General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

biker or bike owner

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Tao3535
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I road year 'round in Arizona, but it's a tough commute to work on a bike through the winter here in WI. Call me a fair weather rider, but when the snow gets deep enough I put the bike away...don't like it, but I do it.

Old 10-16-2009, 07:20 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dumd thread,

Old 10-16-2009, 07:41 PM
badwhine
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dixie FLSTS
Who here has only had a bike as their only source of transprotation with no cage in the family for at least a full year one time in their life.

All 4 seasons.

Having a bike and living with your wife or parents does not count.
Let me out of the cage and I will ride

Old 10-16-2009, 07:46 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Well here we go again with the "real biker" term. thrown around by people trying to reach some mystical lifestyle. Trying to prove that they fit a certain stereotype.

I ride my bike the majority of the summer; fall and winter well the weather sucks and although I do get on my bike at least a couple time per month I'm not riding in ice or 36 degrees and rain. I have a chevy which is my primary rig.

So everyone that is trying to be a real biker with their definitions remember that real bikers don't try or think about what it takes. you should not need a check list to ensure that you are a real biker.

Anyways my 2 cents

Last edited by brutalbrad; 10-16-2009 at 07:50 PM.
Old 10-16-2009, 08:44 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 929 Likes on 571 Posts

I have the titles to all of my cars,truck,motorcycles and sports cars. That must make me an owner. Darn, I thought I was a rider. Now, what does it mean if I own my house outright also.

Old 10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member

Received 471 Likes on 249 Posts

hmmmm 1993 Ford Ranger with 125,000 miles, and a 2005 FLTR with 50,000. I guess I'm NOT a biker.... whew... I feel better now.... maybe I should go buy a SOA t-shirt, and hang out with the REAL bikers.....

or not

Old 10-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Lardog666
Elite HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Obviously, what is needed is some "Official Biker Committee". Everyone would have to submit an application. In cases where ones biker status were not clear, the potential biker would be called before the committee to answer a series of interview questions.
But how would we choose such a committee... another committee? & how would that committee be formed? By consensus?

Old 10-16-2009, 10:56 PM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Lardog666
But how would we choose such a committee... another committee? & how would that committee be formed? By consensus?
Selected by real bikers.

Old 10-16-2009, 11:09 PM
NSCoyote
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MidnitEvil
Obviously, what is needed is some "Official Biker Committee". Everyone would have to submit an application. In cases where ones biker status were not clear, the potential biker would be called before the committee to answer a series of interview questions.

Once the committee deemed one a biker, either via the application, or as a result of the interview, he/she would be given an "Official Biker" identification card.

Then, if their biker status were ever questioned, they could simply ship out their official "I'm a biker" card and settle the dispute.

Of course, there would have to be situations where biker status could be revoked. The former bike would be required to turn in his/her card. Wearing assless chaps, fingerless gloves, any SOA gear, or driving a cage in -15° during a blizzard would result in automatic biker card revocation.
is there a fee for said application/interview and do i recieve my custom fitted and embroidered assless chaps, matching thong, and leather cap after said application/interview or are they mailed to me also does the real biker commitee have the xxxl fingerless gloves in stock as i already have a hard enough time finding xxxl fingerless gloves locally

Old 10-16-2009, 11:16 PM
SportsterBob
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dixie FLSTS
Who here has only had a bike as their only source of transprotation with no cage in the family for at least a full year one time in their life.

All 4 seasons.

Having a bike and living with your wife or parents does not count.
Here we go again....Conduct a poll!!!!

Quick Reply: biker or bike owner