General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lil Joes Legendary Leathers? Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 07:45 AM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i been looking at them as i need a new one but its one of them things i cant really justify spending $300 on an article of clothing. Im sure its quality justifys its price but im a cheap bastard *read single dad on disability pension* so $300 for a vest just isnt in the budget. LOL and by the time you factor in duties, taxes and currency exhange im into $400+ LOL

Old 05-17-2011, 10:08 PM
kahoop
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well your not paying for customer service from lil Joe's.

Old 05-17-2011, 11:55 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member

Originally Posted by NitroShark
FYI, I got my vest today and I wish I would've ordered 2 sizes larger. I ordered an x-large but it looks like I should've ordered a 2x. Compared to my old x-large vest, this one is quite a bit smaller.

On the possitive side, this is a really good looking vest. Very well made.
Call them up and exchange it for the size you want.

Old 05-18-2011, 06:25 AM
brenn
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by sonar_chris
If you do it on a percentage basis, I think you'll find HD depreciates more than a lot of metric bikes. Your HD will sell for more money than a metric, but will depreciate a larger percentage in the same amount of time since HD builds bikes to demand now.
I've bought 3 used Harleys in the last 3 years, so plenty of time looking at used bikes in many different places - you are worng, best I can tell. It's shocking how close used HD prices are to brand new, even a couple of years down the road.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:40 PM
vtwin1340
Club Member

Originally Posted by Del-Ray
Well here is my 2cents worth . . .

We used to buy from lil joe (lil joe senkir of HA LEATHER ) when it was his company (2003 and earler) and quality as well as taken care off business (we the customers) made it all worth the cost which was allways $350 -$450 for a vest depending on options and custom work like side laces, holsters etc.

Todays little joes . . . is somthin eles

Here are some recent experences I found easily doing a google search.

They look like they are fukin a lot of us over,like when you are sending your "guaranteed 4 life vest in then they won't fix it because you "modified" it that day someone (administrater of there lil joes legendary leathers website) goes and changes the words to screw a guy just trying to get his chit fixed.

Check out the links below

http://blacklist.org/complaint/291/

http://blacklist.org/companies/Lil_Joes_Legendary_Leather/139/

http://www.complaintsboard.com/bycompany/lil-joes-legendary-leather-denim-
motorcycle-biker-vest-a188085.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/lil-joes-legendary-leather-denim-motorcycle-biker-vest-c279246.html

After reading these I'm glad it only took us getting burned once a few years ago to never buy lil joes again.

They all can't be wrong.

Money is tight,we can't let slicksters like this pull chit and not pay the price . . . freeze em out.

If you don't know of them try " 415 " leather under 415 clothing,make a lot leather + for 81 all made in california
There is only four people in these threads combined complaining. These are the same discussions repeated. Since you only have two posts, it wouldn't surprise me if you were on of them, or you are not intelligent enough to decipher this.

Old 05-18-2011, 04:46 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

I have a L'il Joes vest now and am the person who originally started the thread under a different name. I avhe been wearing it for about 2 eyars. It is high qulaity and seems it will last forever. I constantly compare it to the likes of other brands I see and it is far nicer. I sell them as well at a discount, but they are still not in expensive item.

Before you neigh say a product I implore you to try it yourself.

Drew