General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The best two hours of my life.

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2009, 01:27 PM
Fl Biker
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up The best two hours of my life.

ABATE of Florida went to an assistant living home and presented presents to the senior citizens. It is an annual event that ABATE puts on for these kind and soft spoken people. The local radio and TV station was their to capture the moment but seeing it first hand was heart wrenching. I met some wonderful people their and shed a tear and listened to some of their stories. Thank you seniors for your courageous effort in life and make the United States the best place to live in the world.

I met the most wonderful person on this planet. Yes she was and still is a Harley die-heard. The attached files was pictures of her room. And guess what she was the "party" room for me and all of the Harley riders.

Once again it was the best two hours I have spent with these people and looking forward to it again next year.

Thought I would share the memories and the moment. Two pictures of her and her room, she had a "ton" of Harley stuff in her room

Attached Thumbnails The best two hours of my life.-100_1517.jpg   The best two hours of my life.-100_1528.jpg  
Old 12-13-2009, 01:32 PM
harleydavis
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 30 Likes on 21 Posts

Very cool! We do something similar here every year, just not with ABATE. The seniors really enjoyed the Harleys and the fact that we spent time with them.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:38 PM
BobStreetBob
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work with senior citizens every day and know what you are talking about. There is a lifetime of wisdom in each of they're voices if we just listen to them. One of our residents has an old photo in a frame taken back in the early fifties. It's of her sitting on "her" hog. (and looking hot) They are the last of a great generation. They've been there. This is a good thing you guys do.
I bet that lady in the pic is a tuff 'ol broad. God love 'er.

Old 12-13-2009, 01:46 PM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is cool! I use to love to sit around and listen to seniors tell there stories of life. A lot of wisdom there! Now I am one