General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LED accent lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 05:14 PM
pleasants9
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default LED accent lights

I've been comtemplating wiring some additional LED lights under my gas tank and what not around the bike. Any one have any experience with LED lights and the manufacturers/kits. I saw Harley DAvidson offers some lighting kits but they seem quite up there in price. I am fairly experienced with wiring so I the ease of plugging in isn't as important to me as durability/price/ and ease of attaching to the motorcycle. I welcome any and all comments/help.

Old 12-03-2009, 05:54 PM
2003Springer
Outstanding HDF Member

Been eyeing a few different kind a walley world. The have a couple of styles and colors. My bike is silver and black White under tank would probably not be to bad.

Old 12-03-2009, 06:05 PM
Ultra-Rick
Cruiser
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the kapscomoto Spider pod LED kit on the Ultra. They work great and were easy to install. Here's the link to them.
http://www.kapscomoto.com/Shop-By-Pr...-Kit-p530.html

Here are some pics and a video of them installed.
http://s879.photobucket.com/albums/ab351/Ultra-Rick/

Old 12-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Peedib89
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have a no magic kit installed on my sporty. You can get them all over the place. if they say street magic LED's there the same kit i have. i like them, get complements on them most of the time

Old 12-03-2009, 07:48 PM
TheJimer
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pleasants9
I've been comtemplating wiring some additional LED lights under my gas tank and what not around the bike. Any one have any experience with LED lights and the manufacturers/kits. I saw Harley DAvidson offers some lighting kits but they seem quite up there in price. I am fairly experienced with wiring so I the ease of plugging in isn't as important to me as durability/price/ and ease of attaching to the motorcycle. I welcome any and all comments/help.
Just installed some LED accent lights from Joe Florida on my TG. The 8pc., 120 bulb kit with manual on/off switch was $118.00, which is enough for a 2-wheeler but I have to order a couple more strips for my trike!

Attached Thumbnails LED accent lights-100_0213.jpg   LED accent lights-100_0214.jpg  
Old 12-03-2009, 08:53 PM
HDATTY
Advanced

I installed Joe Florida. It was the 96 lights in strips. you can cut the strips to fit. It took a couple of hours. Easy to do.

Old 12-03-2009, 08:54 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Not really feeling LEDs at all

Old 12-03-2009, 09:30 PM
Enve-me
Advanced

I dont have them yet, but I think they look great when done right.

Old 12-03-2009, 09:34 PM
The_Dude
Advanced

LED's are not for everyone, thats why all of our bikes are a lil different. I mean c'mon who wants to have an identical bike as someone else. I say go for it, man. See how they look and how you feel rollin with them.
The worst that can happen is, you are out $100 if decide against them.

Personally, I like seeing LED's on other bikes but I dont want them on mine.

Old 12-03-2009, 10:44 PM
pleasants9
Cruiser

Thanks for all the replys. Yeah im definitly set on getting them, I havn't done any sort of upgrade work to my bike in a long time and im getting the itching feeling to do something. I have a good amount of chrome on the engine and drivetrain and thought it would be nice to have a simple on/off switch for the whole system and run it down the bike. I know I dont want to spend the money on somethign that does every color. The pain theme on on bike is mostly purple so I was thinking either straight purple lights or dark blue. Im mostly unsure as to what LED kit/system to purchase. Id love to see some photos of peoples bikes with the LED's on if you have one handy

Quick Reply: LED accent lights