General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some people just aint ready

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2009, 07:38 PM
Seascape
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

Originally Posted by TittiesOnTwo
Schu made a joke and I made a joke and you took it personally. I notice that no one else on here has gotten such one on one attention from you so I am quite flattered!

Now just so you are not offended I am smiling while typing this and I still love you!!! Kisses!!
Love you 2 baby!! I wasnt singling you out,, I'll get to everybody eventually!

So can we see them ******* now?

Old 11-27-2009, 07:39 PM
TittiesOnTwo
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Seascape
Love you 2 baby!! I wasnt singling you out,, I'll get to everybody eventually!

So can we see them ******* now?

brrrrr It's cooooold outside

Old 11-27-2009, 08:25 PM
Da Gumpmeister
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

brrrrr It's cooooold outside

Old 11-27-2009, 08:43 PM
bmac1000
Cruiser

[quote=GrimmRider;5898093]I love waffles.[/quote
Mmmmmm waffles.

Old 11-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Brockmeister
Cruiser

I took the MSF course in '04. I passed, but coulda done better. Out of 24 people, 3 didn't. I got better after I had time to practice on my own. My buddy, on the other hand, took the course 3 weeks ago. He crashed the bike and decided he needed a little time before continuing. I told him to relax and take his time. Just goes to show that not everyone has the same skill sets or timetables.

Old 11-30-2009, 07:13 PM
Trex
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Why would you pass someone that was in your eyes already obviously scared???? I saw a pass happen one day which startled a rider. He lowsided into the other lane and was hit by an oncoming car. To this day those of us that witnessed the accident still can't say why he lowsided. He died. He was neither new nor was he a bad rider but is now no longer with us due to the inconsiderate lack of patience from someone else. I will never understand the mentality of some.
Why would I pass someone riding like that?What do you think I should have done,follow the idiot at a ridiculouse slow speed until he decided to get the hell off the road?Passing is legal,are you aware of that?Should I have babysat him?What?

Old 11-30-2009, 07:23 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 817 Likes on 803 Posts

worst one i ever seen was one that turned onto our 4 lane road at a stop light going bout 2mph and dragging his feet both sides all the way through the turn, and that was a 50ft radius turn......

Old 11-30-2009, 07:32 PM
TittiesOnTwo
Road Master

Originally Posted by Trex
Why would I pass someone riding like that?What do you think I should have done,follow the idiot at a ridiculouse slow speed until he decided to get the hell off the road?Passing is legal,are you aware of that?Should I have babysat him?What?

You made it sound as if you whipped around and past him.... My bad
Geez!

Old 11-30-2009, 08:19 PM
jousley
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Safety is of course our main concern.. hell we're out there without a cage around us, and damn jokers (espec here in s. cali) hopping lanes like no one's there. That's why I can't ride in the carpool lane - fools jumping the lane outside of the broken lines.. but I woke up one day and thought, "I might like to ride a harley". and took the MSF course 2 weeks later. I just wanted to add to this thread by hilighting that the MSF course is awesome.. they kicked fools out who couldn't be safe... they made sure that those who "rode since they were a kid" were able to meet the safety requirements that are expected today... and they were sure to teach us how to be continually aware of our surroundings... I don't have any affiliation with them, but wanted to make sure that anyone out there reading this thread and is interested in riding a bike, to look up the Motorcycle Safety Foundation. Their tactics have saved me more than once.

Happy riding all

J.

Old 11-30-2009, 08:20 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

Well I tried to refrain from speaking up but I guess it is not in my nature.

#1. My prayers go out to the lady riders family, God bless them.
#2. The entry level MSF class , and BRC were never intended to take someone with zero experience and turn them into Jerry Motorman Paladino in three days.
#3. After obtaining your MC License it is in your best interest (and others) to find that empty lot and practice. Build confidence and learn at your own time frame. Never try to ride out side your ability. Especially by allowing someone to intimidate you.
#4. There is nothing wrong with being cautious no matter what level proficiency you believed you have achieved. Keep practicing proper methods and procedures and your chances of survival in an emergency are increased.
#5. Take all the advanced courses and ERC classes you can. You will learn more and improve.
#6. Sometimes God takes us and we don't know why. That may be what happened.

My dad would never fly in a plane. One time while coaxing him into a commercial airliner I said to him "oh dad when it is your time to go it is your time to go". He looked at me thought a second and said " what it if is the pilots turn to go" I miss my dad, he too died at a early age, only 84.

I guess I am humbled at the death of someone who also liked this sport. I am sure she never dreamed she would not come home.

Last edited by Nellybelle; 11-30-2009 at 08:23 PM.

Quick Reply: Some people just aint ready