General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Full face helmets for Cruisers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2019, 10:29 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Received 1,497 Likes on 809 Posts

Christmas presents from family. Full Face Helmet, glo stick green textile jacket and flannel lined jeans. All on a Road King. Shame on me! LOL

Old 02-12-2019, 11:41 AM
danhahn
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

You guys just inspired me to order my first ff.
If I don't like riding with it I can use it blowing snow.

Old 02-12-2019, 11:48 AM
99Birdman
Extreme HDF Member

Received 27,702 Likes on 9,179 Posts

Originally Posted by danhahn
You guys just inspired me to order my first ff.
If I don't like riding with it I can use it blowing snow.
FWIW - Don't "order" a FF helmet without trying them on somewhere. The shape of the helmet vs. the shape of your head will dictate whether you have a good or bad experience.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcy...nternal-shape/

Old 02-12-2019, 11:50 AM
danhahn
Tourer
Received 91 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Birdman
FWIW - Don't "order" a FF helmet without trying them on somewhere. The shape of the helmet vs. the shape of your head will dictate whether you have a good or bad experience.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcy...nternal-shape/
I will take that advice.

Old 02-12-2019, 05:12 PM
Coverdog
Tourer

Received 156 Likes on 92 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by Raider Bill
Christmas presents from family. Full Face Helmet, glo stick green textile jacket and flannel lined jeans. All on a Road King. Shame on me! LOL

You must not be one of the tough guy pirates. 😉

Old 02-13-2019, 07:50 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

I'm wearing brown boots too.
Did the pirate costume look 25 or so years ago. I don't ride with anyone but Mama and we really don't GAF what anyone else wears. Rarely wear anything black because it's too danG hot here and you blend in better.
I'm giving the modular helmet a serious try from my normal police style. We'll see how it does in the Florida summers. So far I really don't have any complaints and those I did I worked through.

As a side note I'm liking this new textile jacket!

Old 02-28-2019, 05:38 AM
VAVOL
Novice
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Been trying a HD half, and although I like the openness, I do not enjoy debris in the face. Just received my Gringo S.

Old 02-28-2019, 06:05 AM
Ironhandjohn
Tourer
Received 312 Likes on 124 Posts

The chrome and blue mirrored faceshields for my HJC IS-MAX2 came in yesterday, and so I look forward to wearing it more. I changed out the cheek pads, too, because I was getting ‘smushy-face’ from the 4XL pads that came with the helmet. My Bell 500 feels good but sits up high enough to look like a prop from ‘Spaceballs’.

Old 02-28-2019, 07:03 AM
Mcarso1
Cruiser
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I wore FF back in early 90’s on sport bikes and man they where heavier than hell and peripheral vision was terrible, weight of them actually caused a lot of neck and shoulder pain. As I aged I moved into the Harley realm and it just wasn’t cool to full face helmet ride so it was always shorty style brain buckets till a guy I used to work with went down and head made contact with guardrail, week on life support and brain damage that cost him his job and years of rehab made me think about it more. I started trying the newer style full face helmets on and they are now so light and made with fantastic peripheral vision that once I bought my new one( hjc rpha 70st )I love it and the venting is amazing so not hot to wear either. I do not dis anyone who does not want to wear one , it is each riders choice but we need to think about our families and loved ones who are affected by our decisions.

The following users liked this post:
rjg883c (11-03-2019)
Old 02-28-2019, 10:07 AM
Nokkon Wud
Grand HDF Member

Originally Posted by Ironhandjohn
The chrome and blue mirrored faceshields for my HJC IS-MAX2 came in yesterday, and so I look forward to wearing it more. I changed out the cheek pads, too, because I was getting ‘smushy-face’ from the 4XL pads that came with the helmet. My Bell 500 feels good but sits up high enough to look like a prop from ‘Spaceballs’.
I also have a HJC IS MAX2. Haven't had it for a Florida summer yet but so far I like it.
A weird thing about the mirrored visor. I found that between my Ray-Ban polarized and coated lenses,and the tinting on the visor I got something very close to vertigo after awhile. Not so much around town or short trips but longer riding times.
That said using a clear visor [with pin-lock] the drop down sun visor and those very same Ray-bans it doesn't happen.

Quick Reply: Full face helmets for Cruisers?