General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Indian "Cash for Clunkers"

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 12:11 PM
Cosmic Razorback
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,824 Likes on 6,915 Posts

While expensive the wife and I would buy one in a heart beat if we had the funds available.

It is one of the most comfortable bikes I have sit on. I like the low center of gravity and light feel and I like the longer wheel base. Add to that the look which to me is simply very cool and it is a winner. There is nothing to add to these bikes because you don't want to change the look and they come already chromed out. With the Harley the first thing most do is change the stock seat. The seat on these Indian's is extremely high quality and comfortable.

My first question was regarding service if you are away from this area or a dealership. They told me that they have worked our service deals across the nation with INDY's and if you are broke down requirig a part that it would be next day aired to the local Indy and they would cover a hotel for the night.

From what I understand the folks that own this company are from Great Brittian and are the same people that brought Triumph back to life and a few other iconic companies from the past. They are rumored to have very deep pockets and I would guess based on what I have been told they can make this thing work.

They built 50 motorcycles the first year and I think were shooting for 100 this year.

I will say the fit and finish far exceed anything I have see from Harley.

Funny but I just got an email from Harley about an hour ago and they have a promotion. Kind of funny if you ask me it is a three part promotion.

1) Give them your money
2) Ride
3) Tell others about it

http://freecountry.harley-davidson.c...try&camp_id=16

Old 09-02-2009, 12:27 PM
carpetride
Elite HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Heap big wampum. Many moons must pass before iron ponies with fire in belly can be trusted.
Need more dealer tepees to tend to the tired and wounded mounts.

Last edited by carpetride; 09-02-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:49 PM
fastjoe
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

The Indians are nice, but I prefer the looks of most Harley models better. Also, for the price difference you could add a LOT of extras to a Harley. The new Indians are for people who A. love the traditional Indian styling, and B. have deep pockets.

Old 09-02-2009, 12:58 PM
screamn_eagle
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUDES!!!!! it's just a sales gimmick. the new ownership has enough margin to throw 3 grand at each bike. indian has been in and out of business 3 or 4 times since i have been alive and who knows how many more lives they have left. they are over priced and under engineered. YES they look cool, but i would rather PUSH MY HARLEY THAN RIDE AN INDIAN!

Old 09-02-2009, 01:12 PM
THABULL
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
While expensive the wife and I would buy one in a heart beat if we had the funds available.

It is one of the most comfortable bikes I have sit on. I like the low center of gravity and light feel and I like the longer wheel base. Add to that the look which to me is simply very cool and it is a winner. There is nothing to add to these bikes because you don't want to change the look and they come already chromed out. With the Harley the first thing most do is change the stock seat. The seat on these Indian's is extremely high quality and comfortable.

My first question was regarding service if you are away from this area or a dealership. They told me that they have worked our service deals across the nation with INDY's and if you are broke down requirig a part that it would be next day aired to the local Indy and they would cover a hotel for the night.

From what I understand the folks that own this company are from Great Brittian and are the same people that brought Triumph back to life and a few other iconic companies from the past. They are rumored to have very deep pockets and I would guess based on what I have been told they can make this thing work.

They built 50 motorcycles the first year and I think were shooting for 100 this year.

I will say the fit and finish far exceed anything I have see from Harley.

Funny but I just got an email from Harley about an hour ago and they have a promotion. Kind of funny if you ask me it is a three part promotion.

1) Give them your money
2) Ride
3) Tell others about it

http://freecountry.harley-davidson.c...try&camp_id=16
+1 on the fit and fiinish , up close you can tell these bikes where not built on some mass production line , the quality on the outside is 2nd to none! IMO

Old 09-02-2009, 04:26 PM
TwiggyAZ
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I want this one!

Old 09-02-2009, 05:55 PM
duoglider
Road Warrior
Received 300 Likes on 181 Posts

I wonder how an Indian Bomber would handle with a sidecar?

Old 09-02-2009, 08:07 PM
dcobra23
Tourer
Default Indian was my first

I had an Indian for my first bike. I am riding a harley now. It is so much better now.

My wife is 50% Mohawk pure bread and thats more than enough indian for me!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:50 PM
Jim Dawson
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiggyAZ
I want this one!

If it wasn't for the butt ugly fender skirts, fishtails, and drive shaft it wouldn't look too bad. I will admit that it looks better than a Victory Vision.

Old 09-03-2009, 11:17 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Very nice bikes, few dealers and over priced.

Quick Reply: Indian "Cash for Clunkers"