General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cherokee Survivors Motorcycle Rally

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 09:29 PM
moonlighter64
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cherokee Survivors Motorcycle Rally

Has anyone been to the Cherokee Survivors Rally in Cherokee NC? I was thinking about making a quick trip over from Memphis next weekend. Any info would be helpful.

Old 09-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Captain Itch
Sponsor
Received 602 Likes on 325 Posts

We have been there for the Spring Rally as vendors, and loved the place. Beautiful area with excellent riding routes, very nice people, and just a great event.

It is held at the Cherokee Fairgrounds, and the people in charge do an outstanding job in keeping the place clean. There are lots of games, contests, and of course great bands with MOTORHEAD as the headliner this time.

So if you decide to go, please come by our booth. We always like to hang out and talk motorcycles. We go there to enjoy ourselves, and meet new people.
If you show up on Friday, you can toast with me to my 50th Birthday...yep, I'm that old...but still young at heart.
I uploaded some pic for you. Hope to see you there.

Isabel

PS: We might even have some riding friends there from our Motorcycle Collective, the "DoofClenas". If so, that'll be fun the whole 9 yards. So come and join us.

Attached Thumbnails Cherokee Survivors Motorcycle Rally-img00244-20090425-1328.jpg   Cherokee Survivors Motorcycle Rally-img00243-20090425-1328.jpg   Cherokee Survivors Motorcycle Rally-img00241-20090425-1327.jpg  

Old 09-06-2009, 11:28 AM
HogD
Advanced

I am thinking about heading down there from Northern Indiana. Planning on a 3 - 4 weekend, so hope rally will be worth it. Ride alone will be great just to get back down in that area. Haven't had much of a chance to ride this summer. Little jaunts here and there. So the wife gave me the go ahead to go to this rally. Need a nice long ride. Is it no alcohol on grounds? Also a few names of any nice campgrounds nearby would be appreciated. I plan on leaving very early Friday morning so I reach Cherokee in afternoon. I figure about 11 hr ride. Don't want to drive thru mountains at night on bike. Car was nervy enough. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated

Dave

Old 03-04-2010, 04:04 PM
Slopneck
Road Master

A group of us will be heading there next month for the rally. We'll look for your booth!

Old 03-04-2010, 04:08 PM
goosehead
Advanced

Originally Posted by HogD
I am thinking about heading down there from Northern Indiana. Planning on a 3 - 4 weekend, so hope rally will be worth it. Ride alone will be great just to get back down in that area. Haven't had much of a chance to ride this summer. Little jaunts here and there. So the wife gave me the go ahead to go to this rally. Need a nice long ride. Is it no alcohol on grounds? Also a few names of any nice campgrounds nearby would be appreciated. I plan on leaving very early Friday morning so I reach Cherokee in afternoon. I figure about 11 hr ride. Don't want to drive thru mountains at night on bike. Car was nervy enough. Any thoughts or suggestions will be appreciated

Dave
We always stay at the KOA.
http://www.koa.com/where/nc/33173/

Old 03-04-2010, 04:16 PM
xxxflhrci
Extreme HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts

I've been and find that the rally ain't all that, IMO. The fairgrounds is a pretty small place.....However, just visting the area is worth the trip.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:34 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
I've been and find that the rally ain't all that, IMO. The fairgrounds is a pretty small place.....However, just visting the area is worth the trip.
I'm with you on that one. A trip to Cherokee is on
my list once or twice a year. No need for a rally to
find that area interesting. One of my favorite places
in the south east.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:46 PM
cHarley
Club Member
Received 299 Likes on 228 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxflhrci
+1 - The best time riding wise to be in the area, is when there's NOT a rally or when the kiddies and their families are clogging the roads during summer vacation.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:49 PM
Snarly
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cHarley
+1 - The best time riding wise to be in the area, is when there's NOT a rally or when the kiddies and their families are clogging the roads during summer vacation.

I found the worst time was when the leaves
were changing in the fall. It's bumper to bumper
where ever you go and accommodations are scarce.
I like spring, up until school lets out. But it's still
good anytime.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:54 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Anyplace in the Smokies is terrible when the leaf peepers are out. Summer gets kinda busy too. the rally can get a little "spirited" when the sun goes down. Better than the dealers rally in Maggie Valley

Bub

Quick Reply: Cherokee Survivors Motorcycle Rally