General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Double Barrel Q series pipes feedback....

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 03:53 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,434 Likes on 874 Posts

Originally Posted by Juve996
OK, it's done.. Just got done installing the Big Shots baffles on the DB longs.

WOW, these pipes really sound good now..
A bit louder compared to the stock Q Series baffles (about 4-5db at least) but sound real good. Well worth the 65.00 for the replacement baffles.

Now it sounds like a Harley.. Man, that V&H sound is unmistakable..

OK, so what I'm hearing is you like sound better with the Big Shot baffles. So why not just go with Big Shots from day 1 for me with the stock baffles? I'm thinking the Big Shots will sound similar to the Big Radius which I have on the 06 Std. I usually ride the Heritage with my wife & would like to tone it done just a little....so....Big Shots normal or quiet baffles or Double Barrels. What to do, what to do. Screw it, I'm going for a ride.

Old 09-05-2009, 04:41 PM
Juve996
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by golfblues
OK, so what I'm hearing is you like sound better with the Big Shot baffles. So why not just go with Big Shots from day 1 for me with the stock baffles? I'm thinking the Big Shots will sound similar to the Big Radius which I have on the 06 Std. I usually ride the Heritage with my wife & would like to tone it done just a little....so....Big Shots normal or quiet baffles or Double Barrels. What to do, what to do. Screw it, I'm going for a ride.
Well, I have no point of reference as I don't have two bikes side by side to compare. They may be the same loudness but from what the guys at V&H told me the DB Longs with these baffles are at about 94db (they actually seem a bit louder than this) compared to 90db with the stock baffles. The BSS and BSL are at 104db and the BSR are at around 106db (they told me this is the loudest pipe they make).

If you want just a little louder stick with the DBL with the stock baffles. I just wanted just a tad louder and I got that with the replacement baffles.

BTW, to answer your question as to why didn't I just go with the BSL's, I like the end cut of the DBL. I didn't like the stright cut of the BSL's even though they do offer the slash cut I didn't like the look.

You know like this;
.|___
.|___ No..

.\___
.\___ No..

.\___
..\___ Yes.. I just like this look..

Last edited by Juve996; 09-06-2009 at 10:20 PM.
Old 09-09-2009, 05:19 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Hey Juve, I found the Double Barrels (regulars, not longs) #18001 on ebay & they are on the way. Brand new for 275 shipped. The seller bought them for himself but never put them on. I figured I can't go wrong unless they're fakes. LOL. I'll be away so it will be about 10 days before they are on. I'll let you know how I like them. Thanks for all the info.

Old 09-20-2009, 07:57 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I got the pipes yesterday & installed them this morning. V&H Double Barrels #18001. They look great on the Heritage & have a nice deep sound. Not as loud as the Rush 2.0's I had on the bike but I definatly like the sound better. I re-programmed the Fuelpak for the pipes & took it out fo 30 minutes & I was very pleased. Great pipes & at the price I got them for they are even better. Thanks all!

Old 09-21-2009, 10:46 AM
centennialfatboy
Cruiser

Any pics or better yet a sound bite of the new pipes golf? Did you change the baffles to the BSS Q baffles? I really like these pipes for something different to the same old same old.

Thanks

Old 09-21-2009, 11:21 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by centennialfatboy
Any pics or better yet a sound bite of the new pipes golf? Did you change the baffles to the BSS Q baffles? I really like these pipes for something different to the same old same old.

Thanks

I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow. I just got back from vacation & need to catch up.

Old 09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
Juve996
Road Captain

Thanks
Hey cent..

I believe golf installed the same pipes you see on mine, I installed the BSS Q baffles and although a bit loud, I can deal with them. They sound good, look good and perform very well. They now operate with a bit more crack and bark a bit louder.

I like the look of these pipes a lot on the Heritage..

Old 09-21-2009, 12:39 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

Hey cent..

I believe golf installed the same pipes you see on mine, I installed the BSS Q baffles and although a bit loud, I can deal with them. They sound good, look good and perform very well. They now operate with a bit more crack and bark a bit louder.

I didn't get the longs. Mine are a little shorter & probably a little louder than the longs because of the length. They have the standard double barrel baffles.

Old 09-21-2009, 02:48 PM
centennialfatboy
Cruiser

Hey cent..

I really like the longs but from what I can tell, they don't make them for pre-2007 bikes so the standard length is what I will prob. have to go with. I wish I could find some good sound bites of them. I think I found one on Youtube so I may have to go search again. I'd like to hear them with the baffles you used. Any chances?

Originally Posted by golfblues
I didn't get the longs. Mine are a little shorter & probably a little louder than the longs because of the length. They have the standard double barrel baffles.
Yeah, I'd like to see some pics and sound if you can. If it's a hassle no big deal for either of you guys.

Old 09-21-2009, 03:12 PM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member

I really like the longs but from what I can tell, they don't make them for pre-2007 bikes so the standard length is what I will prob. have to go with. I wish I could find some good sound bites of them. I think I found one on Youtube so I may have to go search again. I'd like to hear them with the baffles you used. Any chances?

Yeah, I'd like to see some pics and sound if you can. If it's a hassle no big deal for either of you guys.

No hassle, I just need a few minutes to roll it out but we have a wake tonight so give me a day or two.

Quick Reply: V&H Double Barrel Q series pipes feedback....