General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmets for Cruisers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2019, 03:02 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by FNGonaRK
I give the guy's I ride with hard time over anything I can find and if they change because of it, I'll give them a hard time about that. If you don't know who you are, stay the hell away from me. If you do, own it and we'll laugh and have a great time. Someone that bucks up over a good natured ribbing ain't gonna make it long in my circle.

Sooooooo true

Old 02-11-2019, 03:03 PM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 296 Likes on 176 Posts

Originally Posted by polbit
And we never landed on the moon, and Earth is flat too, right?

Maybe in your "world".

Old 02-11-2019, 03:44 PM
alii1959
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Me, I hate bug, rocks, etc. in the face so.......it just eliminates one more thing to interfere with my ability to control the machine. Plus, the protection they offer, even in low speed crashes far outweigh any objections that I have ever heard or come up with on my own. YMMV

Old 02-11-2019, 04:23 PM
crazytown
Road Master

Received 548 Likes on 319 Posts

When I'm on road trips, there are a few places/whole states that are notorious for high winds that never quit. A FF helmet is a godsend on those days. Instead of getting my *** kicked by the wind all day long, a FF helmet helps IMMENSELY. Also, hail storms.

Old 02-11-2019, 05:28 PM
coolbreezy
Advanced
Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

I give the guy's I ride with hard time over anything I can find and if they change because of it, I'll give them a hard time about that. If you don't know who you are, stay the hell away from me. If you do, own it and we'll laugh and have a great time. Someone that bucks up over a good natured ribbing ain't gonna make it long in my circle.
I get your point, but that wasn't what i was getting at. I'm referring to to random individuals trash talking others they do not know for stupid reasons such as wearing a FF on a Harley, or riding a metric, etc. There's a difference between ball busting and being an a-hole.

Old 02-12-2019, 07:52 AM
FNGonaRK
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,665 Likes on 2,675 Posts

Originally Posted by coolbreezy
I get your point, but that wasn't what i was getting at. I'm referring to to random individuals trash talking others they do not know for stupid reasons such as wearing a FF on a Harley, or riding a metric, etc. There's a difference between ball busting and being an a-hole.

Totally agree and like you, I've yet to meet that guy in person. Maybe he turned around and mumbled something as he walked off, but I've never seen someone openly insult, or be an *** to another rider in person.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:06 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Totally agree and like you, I've yet to meet that guy in person. Maybe he turned around and mumbled something as he walked off, but I've never seen someone openly insult, or be an *** to another rider in person.
Lot of bad asses here hiding behind their keyboard. Out on the street, not so much...

The following users liked this post:
Mark Faulkner (02-12-2019)
Old 02-12-2019, 08:14 AM
dceggert
Road Master
Received 496 Likes on 260 Posts

There is no justification required for whatever gear one desires to ride with.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:51 AM
TexasMotorcycleRider
Grand HDF Member
Received 666 Likes on 443 Posts

This thread has a pretty good lifespan. That being said, I do like to ride without a helmet from time to time but it's usually short slow rides where I am reasonably sure I won't encounter traffic. The facts are out there, you can have a significant life altering head injury on a bicycle at 10 mph so the chance of that happening at 35 are even greater. I prefer to wear full face 99% of my riding time and do not feel that I am missing anything. Twice though, I have been pelted in the face shield by a rock, without the full face that would have been pretty painful. One of them actually hit so hard it moved my head back and gouged the shield.

To each his own though, I have lots of friends that ride half helmets or no helmet. One of them is now 6ft under but there were other circumstances like alcohol and excessive speed. He was alive for most of the trip to the hospital, had he been wearing a full face he may still be here...but that isn't a guarantee.

Old 02-12-2019, 08:58 AM
Kingface
Road Master
Received 178 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by Sierra977
If your riding skills are so lacking, and you are so afraid that you feel the need to wear Gay Power Rangers apparel, then you should be in your cheap Jap car.
You are so badass.........

Quick Reply: Full face helmets for Cruisers?