General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

20 Nov and still ridin'

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2009, 06:36 PM
trippy57
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile 20 Nov and still ridin'

This riding season has been the worst on record here in MO......but, that being said, got to ride to work this morning. Left the house at approx. 0645 and the temp was less than 40. Very refreshing ride in to say the least! But the ride home at 60+, now that's what I'm talking about! I never put the bike up for the winter, there's always a day when you can get out and the roads are clear. Ridin' is my therapy.....without it I'm like a junkie without a fix......lol. Almost took the truck, but said to myself: Self, you need to get your *** in the saddle and get a smile on ya face! Glad I listened to me......Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a Scysophrinic (sp?) and so am I! Ride on brothers and sisters, ride on!

Old 11-20-2009, 06:45 PM
electricstart
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

still riding in NJ, little cool at 5:30 in am but ride home has been great

Old 11-20-2009, 06:47 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i got in about 75 miles after work, got a little chilly though. Dipped below 80. I gotta find a long sleeve shirt somewhere.......

Old 11-20-2009, 06:50 PM
WWECOUGAR
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sefferdog
i got in about 75 miles after work, got a little chilly though. Dipped below 80. I gotta find a long sleeve shirt somewhere.......
That was cruel.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:06 PM
MaLfUnCtIoN
Advanced

I rode today too. Ain't it great ? Thank God for leather when the Sun got low on the horizon.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:16 PM
mpmillion
Tourer

Originally Posted by trippy57
This riding season has been the worst on record here in MO......but, that being said, got to ride to work this morning. Left the house at approx. 0645 and the temp was less than 40. Very refreshing ride in to say the least! But the ride home at 60+, now that's what I'm talking about! I never put the bike up for the winter, there's always a day when you can get out and the roads are clear. Ridin' is my therapy.....without it I'm like a junkie without a fix......lol. Almost took the truck, but said to myself: Self, you need to get your *** in the saddle and get a smile on ya face! Glad I listened to me......Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a Scysophrinic (sp?) and so am I! Ride on brothers and sisters, ride on!
Where are you in Mo?? Hasn't been too bad down here in Ft Leonard Wood....course when the rain starts it won't stop for bout a week....
Back in the 50's today and for the next few days....loving these extended "dog days" of summer....now more people will be crying bout global warming and green house effect tryin to get us off the road!!

Old 11-20-2009, 07:33 PM
davenree
Advanced

OK people from the southern tier shouldn't be allowed to reply to a post like this.It's chilly here in SW Pa but I don't put my bike up for the winter either cause you never know when one of those days are going to pop up.Ride safe brothers and sisters.

Old 11-20-2009, 07:36 PM
Sefferdog
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davenree
OK people from the southern tier shouldn't be allowed to reply to a post like this.It's chilly here in SW Pa but I don't put my bike up for the winter either cause you never know when one of those days are going to pop up.Ride safe brothers and sisters.
I was just cracking a joke because I feel your pain, I spent 40 years in Ohio before moving to Fl. I know a little about winter!!

Old 11-20-2009, 08:11 PM
RKKY
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In the 40's with rain today. Still managed to ride to lunch and back. Gotta keep riding. Once I pull out the battery tender I will have admitted defeat. Hoping that doesn't happen until there is snow on the ground.

Old 11-20-2009, 08:18 PM
gill
Cruiser

Still riding everyday here too. It is starting to get chilly at midnight when I get off work but its refreshing!

Quick Reply: 20 Nov and still ridin'