM
ALPHA_MALE
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can get you anything just ask MJ and OJ

Old 07-21-2009, 10:25 AM
Sick1200
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ALPHA_MALE
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can get you anything just ask MJ and OJ
Ummmm, I don't know how to break this to you man.....but......MJ is dead.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:33 AM
sleepman54
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brutalbrad
How the hell is that possible. I went to school with a guy that got 7 years for DUI and crashing that ultimately killed a girl that was driving with him.
Read the whole article, he reached an undisclosed settlement with the family of the person he killed. Which means he paid them off so that they would agree with the plea bargain. Same thing that Donte Stallworth pulled down in Miami earlier this year. Kill someone while DUI and all you gotta do is payoff the family.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:43 AM
TXCOMMISH
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dude's a loser. Was a loser, is a loser. Needs to be put under the jail. I hate drunk drivers. Go ahead, drink like a fish, get plastered, life's good. But, stay home & don't drive.

Old 07-21-2009, 10:58 AM
CrackOfDawn
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gotta vent.

Unfortunately, this is much bigger than just the case involving Billy. Dammit, I am so sick and tired of excuses from people that are suppossed "celebrities". Proof is one thing: Ok, OJ did it, but the evidence did not support it enough to convict him in court. I don't agree with the judgement, but that is irrelevant, Lucky him I guess. DUI death cases should be open and closed. No payoffs. Payoffs keep putting out the illusion that public figures are special. **** that. I'll give anyone their props. if they deserve it, but you are no more special than anyone else.

When a drunk driver kills someone, there is no "circumstance" that should determine the extent of the punishment. How can it be called an accident. It was a choice. You were drinking, over the limit, you drove, you killed someone. Period. It could have been an accident if he was not drunk and did not see the biker, yeah, accidents do happen. But when drunk, you lost your chance to say what the hell happened. He is just another dumb ****er that chose to drink and drive. And he probably would not argue that point, but I'm sure he would and is doing whatever he can to save his ***, who wouldn't. Don't want to see this happen to anyone, but him being a biker, celebrity, or anyone else, should never weigh in.

Wow, I needed that. My blood pressure just went down 20 points.

Old 07-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Tat2dGooch
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CrackOfDawn
Gotta vent.

Unfortunately, this is much bigger than just the case involving Billy. Dammit, I am so sick and tired of excuses from people that are suppossed "celebrities". Proof is one thing: Ok, OJ did it, but the evidence did not support it enough to convict him in court. I don't agree with the judgement, but that is irrelevant, Lucky him I guess. DUI death cases should be open and closed. No payoffs. Payoffs keep putting out the illusion that public figures are special. **** that. I'll give anyone their props. if they deserve it, but you are no more special than anyone else.

When a drunk driver kills someone, there is no "circumstance" that should determine the extent of the punishment. How can it be called an accident. It was a choice. You were drinking, over the limit, you drove, you killed someone. Period. It could have been an accident if he was not drunk and did not see the biker, yeah, accidents do happen. But when drunk, you lost your chance to say what the hell happened. He is just another dumb ****er that chose to drink and drive. And he probably would not argue that point, but I'm sure he would and is doing whatever he can to save his ***, who wouldn't. Don't want to see this happen to anyone, but him being a biker, celebrity, or anyone else, should never weigh in.

Wow, I needed that. My blood pressure just went down 20 points.
+1 I agree

Old 07-21-2009, 11:16 AM
69z28
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems money can get you out of anything,it's a shame but that seems the case here too.

Quick Reply: Billy lane update