General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Soon on my way to California!

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2009, 09:58 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Soon on my way to California!

I'm really happy to say that I'll be leaving in 8 days for my trip to California organized by the Amazon Heart foundation. I first signed up in January when my health was better but until 2 weeks ago, I didn't think I would make it. I usually ride every day but I've been pretty much house-bound for the past couple of months with bad side effects from a new chemotherapy treatment. I know if I don't do this trip, I will regret it forever so I will go to bed early every night and take my pain pills religiously so I can do the 1000 miles trip in 10 days up to coast from LA to San Francisco.

I want to thank the great support (financially and psychologically!) that I've received from the members of this forum. The bond we have as bikers (and I have to say Harley-Davidson bikers) is amazing on this site.

A small group from here is planning on gathering at Bartel's Harley-Davidson in Marina Del Rey to see the ride take off on October 2nd at noon.

You can see the ride schedule at http://www.amazonheart.org/AHThunder...eschedule.html

I'll be the only participant with a Canadian flag on her helmet...

Thanks everybody! I'll post some pictures under the road trips forum when I get back.

Linda

Old 09-21-2009, 10:09 AM
Intrepid175
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Linda,

Best of luck to you on the ride. I know you'll have a great time. I've got to say that I am "so" impressed with cancer patients. I've got a friend in Seattle who's been through the ringer with a couple of forms of cancer and, bless her, she's still going strong. She's also in remission right now and things are looking good for her.

Please know you'll be in my prayers!

Good luck & Ride Safe,
Steve R.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:14 AM
ULTRA Gramps
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride Safe pretty Lady!

Old 09-21-2009, 10:22 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by Intrepid175
Hi Linda,

Best of luck to you on the ride. I know you'll have a great time. I've got to say that I am "so" impressed with cancer patients. I've got a friend in Seattle who's been through the ringer with a couple of forms of cancer and, bless her, she's still going strong. She's also in remission right now and things are looking good for her.

Please know you'll be in my prayers!

Good luck & Ride Safe,
Steve R.
Thank you for your encouragement. It's amazing to see people find the will and the courage to go on under all kinds of difficult situations.

I've had cancer for 10 years and there is no remission for me yet: it's in my bones, my liver and lymph nodes. But I'm still riding. It's my own therapy !

Old 09-21-2009, 10:37 AM
joe.1955
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 72 Likes on 45 Posts

Congratulations Linda, glad you're feeling up to making the ride.

Old 09-21-2009, 10:44 AM
MATUCHI
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Come on down! Be prepared for the lane sharers down here. Most motorcycles split lanes when the traffic backs up while others split most of the time. You can be startled the first time someone rides by you in your lane, but it's done all the time. Good Luck!

Old 09-21-2009, 10:52 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Good luck and have a great time!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:07 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by MATUCHI
Come on down! Be prepared for the lane sharers down here. Most motorcycles split lanes when the traffic backs up while others split most of the time. You can be startled the first time someone rides by you in your lane, but it's done all the time. Good Luck!
I'm going to be riding with 28 other bikes some of them beginners.... do you really think I'll be splitting lanes ?????

But secretly, I'm hoping that I can get away on my own (I'll be on a rental) and try it. Splitting lane is on my bucket list!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:09 AM
Softail Girl
Road Master

Originally Posted by joe.1955
Congratulations Linda, glad you're feeling up to making the ride.
Thanks Joe. I'll be happy to get another ride in the sun before our winter sets in yet.

I'm still hoping to get to go on another Fly & Ride this winter and I've been looking at Arizona again!

Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
petemac
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you haven't been to southern AZ yet, check it out. Tucson, Tombstone, Bisbee and that whole area is beautiful.

Quick Reply: Soon on my way to California!